India-England-Australia Tri-series - January 2015

Who will win the Carlton Mid Tri-Series ?

• India

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • England

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Can't Say Anything

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was good to see Rohit getting runs outside the subcontinent. He is a delight to watch when he is in full flow. Especially that 1 six against Cummins at the start of the inning and one against Faulkner was unbelievable. Starc was bowling absolute rockets but he looked in no trouble at all against him. We were never going to win with anything less then 300 because of our bowling. I can't blame Akshar too much because he is playing outside of india for the first time and to come up against Mitch Starc is a nightmare. Australia is too strong ATM, so they are going to win the tri-series. It will be interesting to see how we bowl against England on Tuesday.
It is fixed that Australia will surely reach finals but the second place is not that sure

Wow, we actually went with 5 bowlers in the first ODI but couldnt be bothered with it in Tests :| Very strange

Warner fined over Rohit spat | Cricket News | Carlton Mid ODI Tri-Series | ESPN Cricinfo

A few of the boys said something to him and when I went over to say something he sort of said something in their language and I said 'speak English', because if you're going to say something for me to understand theoretically, I cannot speak Hindi.

"So I did the polite thing and asked him to speak English, therefore he did, and I can't repeat what he said.

This guy Warner is such an idiot! First of all it was none of his business to walk up to Rohit and secondly I certainly cant see Warner being polite on the cricket field against an opponent, should have been given a couple matches suspension.

The ICC must crack down on this hooliganism there is absolutely no place in the sport for disruptive behaviour from guys like Starc, Warner, Dhawan or Pujara in this game. This is not banter but pure hooliganism we continue to witness from mostly the Aussies and even the Indian players of late.

Warner fined over Rohit spat | Cricket News | Carlton Mid ODI Tri-Series | ESPN Cricinfo

This guy Warner is such an idiot! First of all it was none of his business to walk up to Rohit and secondly I certainly cant see Warner being polite on the cricket field against an opponent, should have been given a couple matches suspension.

The ICC must crack down on this hooliganism there is absolutely no place in the sport for disruptive behaviour from guys like Starc, Warner, Dhawan or Pujara in this game. This is not banter but pure hooliganism we continue to witness from mostly the Aussies and even the Indian players of late.

Pujara?? What on the world are you talking about?

I like Axar as a bowler, but I am not convinced he should bat ahead of Ashwin and Bhuvi.

Md. Shami was injured, and Ishant out, so thats a great opportunity to try Binny. The forecast for tomorrow on Cricinfo says rain, and Binny should be able to exploit the conditions.

Dhawan getting out was a bit of a problem, but honestly I think he has enough in his tank to carry himself through to the ODIs. I liked the idea of Rahane being sent in early, as India are still trying to see their best openers slot. There is no denying that Rahane/Dhawan, have by far been the most successful opening partnership for India. Rohit getting a 100 though sort of puts this issue on the backburner for now.

I think this is the team for tomorrow

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rahane
Raine
MSD
Binny
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Axar
Yadav

Good line up, batting till #10, and with 3 spinners should have enough for the English side. I do see the sense in the inclusion of Binny now, and if he can fire, then the side starts to look lethal. Even if he doesn't then Ishant/Shami come in his place, and we still have batting upto Axar, and then Yadav and Shami. Its a good side. As long as wickets are not lost in a heap, early on, India should do well.

Definitely missing Sir Jadeja. Any news on how his injury/recovery is coming along ? Although coming back from a shoulder injury, I wonder how effective he will be if he is drafted in without a lot of match practice.

IFF Jadeja doesn't make it to the world cup squad, then I wouldn't be averse to Yuvraj being called onboard. He would almost be a like to like replacement now that he has struck form (600+ runs in 6 games with 3 centuries and a half, Has also bowled around 30-35 overs over 4 games and picked 4 wickets.)

I think we should try Binny for Axar tomorrow.There is no point selecting him for the World Cup ahead of good batsman like Vijay if he is not to be tried.However in all possibilities he would play tomorrow.And looking at how Rahane failed to seize the opportunity he got against Australia I think it would be Dhawan who would be opening with Rohit.

Is Anderson back for tommorrow's match?
Well if he is , then there will be another entertaining competiton for Indian top order especially Kohli on a cloudy Australian day.

Cant write off Dhawan just yet in ODIs. As someone had pointed out earlier (PokerAce i think), he did show good form in the ODI series in England. And then 3 50+ scores against SL. So I think he should be persisted with even though he looked completely lost against Starc in the previous ODI

People moaning at Warner for talking to the batsman when he's supposed to be in his fielding position...? A little hypocritical I'd have thought personally.

Last edited:
Is Anderson back for tommorrow's match?
Well if he is , then there will be another entertaining competiton for Indian top order especially Kohli on a cloudy Australian day.

Make a group of batsmen or a batting order to play in all the worse situations(cloudy weather, aussie pitch and deadly swing bowler) and then that's entertaining for you? :eek: I'll rather wsay Kohli should not play the match and should be having a fine shopping from malls of Brisbane if that only bowler you want him to face would be Anderson.

Users who are viewing this thread