I'm Confused (What's new......)

Highlander999

ICC President
Totally confused now. WORLD CHAMPIONS is saying that if I win my OD play-off match next week, I will be promoted. I don't see how this can happen as I am currently 5th in Div 4 and my opponent is 1st in Div 5. How the heck would me winning this match get me promoted into Division 3?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Only thing that happens if you win your playoff match is you stay in your division. If you lose you go to div 5.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Battrick is the biggest and best free online cricket management game.

You manage a team of cricketers against other human managers from all over the world. You can log in at any time of the day, or night, to check on your club, expand the ground, buy and sell players, set match orders for upcoming matches and much, much more. Each team is involved in a limited over (50 overs) league, a First Class (3 day) league and there is a limited overs cup tournament to compete for, too. All that and a 20 over competition thrown in for good measure! You can be sure there will be plenty to keep your interest during the Battrick week!

It costs you nothing to play Battrick(Unless you buy membership). Everything that you need to do to manage your side is on this site and changes take effect from the moment you give the orders. All you need is a browser. It has been designed so that you can spend as little or as much time managing your club as you wish.

Taken from the Battrick website

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
The first sentence is a lie. FTP is the best free online cricket management game. Link in my sig...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Umm...how?

Match Engine: FTP's is far better, don't even try to argue. Bonuses for new ball bowlers, old ball bowlers, special talents (Triggered deliveries, skill bonuses for during matches, triggered batting skills, safe hands, etc.), variety in bowling attacks get a bonus, batsmen consolidate at the fall of a wicket and accelerate towards the end (unlike in BT where it is often the other way around), no stupid 'BT Collapses', pitch conditions and weather actually play a role, fielding checks show you when a catch has been dropped or when a runout has been missed, as well as when they have been taken, and shows misfields or good fielding efforts. Fielding is more important in general. Captains play a role as better skippers set better fields, improving your side's bowling efforts, and also give the batters a boost as they are likely to tell them before they go in what is needed. You can assign 5-over spells to different bowlers, allowing you to use parttimers, and soon there will be pinch-hitter and strike-bowler options as well. Choosing between two players is much more than just going by skills, as bowling types (which make a difference), batting hand (LH/RH combinations gain a bonus), Fielding and Experience (Both which actually work and matter here) and Form (Which, suprise suprise, works here) all play a role. Experiences gains actually work properly and play quite a significant role. Oh, and batsmen shield tailenders too. Tactics play a so much bigger role in winning matches than just having the better team, you can actually see differences in performance when setting a bowler to attacking or defensive, and same with batsmen. I've won tons of games against better sides by out-thinking them. It's wonderful. It's so diverse. Your best bowler could have three dropped catches and lots of fumbles in the outfield giving him bad figures, your worst bowler could get lucky with some good work from the keeper. Your best bat could survive being dropped our be runout by the opposing side's best fielder. You could have a whirlwind innings of clean hitting, or just many misfields. It is so much like real cricket. It's brilliant.

Features - FTP again. You can have blog entries, wider range of stats (including friendly match stats) and organised friendly competitions all for non-members. You need to be a member to start a competiton, but if the member wants, no-members can join too. You can also re-name players as a member (a limited amount though, you will have to pay extra if you want to exceed that limit), as well as even more stats, logos, etc. There is also a world ranking scheme here, and a better, fairer cup to go with a T20, Senior One-Day and Youth One-Day league. Which brings another feature, a Youth Academy team. Fantastic feature. Youth players can play in your senior team as well. All youth pulls start there, and when they turn 19, join the senior squad. The amount you invest in the academies controlls how good they are and how fast they train, but the amount you invest is judged against a nation-wide average. So if the nation-wide average it 20K, then investing that amount will keep your academy static, while more will show slight improvements. The difference in training speeds for a lower academy against the highest level is apparently not a great deal, so newbies are not disadvantaged either. The training system in FTP is fantastic too, completely eliminating farm teams and making an allround team more possible, as well as making training incredible allrounders trickier.

Communtiy: Well, BT wins here sadly. But FTP has a great community, just not the strength of BT's.

International Games: FTP all the way. In one season FTP has done what BT has failed in what, 5 seasons? We have International Tours, which last one week (3 times a season for each team, staggered across the season between U-19s and Nats), and have 3 ODIs. These tours may soon include tests. And the way they have been structured, with seperate fatigue for Club and Country, and bonuses for having NT players, actually makes having a NT worth while instead of it being like a White Elephant gift. (Look it up if you don't know what I mean by that). I've got quite a few NT players, and am proud of it and really like the exp. gains they get for touring. Except the fact that it dents my squad for that one week.

I don't think you've even been to the site or played the game, so you don't have any right to call it awful. I've played both, and FTP is the better one for me. Easily.

Last edited:

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have been to FTP and i used to have a team. The game engine is not so high as you are telling, few possitive features are there but they are way too complicated. The website is really crap always makes me feel i have come some some crap place.

FTP = ICL
BT= IPL

;)

arunj1

Club Cricketer
Although I play both, I prefer FTP to BT. It is definitely better ;)

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think you've even been to the site or played the game, so you don't have any right to call it awful. I've played both, and FTP is the better one for me. Easily.

That's a major point to be honest. Everyone has a different opinion on whether FTP or BT is better and always will. I played FTP for a while when it first came out and enjoyed it, but forgot about it for a few days and then couldn't find the motivation to go back to it. I enjoy BT more.

Might sign up to FTP again though, see how far they've come.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
WC, you are basing the website on it's presentation. That is literally judging a book by it's cover! But hey, if you are as shallow as that, then fine.

FTP's engine isn't complicated, it's more like real cricket. What would you expect your number 4 and 5 to do if you are 11/3 after 5 overs? Consolidate, or go beserk and score centuries because they are your team's best batsmen, only to have them slow down towards the end and get out before the slog overs leading to a BT collapse?

It's just about how your mindset is and how you adjust to the engine. I know with FTP that I can think about what orders to set and how they would work to more closely resemble real cricket than the BT version. Personal taste maybe, but FTP offers far more in terms of depth tactically. And I like that part. And it isn't behind BT on features either, and farm teams or campers are non existant, which is a HUGE plus over BT.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Umm...how?

Match Engine: FTP's is far better, don't even try to argue

I won't, as you have a ridiculously superior attitude.

I will however comment on your latest post: I myself am in the process of camping to farm NT players. So that's just clearly wrong.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
In FTP? How are you camping? And to be frank, it won't do you any good. Your players won't train faster than any other ones, good academy or not, and then as their wages shoot up the amount you earn from Sponsorship and prize money won't be enough.

There is a great advantage to promoting here. Significant increases in prize money (They aren't at full value yet, to prevent sides who got lucky to make it to the top divs early from gaining from it, but they are increasing each season and are expected to be at full value in a few more seasons), and sponsorship money.

Users who are viewing this thread