Improvements For The Next Title

Gamergq

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I liked this game and was certainly an upgrade frome Ashes 2009 which I loved but I would like to see improvements listed below feel free to through your ideas in who knows maybe a games developer of codemaster might be lurking on this forum.

+ Added Elements to Batting Different batting stance or Hitting Technique for individual batsman, All the top sports games give the video game counterparts individual classical indisguished traits in Pro Evolution Soccer there are different freekick, penalty and dribling styles in Fight Night Boxers have different blocking styles,punching delvery combination styles.

Example:

Batting Stance:
High Back lift - Graham Gooch, Marcus Trescothick, Tony Greig
Classical - The Don, Geoff Boycott , Desmond Haynes, Sunil Gavaskar
Unorthodox - Chanderpaul
Exaggerated - Brian Lara
Elegant - David Gower, Mark Waugh
Orthodox - Tendulkar, Ponting

+ Improved more polished and relistic looking Bowling Action motions

+ More relistic gameplay batsmen hitting bowlers for six's when being bolwed a good quality yorker has to stop, the gameplay has improved but there is still much need improvement.

+ Classic Teams National teams of 16 players, A feature I love in pro evolution and should be introduced in this game franchise and you dont need licences to do this just appreciation of cricket history and hard work from the makers.

Example:
Classic England - Hobbs,Boycott, Gooch, Gower, Willis,Botham, Thorpe,
Classic Australia - Bradman, Boon, Border, Warne, Steve Waugh, Lillee, Mark Waugh, Healy
Classic West Indies - Sobbers, Richards, Worrell, Lloyd,Lara, Headley, Weeks, Marshell, Ambrose, Walsh, Holding
Classic India - Gavaskar, Dev, Tendulkar, Kumble, V.V.S. Laxman, Dravid, Azharuddin
Classic Pakistan - Khan, Akram, Younis, Inzaman-ul-Haq, Miandad, Anwar
Classic New Zealand - Hadlee, Crowe, Cairns, Sutcliffe
Classic South Africa - Richards, Pollock, Donald
Classic Sri Lanka - Muralithran, Jayasuriya

+Editable players - all players should be editable in this game even the licenced players.

+Better Custom Player Mode - There should be a vast amount of player customer options for apperances different face types, facial hair options, hairstlyes, height, weight options and clothing options for fielding, bowling and batting.

+ More Custom player slots and custom team slots - There should be more custom player slots allocated in the next game you should be able to create 160 players from scratch minimum with 10 blank teams to create from scratch e.g kits, name, home ground location like in Pro Evolution Soccer series.

+ Plethora of Licenced Equipment - Gray and Nicholls, Kookuruba, Slazenger, Gunn and Moore, Stuart Surridge , CA, MRF, SS, BDM, Duncan Fearnley, Hunts and Country, Newberry, Salix, Addidas, Puma, Woodworm, Screaming Cat, Redback

The personalised traits is a good idea but it's only starting to be implemented into games like FIFA. It'll be a while before cricket games get that indepth I think. You need a good solid base before you start working on minor things. The core gameplay needs to be sound. And at the moment, the yorkers etc are pissing me off a bit.

The personalised traits is a good idea but it's only starting to be implemented into games like FIFA. It'll be a while before cricket games get that indepth I think. You need a good solid base before you start working on minor things. The core gameplay needs to be sound. And at the moment, the yorkers etc are pissing me off a bit.

Pro Evolution have had personal traits long before Fifa if Codemasters is serious this could be easily implemented than again they might not be too serious with the lack of competition on scene.

I would love a world league mode like Rugby 06 etc. Manage your team through multiple seasons with the aim of winning the 1st division. Trade players with AI teams and receive job offers from other clubs, all that...

I want that they should also include a text chat system in online play

There are a lot of things that could be fines tuned but here are my suggestions:

-Fix current issues - online, bugs etc.
-More realistic animations - Get rid of those exaggerated dives and charging forward to catch a kph slip catch! Better bowling animations (smoother and more genetic, particularly for fast bowlers and spinners).
-Make wicket keepers not catch the ball one handed all the time.
-Fix the hawk-eye shot map. It doesn't show threes and instead shows fives.
-Stats tracking (pop up match statistics as seen on TV)
-More realistic celebrations (pulling stumps out at end of match).
-Manual/auto appeal option.
-Better sound effects - leather on willow, crowd noise (along the lines of Cricket 07)
-Rain delays (covers and ground staff come on - effects players confidence and conditions)
-Duckwarth & Lewis? (may be too hard to recreate in a game)
-Faster outfields in test matches (when dry)
-No cardboard crowd figures! We've had enough after 10+ years.
-Lusher outfields at Lords/dryer in the subcontinent.
-More variety in wicket textures - don't wear as quickly on green pitches - less cracks.
-More leg byes that go for 4 - leg glances like in Cricket 07.
-More realistic bouncers - batsmen duck and get out of the way when low on confidence. When confidence is up, then they attack the short ball more.
-Yorkers do what they suppost to do!
-Less lofted shots by AI in test matches.
-More decisive running - scampering for quick singles, running twos and threes more often.
-Fielders actually try to get the ball and not have a Sunday stroll!

If we could get half of these things in the next game, it would be much improved. IC2010 was a big improvement on AC09, so let's hope it continues to improves for the next game.

Last edited:
When the CPU has a batsman at one end and a tailender at the other end then the batsman should look to take more strike rather than sharing it evenly as it does now.

The frame rate in offline mode is not as good as ashes 2009. ic 2010 frame rate dips alot during cutscenes and during broadcast bowling camera. Does anyone experience this ?

Oh my bad :facepalm

I was viewing AC09 forum for some time and had IC10 tab opened and I didn't notice the forum in which I am posting :facepalm

Last edited:
These were my suggestions a while back to improve the game.

- Better commentary (Maybe bring some NZ and Indian commentators in)

- All team are licensed

- Updated stats for players online (maybe a program to connect to cricinfo.com to update players stats) - I think 2K10 use it for 2K10 Basketball and Baseball.

- Better player models- I thought EA Cricket 07 had better player models/likeness.

- Snickometer, Hotspot and player review system would be awesome in the game (Hawkeye is not enough) I think the AI umpires make ridiculous calls with LBW's in IC2010

- Better bat sounds (make edges sound like edges)

- Good music when someone gets out or a boundary is hit

- Better animation when player scores 50, 100 etc or a bowler takes a wicket
- Bring more bat selections into the game - add Indian Bats into the game. I think Trickstar Games improved it this time.

- More teams and different competitions/tours - I remember on Cricket 2004 had tours like "New Zealand tour of Australia" - They faced Australian domestic teams during the tour and Australia. Also there was the tri-series between AUS, NZ and SA

- Better replays and highlights showing the 4's and 6's the batsmen scored. For a bowler, they could show the previous wickets from a bowler that took 4 wickets. etc. EA Cricket 2007 is a good example of effective replays

- The replays weren't great on IC2010. Even Cricket 07 had more replays. Stump Cam is a needed replay.

- An lastly, an online system that works. Sportsmanship rating by itself won't work. Basically if someone quits out of a game (this excludes XBOX Live/PS3 disconnection), they lose the match and they lose sportsmanship points. Bring in stats for batting averages etc.

It probably won't happen but it's a suggestion which I'm sure my fellow cricket gamers would agree to be the ultimate cricket game!!

Trickstar Games definitely rushed with the game which we can tell from all the bugs, glitches and online problems.

Users who are viewing this thread