Story ICC World Test Championships 2005/06 [C2005]

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
mainbanner.gif

The
International Cricket Council (ICC) has unveiled a tournament that will showcase the best test cricketing teams in the world at the moment, to determine the test champions of the world. These four teams have played competitively against each other in the past few years, with almost nothing to choose between them. They will now come together for a mega tournament with large prize money up for grabs, and of course the pride and respect that comes from being at the top of the world. Watch out for more information in the very near future!

UPDATE: ICC ANNOUNCES MATCH FIXTURES!
fixtable.gif

Last edited:
Okay, so I know I am notorious for starting stories and leaving them hanging. But this is pretty long term so I think I will hang on!

Team India Announced

The Board for Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) today announced the squad for the Indian cricket team that will be participating in the World Test Championship tournament devised by the ICC. India is the first country to announce a squad, which the BCCI secretary describes as being "tentative" but "most likely permanent":

teamind.gif

Coach: Greg Chappell
1. Rahul Dravid (capt.)
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Gautam Gambhir
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sourav Ganguly
6. VVS Laxman
7. Yuvraj Singh
8. Mohammad Kaif
9. Y Venugopal Rao
10. Dinesh Karthik (wk)
11. Irfan Pathan
12. Ajit Agarkar
13. Laxmipathy Balaji
14. Harbhajan Singh
15. Anil Kumble
16. Murali Karthik

^ Hence the ...?
:P Yes, I'll be playing as India. But I might as well be playing as Bangladesh because I haven't played the game in ages! :D

Machanperu Bala said:
Where do you want Pakistan to go, as they are not a part of this tournament!:p

Oh lol... didn't know that :p but they should be playing...

Go England than...

Looks like this could be interesting, especially if it goes the distance! Look forward to it mate.

Cricket Australia today announced their team for the tournament. The team sees more or less the regular squad. A representative from the CA said, "We really hope our fast bowlers stay fit." Indeed, the fast bowlers hold a key in Australia's performance.

teamaus.gif

Coach: John Buchanan
1. Ricky Ponting (capt.)
2. Justin Langer
3. Matthew Hayden
4. Mike Hussey
5. Brad Hodge
6. Michael Clarke
7. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
8. Simon Katich
9. Shane Warne
10. Stuart MacGill
11. Glenn McGrath
12. Jason Gillespie
13. Brett Lee
14. Michael Kasprowicz
15. Shane Watson
16. Andrew Symonds

The South African and English cricket boards today went ahead and announced their team for the mega ICC tournament--ICC Test Championships. Both boards were excited, yet cautious, about how the tournament would turn out after the ICC's recent failure with the Super Series event.

teameng.gif

Coach: Duncan Fletcher
1. Michael Vaughan (capt.)
2. Marcus Trescothick
3. Andrew Strauss
4. Ian Bell
5. Paul Collingwood
6. Kevin Pietersen
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Geraint Jones (wk)
9. Ashley Giles
10. Matthew Hoggard
11. Steve Harmison
12. Simon Jones
13. James Anderson
14. Shaun Udal
15. Chris Tremlett
16. Ian Blackwell

teamrsa.gif

Coach: Mickey Arthur
1. Graeme Smith*
2. AB de Villiers
3. Boeta Dippenaar
4. Jacques Kallis
5. Herschelle Gibbs
6. Jacques Rudolphe
7. Andrew Hall
8. Mark Boucher (wk)
9. Charl Langeveldt
10. Makhaya Ntini
11. Andre Nel
12. Nicky Boje
13. Shaun Pollock
14. Ashwell Prince
15. Monde Zondeki
16. Robin Peterson

Good stuff mate, keep it up. Looks like you've got the knack with graphics...a knack I wish I had...ok, cya all, time to buy a few tissue boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread