India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need more saying why Tait should be left out for Hogg who has an awful FC bowling record in Australia which is where the Tests are being played.

Yes I agree that Tait has been impressive but his fitness is shocking. Every time it looks like the selectors might pick him he gets an injury playing for South Australia. Test Cricket lasts 5 days, you need endurance for that.

Virender will be slaughtered if he opens the batting. Mark my words.

This is what everyone said last time also. He was our top 3 batter then in the series behind Dravid and Laxman.

Yes I agree that Tait has been impressive but his fitness is shocking. Every time it looks like the selectors might pick him he gets an injury playing for South Australia. Test Cricket lasts 5 days, you need endurance for that.
He can be unlucky, but he hasn't really had a lot of injuries, just a couple that have gotten a bit long-term. If his elbow didn't get infected after surgery, perhaps Johnson might not have even been in the mix.

For India, I'd go with:

Wasim Jaffer
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Sourav Ganguly
VVS Laxman
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk.)
Anil Kumble (capt.)
Zaheer Khan (1)
Pankaj Singh (2)
RP Singh

Thats exactly what I was thinking after seeing the lineup in that practice game.. Its a bigger gamble to open with Dravid than going with Viru. But I really feel pity to leave Yuvi out too.

Its going to be interesting what the final XI will be .. Its definitely a choice between Viru and Yuvi since Karthik is down with confidence level after our home series against Pakistan.

If Warne & Murali get hammered bowling in Australian conditions against batsman who are quality against spin then what logic do you see in playing Brad Hogg?!

You'd be better off using part-time spinners like Symonds & Clarke (see what Vaughan did to Tendulkar once, ;))

I'm afraid you'll just have to put up with that. His action puts a lot of strain on specific parts of his body, he's bound to get a lot of injuries, it'll just take time to see how he manages to cope with them in the long term, and how he recovers between.

It is ridiculous to say that using Clarke and Symonds is an advantage. They would generally go for more runs if asked to bowl an actual spinner's share. That element is superfluous so long as plan A, the main four strike bowlers, is functioning.

At this point whatever attack is fielded will be full of unknown quantities. However, the question of pace is going to keep popping in, so it really means that eventually they are going to need to try it to see if it works.

It sound a good idea to me especially at Perth on the quick bouncey wicket there. Lee, Clark, Johnson and Tait, 3 of which can bowl fast and trouble the batsmen. I would definitely include the 4 pace men then Brad Hogg.

Is it raining consistently in Melbourne?, if so, I will not bother staying up the whole night...Are the conditions that bad that days could be washed out?

Anyway here is my starting lineup for Melbourne (If there is play) :

1) Wasim Jafffer
2) Rahul Dravid
3) Sachin Tendulkar
4) Sourav Ganguly
5) VVS Laxman
6) Yuvraj Singh
7) Mahendra Dhoni +
8) Anil Kumble C
9) Zaheer Khan (OB1)
10) RP Singh
11) Ishant Sharma (OB2)

The reason why I'm not picking Pankaj Singh, is because you can't just throw a young player in on his debut against Australia in a match that is vital in India's chances of winning the series. The reason I'm not picking Irfan Patha because his new ball bowling abulities don't seem to be that deadly anymore and I havent picked Virender Sehwag because all the batsmen in my team have fully deserved their place in the team and you can't just put Sehwag in there just out of the blue....

Yahoo weather says that it won't rain at all this week in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread