India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I've never liked Harbhajan, ever.

But, Sree really is not arrogant, he is actually a good guy, he just gets little pumped. If he can find some way of controlling himself if he takes a wicket, he'll be fine.

Yeah IMO Murali Kartik is better than him, even Powar, I reckon Powar would be in the side if hee wasn't such Roly-Poly...

This is what I would pick for Aus

Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Gilchrist
Hogg
Lee
Clark
Johnson

When looking at it on paper it really is an awesome batting team. It bats down to 9 and the top 7 are all right from the top drawer in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing Australia bowl without McGrath and Warne for the first time (I missed the Lanka series). Johnson looked very sound in the WC and Hogg continues to impress in the OD form.

India

Jaffer
Karthik
Dravid
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Laxman
Dhoni
Pathan
Kumble
Zaheer
RP Singh

In my opinion you should stick with Karthik because he really impressed in difficult English conditions earlier this year but unfortunately that means Yuvi must sit out. Pathan and Kumble provides depth and Zaheer moved up in my mind after his swinging performances in England.

Overall two very good teams. Let the battle commence.

I don't think that that is true.

Sometimes I think Bhajji can be too desfensive, just bowling darts at the batsmens pads, whereas Powar tosses it up and invites the batsmen for the big one, and about 3/5 Powar succeeds...

Sometimes I think Bhajji can be too desfensive, just bowling darts at the batsmens pads, whereas Powar tosses it up and invites the batsmen for the big one, and about 3/5 Powar succeeds...

Bhajji is not that defensive in Test matches. A strike rate of 64.8 is not great, but it cannot be classified as defensive. He is a good back up for Kumble and does well to attack, whilst keeping things quite tight. We all know that on his day, he is a potent wicket taker too.

I agree with that but if he can toss it up Harbhajan can be a threat as we've seen in the past. Powar is a good bowler as well though. India have got a decision regarding the second spinner.

Murali Karthik is the third choice atm. Chawla looked good too. I hope he isn't overlooked. The heirarchy as it stands is :
Kumble
H.Singh
M.Karthik
Powar
Chawla

or very similar to that anyway. India have got depth in the spin department, it seems. Any one of those is very capable internationally.

My current order of preference for the spinners is as follows :
Kumble
Karthik
Chawla
H'Bhajan
Powar

Another thing,Powar will get smacked as he would keep tossing the ball up to the Aussies.

Another thing,Powar will get smacked as he would keep tossing the ball up to the Aussies.

Not if he varies his pace. I think that is the easy for finger spinners in Australia. They have to vary there pace and keep the batsmen quessing like a wrist spinner would use his variations.

Indian lineup for me:
Jaffar
Yuvraj
Dravid
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Laxman
Dhoni
Kumble
Zaheer
RP Singh
Ishant Sharma

Yes, Yuvraj should open. He is hungry to play test cricket and will definitely get runs. Everyone in the above lineup deserves their place. I can't find a place for Sehwag.

Jaffar: Is in great touch. Can't be dropped now.
Yuvraj: Impossible to keep him out given his performances this year.
Dravid: No other replacement for this guy, India needs him.
Tendulkar: No need to speak (write) about him. + He is in sublime touch.
Ganguly: Loads of runs this year. Determined to succeed. His medium pace can come handy.
Laxman: Good record against Australia, is in good touch.
Dhoni: Wicket Keeper, can bat pretty well, Vice Captain, brings in an X-Factor.
Kumble: Captain, best spinner India has, can bat a bit.
RP Singh: Vastly improved bowler. Deserves a chance.
Ishant Sharma: Tall, gets good bounce, pretty good pace.

Why others miss out:
Sehwag: Not in good form. Too risky to play him as an opener. Can't accommodate in the middle order.
Karthik: Lacks confidence and form.
Pathan: Hasn't found his old swing, won't be able to trouble great batsmen in tests.
Harbhajan: Can't play two spinners in Australia. No place for him.

Plan B: Play Sehwag instead of Jaffar. Dravid will open instead of Yuvraj and Yuvraj will play in the middle order.

hey dude australi is gonna win 4-0 cuz india is isnt that much much strong to stand against the powerhouse

hey dude australi is gonna win 4-0 cuz india is isnt that much much strong to stand against the powerhouse

We are talking of a battle between the Two powerhouses of International Cricket.
4-0 either ways is also possible.

But,i belive a 2-0 or a 2-1 in favor of India will be the final result.

Oh yeah,and welcome to Planetcricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread