India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ fair enough Feelin Blue. I just feel B Lee has been blown out of proportions. He's certainly the spear head but i feel he gets more attention when it is a collective effort.

But bloody hell. India need that fifth bowler and the proper openning players. Kartik and Jaffer bat well together. I've been against Dravid openning. Though i wouldn't count India out yet. They went in without a warm up match so i'm sure their batting will get better. I still think Irfan needs a spot. And no. Yuvraj needs to stay. Give him the next innings and the next match. I'm sure he'll perform.

I think you are spot on karnog.
India should have had atleast a couple of practice games before Melbourne.
You could clearly see that they were very uncomfortable.
Secondly,what was Rahul Dravid doing ?

I mean,Kumble could have done a much better job as an opener.

Rest,the umpiring has been poor for Bowden,though Benson on the other hand has been really good.

yep no point playing hogg the job he did can be done just as well by m.clarke and symonds.

We dont have any good spin bowlers in australia so no point playing them just coz there the best of what we have.

Go with our strength an use 4 quicks.
They all have different styles so its not like we have to worry about no variaion.
Then when we need spin turn to clarke an symo
I disagree with that statement. We do have good young spinners, it's just that we chose to overlook giving them a chance and instead we gave it to the man of the minute, Hogg, a shortsighted and ill thought out decision in my book that was proved today.

If anyone can think of any reason that Ponting left him in the attack for so long, I'd be amazed.

Umpiring was poor both ways today, Bowden in particular. Certainly Harbhajan looked plumb earlier, and according to SEN, one of the decisions against India was incorrect as well.

So far so good as far as my predictions go, with the exception of Johnson, but I said that Lee and Clark would do well and they did, and I said that India would struggle and Australia would come back and they did.

I think you are spot on karnog.
India should have had atleast a couple of practice games before Melbourne.
You could clearly see that they were very uncomfortable.
Secondly,what was Rahul Dravid doing ?

I mean,Kumble could have done a much better job as an opener.

Rest,the umpiring has been poor for Bowden,though Benson on the other hand has been really good.
Dravid obviously has no idea what to do as an opener. Anyone who scores 5 runs in one and a half hours is obviously uncomfortable. His mentality was just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Dravid obviously has no idea what to do as an opener. Anyone who scores 5 runs in one and a half hours is obviously uncomfortable. His mentality was just ridiculous.

I dont understand the point of taking a strong and regualr opener[Sehwag] if you are not going to play him.

Dravid has of late had a very poor run.Maybe the manegemnt can think of dropping him for Sydney.

Do you realize that people have other work to do than to just post in the forums.
Wait till we have good days in this series.You`ll cop it back with compound interest.

Oh shut it. I was away for a 3 hour period all so. It was a joke.

And be quiet. You had a good day yesterday and while you may not have been involved, about 5 indian fans along with about 2 english fans were on this very thread trying to be funny, making cracks at ponting, hussey and all the hype around australia..

Then they go out and make less than 200 and when we give it back in a very, very minor way you say WAIT TILL WE HAVE A GOOD DAY YOU'LL COP IT BACK BLAH BLAH BLAH.

hogg is the def the best of the few spinners we have.

none of the young guys in the state teams are good enough dan cullen is sposed to be our best but hes useless

How old are the domestic spinners? Is it possible that the spin bowlers are merely inexperienced youths and need more time in the domestic cricket to evolve. For a while Australia lamented on the lack of an all-rounder hence vying for that Watson guy. They've stopped doing that as Symonds has cemented his spot. Its the same story with the spin department. I guess people are going to lament the lack of spinners until the team finds the "winning solution" to the problem. I suggest patience is needed as Warne and Macgill will take time to be replaced kinda like how Mcgrath will be hard to replace especially in overseas tours.

EDIT: I saw Adcock catch the craziest catch on sunday. ^^

Do you realize that people have other work to do than to just post in the forums.
Wait till we have good days in this series.You`ll cop it back with compound interest.
I bet all of the pommy supporters were thinking the same thing this time last year.

Can't wait to see Hayden bat tomorrow, I couldn't imigane any other opening batsman being better then him and there probably isn't. Would be great to see him get his 2nd century of the match.

Also, we'll never have any decent spinners unless we start making allot more grounds which other something for the spinners.

Oh shut it. I was away for a 3 hour period all so. It was a joke.

And be quiet. You had a good day yesterday and while you may not have been involved, about 5 indian fans along with about 2 english fans were on this very thread trying to be funny, making cracks at ponting, hussey and all the hype around australia..

Then they go out and make less than 200 and when we give it back in a very, very minor way you say WAIT TILL WE HAVE A GOOD DAY YOU'LL COP IT BACK BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Calm down jordox.

Somebody please explain to me why Rahul Dravid?

This is what i get..You guys want to have superstar Yuvraj in the team so you whack Rahul at Opener when you have Sachin and Sourav who are both established openers. Albeit in the One Day Game but it still means they have the ability to open so why Rahul at opener?

also the problem is our up an coming spinners need more 4day games as the 1 day an 20 over games are no good for developing spin bowlers as all they learn is how to bowl defensively an minimize runs instead of learning how to plan and take wickets.

was abit harsh on cullen hes not useless hes average an no where near good enough for international level

holdenator im guessing but it seems like they just wanted someone to see of the new ball an then maybe they were gonna try to attack.

trouble is on this pitch easiest time to score is when the ball is new so they wasted it by blocking.

I bet all of the pommy supporters were thinking the same thing this time last year.

I state with confidence and not arrogance that we`ll do better than what England did last year.
Our batting order will come back big time, mark my words.
We do have a habit of messing it up with the bat in the first Test of an overseas tour. It should be alright at Sydney.

Even today, except for Dravid , the others looked in quite good touch. It was the lack of any momentum that brought about the downfall.
Tendulkar,Laxman and Ganguly (even Kumble) all looked fluent till they were there. Yuvraj,Dhoni and Jaffer were in there for too short a period to judge whether they were out of touch or in good touch.
Dravid -- He was out there for a net session.

If I were the captain, I`ll go to Yuvraj and say -- "Listen mate, it is you who are trying to break into the side. Either take the opening slot that is vacant or wait for your turn."
Even Laxman at the opening slot would be a better option on current form as he looked in better touch.
Dravid is too good a player to be sacrificed in such a manner. Would they do it with Sachin or Ganguly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread