India-England-Australia Tri-series - January 2015

Who will win the Carlton Mid Tri-Series ?

• India

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • England

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Can't Say Anything

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People moaning at Warner for talking to the batsman when he's supposed to be in his fielding position...? A little hypocritical I'd have thought personally.

Rather his thuggish behaviour in general.

Wow, we actually went with 5 bowlers in the first ODI but couldnt be bothered with it in Tests :| Very strange

Not really. In an ODIs you need 5 bowlers because of the restrictions. Some of the best test teams in the last 30 years have had 4 bowlers. Australia 2000 to 2005 for example.

My comment was very specific to Team India - our struggles with getting 20 wkts in an overseas test are very well known. I don't have a problem with playing this team in ODIs. I just find it strange and surprising that the management feel the need to have that extra "batsman" at the expense of a bowling all-rounder in Tests.

Definitely missing Sir Jadeja. Any news on how his injury/recovery is coming along ? Although coming back from a shoulder injury, I wonder how effective he will be if he is drafted in without a lot of match practice.

IFF Jadeja doesn't make it to the world cup squad, then I wouldn't be averse to Yuvraj being called onboard. He would almost be a like to like replacement now that he has struck form (600+ runs in 6 games with 3 centuries and a half, Has also bowled around 30-35 overs over 4 games and picked 4 wickets.)

Here is the interesting bit. I was at a gathering of friends and their friends, and their friends' friends in Delhi, and if anyone knows the Delhi then basically everyone you meet, his father is someone important or some big shot.

Well the reason why I mention this is that one of the guys at the gathering, who I don't know particularly well, was speaking to another friend of his, and this friend of his happens to be the son of a well known politician. Who, I have no idea, I just heard the info and am typing it here.

Anyone what he told us was that Jadeja has been ruled out of the world cup squad through injury, and Yuvi has indeed been called up to the side as a replacement, and the announcement will be made in a few days. It is all heresay and I have no first hand knowledge, needless to say. However from the reaction of those around him, they seemed to believe what he was saying.

@PokerAce - that's very interesting. Having partly grown up in Delhi, I would take the words with a pinch of salt :P But I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

@PokerAce - that's very interesting. Having partly grown up in Delhi, I would take the words with a pinch of salt :P But I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

Lol, yeah I know ... I did give a long explanation of how I got the info, and that I have no first hand knowledge of the thing :P

Honestly though I would welcome Yuvi into the fold. If he is back in form and fit, India have a great weapon at their disposal.

Here is the interesting bit. I was at a gathering of friends and their friends, and their friends' friends in Delhi, and if anyone knows the Delhi then basically everyone you meet, his father is someone important or some big shot.

Well the reason why I mention this is that one of the guys at the gathering, who I don't know particularly well, was speaking to another friend of his, and this friend of his happens to be the son of a well known politician. Who, I have no idea, I just heard the info and am typing it here.

Anyone what he told us was that Jadeja has been ruled out of the world cup squad through injury, and Yuvi has indeed been called up to the side as a replacement, and the announcement will be made in a few days. It is all heresay and I have no first hand knowledge, needless to say. However from the reaction of those around him, they seemed to believe what he was saying.

Taking it with a very heavy pinch of salt...:D

But if this happens, it would certainly be a very good thing to happen. Yuvraj is a big tournament guy. And now that he has proved his form in domestic cricket with big scores, having him for a tournament like the WC would be a big boon for India. The selection (if it happens) wont just be on reputation/nostalgic grounds, but based on form (with the reputation/nostalgia being a very pleasant bonus). Yuvraj with his bowling/batting would lend that balance to the team where you can have 5 bowlers and yet have 7 batsmen.

What about Axar being preferred over Ash?
Is it just for testing him or will Dhoni prefer him above Ash in WC too?

Steve Finn is on fire!

Good that India dont play any of their games in Brisbane (at the Gabba). They have two games at Perth out of which one is against UAE. If they can come out unscathed vs West Indies at Perth during the WC, the rest of the games vs the big teams would be either at MCG or Sydney. The NZ games are vs Ireland and Zimbabwe and barring miracles (which I know happens frequently in WC's), India should be home.

Rahane's worth is just huge on wickets that are helpful for the bowlers. This guy is a serious talent. I have all hopes in him to be a test legend. To me, he seems to be the next Dravid. Kohli seems to be worrying when there is movement in the air. He flopped in the recent Brisbane test too (all his good scores came in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney on the flattest of batting pitches with no movement at all). He still hasn't completely shown that he can stick it out in bowler friendly conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread