Yuvraj
Laxman
Dhoni
Kumble
Pathan
Zaheer
Harbhajan
RP Singh

Looks like a good team to me. I think it would be a good idea for Dravid to open so Yuvraj can slot into the middle order. It would also be a good idea to play the 5 bowlers and its handy to have Pathan who is an allrounder so a team like this would be good for India. I would think about Itshant Sharma as well if India don't want to play the two spinners.

We are talking of a battle between the Two powerhouses of International Cricket.
4-0 either ways is also possible.

But,i belive a 2-0 or a 2-1 in favor of India will be the final result.

Oh yeah,and welcome to Planetcricket.

Haven`t seen you in such high spirits before an away tour for sometime ! It has really lifted my hopes.

2-0 in India`s side is very unlikely. If we win it`ll most probably be 1-0.
Even 2-1 does not look likely as I cannot see us taking 20 wickets more than once in this series.
We will miss Sreesanth in this trip. Our chances of taking 20 wickets would have gone up a few notches had he played. I have a feeling that Agarkar might just be on his way to Australia for the Perth test.

Our batting has to fire everytime if we are to draw/win this series.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !

We`re just about 30hrs away from the first ball of the Boxing Day Test !

Last edited:
Haven`t seen you in such high spirits before an away tour for sometime ! It has really lifted my hopes.

2-0 in India`s side is very unlikely. If we win it`ll most probably be 1-0.
Even 2-1 does not look likely as I cannot see us taking 20 wickets more than once in this series.
We will miss Sreesanth in this trip. Our chances of taking 20 wickets would have gone up a few notches had he played. I have a feeling that Agarkar might just be on his way to Australia for the Perth test.

Our batting has to fire everytime if we are to draw/win this series.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !

We`re just about 30hrs away from the first ball of the Boxing Day Test !

Yup,thats true....

I'm looking forward to this series more than any other.
As you said,we shall miss Sree.
If our bowlers do badly,Ajit would definately be there.
Last series in Aus,Ajit was the second highest wicket taker...

Anyways,Merry Christmas to all !

I just want to go to sleep and wake up 29 hours from now!

Yeah, I'm really excited, not just the fact that its Christmas - Its the fact that I get to stay up all night watching the Test (even though I'll probably fall asleep after the toss :p ), C'mon India!, round of a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to on and all!

ya cant wait for the series to get underway.....i think ishant has a chance of playing coiz india might not go in with three left armers.

We are talking of a battle between the Two powerhouses of International Cricket. 4-0 either ways is also possible.

But,i belive a 2-0 or a 2-1 in favor of India will be the final result.

4-0 in favor of India with Perth as a venue is utterly impossible. Anyways, I agree that its a battle between two powerhouses and a victory in the series for either side is possible.

Hope India wins. That would be fantastic for other cricketing nations too as it would crack the 'Aussie code' and it would be a matter of pride that India played a hand at it.

Yeah, I'm really excited, not just the fact that its Christmas - Its the fact that I get to stay up all night watching the Test (even though I'll probably fall asleep after the toss :p ), C'mon India!, round of a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to on and all!

Thank god these Aussie tests start at 6:30pm in the evening for me and end at 2pm in the midnight (my regular sleep time). The recent India-Pakistan series was a nightmare for me in terms of sleep and it took a long long time for me to get out of that jet lag type sleep timings. I have decided not to sit through a whole night to watch any match like that.

Last edited:
India Pak was pretty boring as well. I hope this one will be exciting-meaning we don't give up without a fight.

My Lineup

Jaffer
Dravid
Sachin
Sourav
Yuvraj
Laxman
Dhoni
Kumble
Pathan
Zaheer
RP Singh

That's probably going to be the batting line up, except Pathan will bat above Kumble for sure :p

But man, that's such a scary batting line-up on paper, especially from Dravid - Dhoni. I don't think anyone would like to bowl against that if they actually perform.

Anyway, Australia has just as good of a batting line up, and a better bowling/fielding attack, so hopefully, it will be a good series.

I have to applaud the optimism you Indian fans possess but as much as I would like to see Australia get beat for a change, I don't see it happening at all. 3 or 4 nil to Australia in my books.

Seeing Dravid open just isn't my cup of tea. He doesn't have the best record opening and I have even read in biographies that he too talks about his feelings against coming in at no wickets down.
I'd even play Sehwag as an opener (who I really don't like) rather then Dravid. I say Yuvraj just has to sit out or it's Dhoni. Karthik just came off a fifty, and has proven to be a better batsman in seamer friendly conditions. He played the series' of his life in South Africa and England, and hit a 90-Odd the last time India toured Australia.

To be honest, I've never liked Harbhajan, ever.

But, Sree really is not arrogant, he is actually a good guy, he just gets little pumped. If he can find some way of controlling himself if he takes a wicket, he'll be fine.

Same feelings here.
Before the World Cup in South Africa, I thought Harbajan was a gutless loser with that scared expression he always possessed. Somewhere during these years he's had a total change of attitude and become a rude, arrogant, loser. Sreesanth is a nice guy. He just gets lost in the moment, like someone said.

I don't see why all these people are complaining about Sree's attitude. If any other bowler does it, it's "confidence" or something. But If Sreesanth does it, it's a disgrace.

And since when have Indian fast bowlers possessed a killer instinct? This is how a fast bowler should act. He should be aggressive, he should go verbal with the batsman, he should make life tough for him. No other Indian fast bowler has this approach to bowling, and it's nice to see someone doing it.

Murali Karthik is the third choice atm. Chawla looked good too. I hope he isn't overlooked. The heirarchy as it stands is :
Kumble
H.Singh
M.Karthik
Powar
Chawla

or very similar to that anyway. India have got depth in the spin department, it seems. Any one of those is very capable internationally.

Kumble
Chawla
Karthik
Harbajan
Pawar

That's mine.

Kumble-Legend. Needs no explanation
Chawla- He's a different kind of leg spinner. He's crafty, he flights it, and he's got a good googly. I have high hopes for the young lad.
Karthik- A rare breed of left arm spinner. I love his variations and where he pitches the ball. He constantly gets overlooked after good performances, dropped after brilliant figures. Unlucky.
Harbajan-Used to be good, but he's lost his flight and variation. Not a fan.
Pawar-He's a better bowler then Harbajan in my books, he's just not as athletic. His fielding and simply his movement put him down, he is really number four.

Last edited:
This is what I would pick for Aus

Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Gilchrist
Hogg
Lee
Clark
Johnson

When looking at it on paper it really is an awesome batting team. It bats down to 9 and the top 7 are all right from the top drawer in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing Australia bowl without McGrath and Warne for the first time (I missed the Lanka series). Johnson looked very sound in the WC and Hogg continues to impress in the OD form.

Actually bats down to 10 :) Johnson should be 10 he is a handy batter has a few FC 50s. Clark is hit and miss.

It seems at the MCG there won't be a fast pitch. I would like to see in one Test four fast bowlers being played, just to see how India handles them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread