ICC World Twenty20

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Weird. Group A seems very weak aside from 1 nation of course yet Group C has 3 main nations, and Australia's one of them. B is hard to pick as is D.

Unless of course it's another one of these top 2 from 3 man group advances.

Yogy

Club Cricketer
Australia will go home in the first round itself.:happy

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Lol wth West Indies should have been in Group A and Bangladesh or Ireland should have been in Group C. ICC are such idiots they have made it tough for both Sri Lanka and West Indies.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Group A is toughest. India will scrape home barely.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Forget it. He's been brainwashed to an immeasurable extent. Australia, Ricky Ponting and Punter are the only words he knows.

India and Australia will start off as favourites however England, South Africa and New Zealand may surprise with their versatility in their all rounders.

And you know only one thing and that is how to insult Australia and Ponting

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know i am dreaming, Let me Dream for now :D

Winners
2009 ICC World Twenty20 World Cup(England)
West Indies

2011 ICC World Twenty20 World Cup(Sri Lanka)
West Indies

2013 ICC World Twenty20 World Cup(Bangladesh)
West Indies

2015 ICC World Twenty20 World Cup(India & UAE)
West Indies

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
I know i am dreaming, Let me Dream for now :D

Winners
2009 ICC World Twenty20 World Cup(England)
West Indies

2011 ICC World Twenty20 World Cup(Sri Lanka)
West Indies

2013 ICC World Twenty20 World Cup(Bangladesh)
West Indies

2015 ICC World Twenty20 World Cup(India & UAE)
West Indies

Sorry to say dude but WI will go in the first round!

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
I just saw the new it is telling that 2009 ICC T20 World Cup to be held in West Indies and also its date has shifted to 2010 !!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I just saw the new it is telling that 2009 ICC T20 World Cup to be held in West Indies and also its date has shifted to 2010 !!

You saw it wrong. The 2009 edition will be in England as usual, and they have added a new edition of the T20 world cup in 2010 and West Indies will host it. So we will have 2 T20 world cups in 2 years on the trot.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Hopefully NZ could do well in this 20/20 world cup, they would have a pretty strong side. Jesse Ryder, Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor, Jacob Oram, Tim Southee. Those guys alone are capable of taking the game away in just a few balls, plus Styris, and Daniel Flynn who is able to smack the ball around abit to. And then add Kyle Mills and James Franklin who are also big hitters of a cricket ball.

karnog

International Cricketer
Imagine if its Ireland v Scotland in the final. Dreaming

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Geez, we got a tough group. I'm not confident on us in these sorts of twenty20 games we are sort of expected to win. We lost in the 11/11 vs West Indies in thr Carribean earlier this year.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
After seeing how Australia played today I can definitely see them giving most sides a run for their money, and I'd probably say they're the favourites for this tournament. England need to learn from Australia here as well, and pick an XI that would be best suited to Twenty20 cricket, as the normal ODi team just doesn't suffice. I think we should go for something like:

Denly
Key (C)
Pietersen
Shah
Bopara
Flintoff
Napier
Foster (WK)
Broad
Swann
Bresnan

Got Key and Denly opening, they're a proven opening partnership and did very well last year together. Then Pietersen at 3, that's his best position in T20, gives him most time to make an impact. Then we've got Shah and Bopara in the middle order, 2 very good players. Following them are the 2 all-rounders, in Flintoff and Napier, both could move up the order if the run rate needs a boost, and with Napier more than capable of hitting a big ball he could be key. Then the wicket keeper Foster. Then the 3 bowlers, in Broad, Swann and Bresnan.

This team not only gives us 11 guys capable of smashing runs, but also quite a few bowling options, with Broad, Bresnan, Flintoff, Napier, Swann, and even Bopara and Pietersen offering overs. It's not quite an Australian team on paper, but it should provide us with a very good chance of winning the thing. Far more of a chance than if we had Bell, Collingwood, Strauss and Anderson in. What you reckon?

Oh yeh, and before Joe does it. OMFG TROTT. I know, I couldn't fit him in, he'd be in the squad though ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread