India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No thank you.
He looked no where near a fast bowler during Pakistan Series.
I'd rather pick Ajit Agarkar.Infact,the BCCI have asked Ajit and Sree to be on standby for Perth.

I have read both, Indian and Australian sources (I will find them if you must read them, but can't be bothered right now) that Munaf Patel has been called to appear in Australia asap but the BCCI cannot track him down.

If Agarkar gets picked, over the dozens who have performed better in domestic cricket (even for Mumbai), it will be the biggest joke of all.

What a shocking day after a terrific first day??? I felt Dravid let the team down badly with his horrible overcautious approach. Being a veteran, he must have known that playing out balls against Australia wont work because they rarely bowl bad balls. He should have at least tried to pinch singles and rotate the strike. 5 off 66 balls is PATHETIC!

Sachin showed how to play on this pitch. It was vintage Tendulkar. Especially when he handled Hogg similar to how he handled Warne in the 90's, it was a sight to behold. Sad he got out to a ball that kept low.

India might now be thinking of saving this game which is way way long off. They got to be positive, bowl out Australia as soon as possible, and look for a target of no more than 350. But its easier said than done. This test will show how strong this Indian team is mentally. I expect a better show from Dravid and the batters in the second essay.

Dont write them off in the series yet. 4-0??? NO WAY AT ALL!!!! We are not that bad!

If Agarkar gets picked, over the dozens who have performed better in domestic cricket (even for Mumbai), it will be the biggest joke of all.

So what? He has done well in Australia, and you cant throw in a raw player from domestic cricket into the middle of the toughest of all "Aussie tour".

Last edited:
So what? He has done well in Australia, and you cant throw in a raw player from domestic cricket into the middle of the toughest of all "Aussie tour".

Nor can you throw someone with an average of 46.54 this FC season into 'the toughtest of all "Aussie tour".

What a shame for the neutral. If Indid got a score and possibly broken even with what the Aussie's had got it would have been such a good couple of days ahead of us. Now I fully expect the Australians to rack up about 300 odd and lead by 400-450, batting comfortable on a track thats getting better for the batsmen.

Jaffer again showed what a frustrating player he is. He has all the talent in the world and the raw materials but massively lacks the brain and the desire to be a top class player. I hope for India's sake in the long run he has a bad series so they can get in Bandrinath, who seems far, far too good not to be in the side but has been incredibly unlucky with selections.

It was a big gamble opening with Dravid, and as much as he said he didn't mind in the media, it really didn't look like he wanted to be out there opening. His body language was awful, he didn't seem confident and he just looked dreadful. I've never seen him so out of form. Big shame as he's a massive trump card in Australia. Perhaps a move down the order would help him?

Laxman looked like he stuck around and lookd good before he got out. Signs of promise, hopefully he can kick on and be a thorn in the Australians side throughout this series. I love watching him bat and he was playing very fluently. Needs to get in the nets against some short quick stuff though.

Tendulkar looked in sublime form. He's going to be the major run provider in the series I feel, for India. Can't really say much other than he really did look good.

Ganguly - Pretty much the same as Sachin. These two are going to be huge for the next tests.

Yuvraj - The young, in form strokemaker. Really missed out. Could have been a great chance to totally cement himself. He leaves himself a little vunerable now, considering the whole side has totally lost its composure and balance to fit him in. Lots of pressure on him in the second dig.

Dhoni - I can't say I saw him bat, but his runs down at 7 will be important. Either cementing a good score or aiding a recovery. Big series for him I feel.

I won't say anything about the bowlers batting because it's essentially irrelevant.

Lee again spearheaded the newish Australian attack very, very well. He's going to be the big bowler in the series in my opinion. Troubled the Indians a lot.

Didnt see much of Johnson, but purely on figures he's clearly bowled well. Likewise with Clark.

Hogg went for a few runs, but he always does. Goes for runs but takes wickets, a decent start on a pitch not amazing suited towards him against great players of spin.

Oh shut it. I was away for a 3 hour period all so. It was a joke.

And be quiet. You had a good day yesterday and while you may not have been involved, about 5 indian fans along with about 2 english fans were on this very thread trying to be funny, making cracks at ponting, hussey and all the hype around australia..

Then they go out and make less than 200 and when we give it back in a very, very minor way you say WAIT TILL WE HAVE A GOOD DAY YOU'LL COP IT BACK BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Minor? You've been downright racist!

There are 3 days left. With 2 days to play and 400 to chase, I say game on.

Last edited:
Bad day for India. Let us hope that they will come back tomorrow. First 4 hours of tomorrow is very important. If india wants to strike back they must do that in these 4 hours. Or else the Aussies will go on tightening the screws.
Let us think positive and hope for he best

CHAK DE "TEAM INDIA"!!

What a shame for the neutral. If Indid got a score and possibly broken even with what the Aussie's had got it would have been such a good couple of days ahead of us. Now I fully expect the Australians to rack up about 300 odd and lead by 400-450, batting comfortable on a track thats getting better for the batsmen.

Jaffer again showed what a frustrating player he is. He has all the talent in the world and the raw materials but massively lacks the brain and the desire to be a top class player. I hope for India's sake in the long run he has a bad series so they can get in Bandrinath, who seems far, far too good not to be in the side but has been incredibly unlucky with selections.

It was a big gamble opening with Dravid, and as much as he said he didn't mind in the media, it really didn't look like he wanted to be out there opening. His body language was awful, he didn't seem confident and he just looked dreadful. I've never seen him so out of form. Big shame as he's a massive trump card in Australia. Perhaps a move down the order would help him?

Laxman looked like he stuck around and lookd good before he got out. Signs of promise, hopefully he can kick on and be a thorn in the Australians side throughout this series. I love watching him bat and he was playing very fluently. Needs to get in the nets against some short quick stuff though.

Tendulkar looked in sublime form. He's going to be the major run provider in the series I feel, for India. Can't really say much other than he really did look good.

Ganguly - Pretty much the same as Sachin. These two are going to be huge for the next tests.

Yuvraj - The young, in form strokemaker. Really missed out. Could have been a great chance to totally cement himself. He leaves himself a little vunerable now, considering the whole side has totally lost its composure and balance to fit him in. Lots of pressure on him in the second dig.

Dhoni - I can't say I saw him bat, but his runs down at 7 will be important. Either cementing a good score or aiding a recovery. Big series for him I feel.

I won't say anything about the bowlers batting because it's essentially irrelevant.

Lee again spearheaded the newish Australian attack very, very well. He's going to be the big bowler in the series in my opinion. Troubled the Indians a lot.

Didnt see much of Johnson, but purely on figures he's clearly bowled well. Likewise with Clark.

Hogg went for a few runs, but he always does. Goes for runs but takes wickets, a decent start on a pitch not amazing suited towards him against great players of spin.

A good unbiased post there ! Reps for you.

I think in the second innings they should send Laxman in to open along side Jaffer, just to see how Dravid plays after the openers have the shine off the new ball. I feel this may give Dravid a bit of freedom to play his shots. Laxman is fairly sold in his defence and he can get the scoreboard moving so it might ease the pressure on Jaffer as well and therefore it might work (I know I'm being optomisitc here)

PS, don't come down on me like a ton of bricks if you think this is a rubbish idea because I am only trying to be optomistic, but please do feel to post your views on this idea.

Last edited:
I think in the second innings they should send Laxman in to open along side Jaffer, just to see how Dravid plays after the openers have the shine off the new ball. I feel this may give Dravid a bit of freedom to play his shots. Laxman is fairly sold in his defence and he can get the scoreboard moving so it might ease the pressure on Jaffer as well and therefore it might work (I know I'm being optomisitc here)

PS, don't come down on me like a ton of bricks if you think this is a rubbish idea because I am only trying to be optomistic, but please do feel to post your views on this idea.

That was something I actually thought about. Only for this game though. We should see Sehwag coming in to bat along with Jaffer at the SCG.

+ Something offtopic, the PlanetCricket India Skin looks great, so do the other skins.
Maybe , a change of skin would bring in some change of luck for India.
Also notice my changed avatar, back to the Tri-colour now !

Last edited:
That was something I actually thought about. Only for this game though. We should see Sehwag coming in to bat along with Jaffer at the SCG.

One problem, who to take out? Most probably Yuvraj.

One problem, who to take out? Most probably Yuvraj.

Obviously, Yuvraj.
Iam not against him. He is a wonderful talent, but must not be played at the expense of the side`s balance.

Obviously, Yuvraj.
Iam not against him. He is a wonderful talent, but must not be played at the expense of the side`s balance.

If he does play (Sehwag), we will just have to hope he gets us off to a flier to sort out our opening woes...

billy bowdens umpiring is so bad
where is aleem dar right now anyway?

i think the best umpires should be available for the high profile matches and with taufel being not available i think aleem dar has to be there

Why isnt Taufel availble? He did umpire Indias last series, Aleem Dar was Umpiring England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread