ICC World T20 India 2016 - March/April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like no one will be able to speak negatively about Kohli...

Okay, now that tournament is over, I can finally do this. I love doing this.

Batting Category:
Best Batsman - Virat Kohli
Best Youngster - Quinton de Kock
Most Improved Batsman - Can't think since the tournament had finished within just 20 days. Usman Khawaja & Tamim Iqbal anyway.
Best Innings - Virat Kohli's 82* vAustralia
Failure of the tournament - AB de Villiers & Rohit Sharma

Bowling Category:
Best Bowler - Mitchell Santner
Best Youngster - Rashid Khan
Most Improved Bowler - Chris Jordan (only if he hadn't bowled those spectacular yorkers previously on consistent basis; otherwise, it's none.)
Best Innings - James Faulkner's 5/27 vPakistan
Failure of the tournament - R Ashwin

Team Category:
Best Team - West Indies
Most Improved Team - Afghanistan
Decline of the tournament - Ireland

Misc:
Best match - Final (West Indies v England)
Most surprising/shocking/breathtaking incident - Brathwaite's 6666 in final over of the final

-x-

Here is the format in case you're interested in doing review of the tournament.

Batting Category:
Best Batsman -
Best Youngster -
Most Improved Batsman -
Best Innings -
Failure of the tournament -

Bowling Category:
Best Bowler -
Best Youngster -
Most Improved Bowler -
Best Innings -
Failure of the tournament -

Team Category:
Best Team -
Most Improved Team -
Decline of the tournament -

Misc:
Best match -
Most surprising/shocking/breathtaking incident -

Last edited:
It's not that like that. Of course you can state your opinion which is what he did. However, his arguments to support that opinion were not strong enough.

Most people outside India believe that Root is better than Kohli. I'm one of them. Might have something to do with the fact that Kohli is a very unlikeable character.

Let me make this clear to you that Indian crowd is not like other country crowd where they support only the home team. Apart from Women's matches, there was full house for all the games for Men's matches irrespective of host/home team or away/visiting team.

I can't control my laughter reading this. If you are unaware about "Asia Cup" then watch the highlights of all the matches played by India in "Bangladesh". The crowd was giving their support to only Host team. Apart from India-Pakistan match, there was no crowd for games played by other teams. It was a full house for all the matches where Bangladesh team was involved.

Let me alter your statement - Virat played in alien conditions, often with hostile crowds, with a crop of entirely out-of-form/flop players and not only scored lots of runs but Won us the Asia Cup single handedly. Btw it was a bowling pitch providing no assistance for batsmen.

(Virat scored 80+ runs and grabbed the wicket of Johnson Charles in the semies who was playing fantastically)

So did Virat. He was consistent in Australia where he was highest run scorer with 3 fifties. He was the highest run scorer in Bangladesh where he score 2-3 fifties and missed one due to bad umpiring (although he scored 49 in that match) and same in WT20. The series which I mentioned includes 2 "Away" and 1 "Home".

Please don't get me wrong. I couldn't resist myself reading those post of yours' praising Root over Kohli. I do respect Joe and his game and I'm proud that he played well away from home and was a key to England's success in getting into the Finals. He was also in my Fantasy Team.

Well played Joe but you are not as best as Kohli.

You clearly weren't watching the same WC as me, as there were only full houses for the India matches. One reason that I've also maintained that England host the best global tournaments, as they pretty much sell out every ground for any match.

Best batsman- Root
Best youngster- de Kock
Most improved- Roy
Best innings- Root vs West Indies
Failure of the tournament- Maxwell (don't remember him doing anything)

Best bowler- Badree
Best youngster- Santner
Most improved- Jordan
Best innings- Santner vs India
Failure of the tournament- Steyn

Best team- West Indies
Most Improved- England
Decline- Sri Lanka

Best match- the final
Shocking moment- Bangladesh not getting over the line against India

Reactions: Ohm
You clearly weren't watching the same WC as me, as there were only full houses for the India matches. One reason that I've also maintained that England host the best global tournaments, as they pretty much sell out every ground for any match.
Maybe because they have smaller grounds?[DOUBLEPOST=1459937299][/DOUBLEPOST]And also because they have a lot of asian expats.

Maybe because they have smaller grounds?[DOUBLEPOST=1459937299][/DOUBLEPOST]And also because they have a lot of asian expats.

It doesn't really matter why. And actually, apart from Eden Gardens and Bangalore, I think the other grounds have a capacity between 25,000-30,000, which isn't too much bigger than English grounds. Anyway, it's all relative- India have a much bigger population, which is far denser in the cities.

Batting Category:
Best Batsman - Kohli
Best Youngster - de kock
Most Improved Batsman - None
Best Innings - Kohli vs Australia
Failure of the tournament - ABD

Bowling Category:
Best Bowler - Badree
Best Youngster - Santner
Most Improved Bowler - Nehra
Best Innings - Santner vs India
Failure of the tournament - Ashwin

Team Category:
Best Team - West Indies
Most Improved Team - England
Decline of the tournament - Sri Lanka

Misc:
Best match - India vs Australia
Most surprising/shocking/breathtaking incident - 6666

Most people outside India believe that Root is better than Kohli.
Really ? I doubt so.
I'm one of them.
I am guessing you are from England ? So....
Might have something to do with the fact that Kohli is a very unlikeable character.
He was before, definitely. But now, little bit decreased.

And unlikeable character is not a way to measure whether a player plays good cricket/bad cricket. It's not a character test. It's about cricket. A player plays well or bad should be considered based on his/her performance.

Also, Kohli was far better than Root atleast in this world cup. Not saying just because I am Indian. Kohli was always in pressure. The lone performer in the team. No one else played well(from India) except him in this tournament. And Root had much support from other batsmen in his team. Also, the pitches Kohli played except the last match was, difficult to bat on. Just see how many runs he and root have scored in how many matches. Kohli has got more runs with less matches played. Kohli was the best batsmen in this tournament without a doubt.

Really ? I doubt so.

I am guessing you are from England ? So....

He was before, definitely. But now, little bit decreased.

And unlikeable character is not a way to measure whether a player plays good cricket/bad cricket. It's not a character test. It's about cricket. A player plays well or bad should be considered based on his/her performance.

Also, Kohli was far better than Root atleast in this world cup. Not saying just because I am Indian. Kohli was always in pressure. The lone performer in the team. No one else played well(from India) except him in this tournament. And Root had much support from other batsmen in his team. Also, the pitches Kohli played except the last match was, difficult to bat on. Just see how many runs he and root have scored in how many matches. Kohli has got more runs with less matches played. Kohli was the best batsmen in this tournament without a doubt.

Unfortunately, being an arrogant little t**t, does blur people's judgement when assessing their cricketing skills.

Unfortunately, being an arrogant little t**t, does blur people's judgement when assessing their cricketing skills.
Well then, judging a player's skills by that (bolded) is plain foolishness and stupid.

Human nature I'm afraid. Happens in all walks of life.
I know. That's just what I am talking about.

Also, he hasn't done something so horrible that his character is very bad like you are talking about. He hasn't done anything so drastic. 1.He didn't pull someone's shirt. 2.He didn't stop someone from running. 3.He didn't throw ball at someone. 4.He didn't throw bat at someone. Players have done these mentioned things and people love them anyway. If you want me to name those players, sure. I will. But I assume you already know who they are.

I agree he was bit high in his early years. But from past 1-2 years, he is being decent.

People choose to see what they want to see. That's just stupid. Haters gonna hate. That doesn't prove he is not a good cricketer. He is one of the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread