India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, Dravid should be dropped for the Sydney Test Match. India should play an extra seamer. Where is Irfan Pathan??

Ok well the BCCI do
It's not only the BCCI. If you go back to before the match started, you will see plenty of Indian fans include Yuvraj at the expense of destroying the team balance, because of his "good form". He has been performing in Twenty20's and ODI's--not Tests. He scored a 160 on a pitch and against an opposition where Ganguly got a double and Irfan Pathan got a century!

Personally, Dravid should be dropped for the Sydney Test Match. India should play an extra seamer. Where is Irfan Pathan??
Didn't you hear that "form" and not the conditions is what India are using to pick the XI these days? That was sarcasm, by the way, because the Indian selectors are so vile.

Last edited:
I didnt mean just the BCCi, but the BCCI are backing the idea of having him in the team

I didnt mean just the BCCi, but the BCCI are backing the idea of having him in the team
Well he should definitely be around the team but I don't know if we should sacrifice everything else in our batting just to integrate him. Yuvraj is a middle order batsman and he is being shoved into the team at the expense of an opener. It just really makes me question if these people have yet figured out some of the simplest aspects of test cricket.

Clark and Lee doing a great job leading our bowling attack. Johnson economical at least, Hogg alright. Good start by our openers in the 2nd dig, would love to see Jaques get the double 100 here and make it 100,150,200 in a row.

In Melbourne, playing as a reserve fielder. Three left arm seamers is a mistake. RP Singh and Zaheer Khan are different bowlers but add Pathan to the mix and the Australian's with settle into a rhythm against left arm bowling and aclimatise easily.

If India play a third seamer, it should be Munaf Patel (who has been called by the BCCI, to arrive in Australia - possibly before the second Test, certainly by the third) who has the attribute of being a right arm bowler with experience at Test level and the ability to crank it up to 140kph. I think he will thrive on Australian pitches which even at their worst, help the pace bowlers extract lateral movement and bounce.

Clark and Lee doing a great job leading our bowling attack. Johnson economical at least, Hogg alright. Good start by our openers in the 2nd dig, would love to see Jaques get the double 100 here and make it 100,150,200 in a row.

It seems that only the little master can stop the new look Australian attack.

Last edited:
Why is everyone blaming Dravid? MS Dhoni, Wasim Jaffer......they all are to blame. Ganguly, Sachin, Kumble...they at least tried
But the others just came to the crease and went back within one second.

bad day for india. looks like it will be 1-0 to ustralia even though anything can happen. indias openers were very poor. they made lee and johson settle so quick an dmust of made the indian dressing room think its impossible to bat. i understand you have to repsect the good balls but if its a bad ball and you are getting so many good balls you have to take advantage of it. hopefully india can bat with pride in the 2nd innings. it looks like its going to be a long day in the field tomorrow but anything can happen. tendul;kar batted wonderfull. aussies are a world class team and india had a chance after the first days play but just did not take advantage and because of that its going to be a long test. you cant blame dhoni and yuvraj everyone gets out early sometimes, also jaffer and dravid you cant blame them its just they were looking like they were happy to see of 15 overs even if they managed a single run and thats not the way to go.

I state with confidence and not arrogance that we`ll do better than what England did last year.

Of course, you'll loose 4-0 instead of 5-0 :p

Todays play was damn good from an Australian perspective but the performances of Hogg and to an extent Johnson were a little underwhelming. Johnson needs to get that inswing to the right hander happening again and Hoggy just needs to settle and trust his insticts (and his captain's field placements). To be fair, the class of Tendulkar is a pretty tough prospect to bowl at.

Hopefully Jaques and Hayden will push on and by the end of tomorrow Aus will have a lead of about 450 (which requires only about 270 more runs) or even 500.

Why is everyone blaming Dravid? MS Dhoni, Wasim Jaffer......they all are to blame. Ganguly, Sachin, Kumble...they at least tried
But the others just came to the crease and went back within one second.

Im not blaming him i am jus wondering why you put Dravid in at Opener when you have Tendulkar and Ganguly

Well Australia are gonna win this by the fourth day in my opinion, no point in being optomistic now about this match, I've even cancelled my Sky Sports because I can't bear to watch The Aussies stamp over India every single time....

IMO, Jaffer played a lazy shot - just wafting outside the offstump. Dravid put himself under too much pressure by not taking singles. Dhoni and Yuvraj - were done by goos balls. Kumble - at least tried...

dont get too excited by 4-0 there is still a long way to go.

I don't think either opener is one of their best or most ideal and as anyone will tell you, a strong top order has a massive positive effect on the middle order. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have a positive player; when you pair off two stodgers you just get 10 runs in ten overs.

The selectors need to make the big call and drop a great player in the name of a better team.

The selectors need to make the big call and drop a great player in the name of a better team.

Who, Dravid? If anyone should be dropped, it should be Yuvraj in favour of an opener, whether it be Sehwag or Karthik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread