India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbhajan Singh got Ponting. This wasn't Ponting's Test.

Oh dear.. That proved me wrong :p

Bloody hell. Hussey better make runs or I'll assassinate him next time his in Sydney.

Get the hell outta there! Bhajji's redeeming himself here with one helluva spell.

WTF Punter is out! Cricinfo described it as this
Harbhajan Singh to Ponting, OUT, got him! Outside off, turned into the right hander who opens the face and guides the ball straight into the welcoming hands of first slip

That makes it seem really bad, was it as bad as that?

No, no we don't. He is extremely articulate and is the best man you want calling the game when someone reaches a hundred.

articulate my back side. as much as i hate to say it, english people just sound more 'articulate' cause of their accent....he just doesn't fit into our traditional aussie team. I live in London and the amount of times i've been seduced by english women soley on their accent rather than their looks makes me feel ashamed to be a true aussie...they have a way with words but just can't back it up when it matters :D it's all cause they've been around longer than us...not cause they are better than us :D

punter got out by murali in the last test series excatly the same way in one of the innings. he played forward to a spinning bowl, it spun of the open face if his bat, got a thick edge and right into first slip. terrible punter, we need a century now form either, jaques, hussey,clarke,symonds, or gillchrist. lol

articulate my back side. as much as i hate to say it, english people just sound more 'articulate' cause of their accent....he just doesn't fit into our traditional aussie team. I live in London and the amount of times i've been seduced by english women soley on their accent rather than their looks makes me feel ashamed to be a true aussie...they have a way with words but just can't back it up when it matters :D it's all cause they've been around longer than us...not cause they are better than us :D

No he is articulate, accent aside he uses his words well.

No he is articulate, accent aside he uses his words well.

But he's boring...hence why his contract ends this year...hence why it won't be renewed....notice he's used sparingly this year compared to last year? No one liked him last year..channel 9 just can't affor to pay him out cause they are struggling. I'd prefer they draft someone like Loyd or even nasser from england...those guys are good and know things not only about the game but the current players....this guy is just a voice, and a goddam boring and uninsightful one at that......i couldn't care if he says 'he's technically astute on the offside' - i'd prefer, as would most aussies, hear lawry, even though he's hopeless, say 'he's murdered that through the covers'. Pefect english is soooo 1930s.....we need something to keep us aussies interested when we are bulding such huge totals.

he just didnt read the doosra.
The ball hit the splice, I think he misread the bounce (they aren't talking about it much, but there has been a bit of variance off the pitch all match) or maybe Harbhajan gave him some extra overspin.

Nevertheless, Harbhajan proving that two spinners isn't folly and Australia proving that there really are runs still in the pitch.

Australia should win this one comfortably barring a miracle. India will be 1 down, and it should be a lot tougher to bounce back later matches.

The other pitches should a lot more consistent, although the WACA can be expected to be quite sharp, much more than in recent years. Sydney and Adelaide should tell a markedly different story to this one.

What are Sydney and Adelaide like? There are 5 tests right? Or only 4?

I am conflicted. I almost don't want for Dravid to make runs (obviously, I do want someone to make runs for the team), because it will mean that he would be kept in the opening position, where he is, at best, an average batsman.

Good point but it could be possible that one solid innings may be enough to kick start his tour. I personally would go for Sehwag and Jaffer opening with Dravid at 3 for the Sydney test then if he fails again to make runs at the position most suited to him, consider bringing in Yuvraj or even another batsman from the squad. As I said before, it all depends on the second innings and who out of Dravid and Yuvraj make runs.

Australia are well positioned at lunch but we need a big score from both or atleast one the batsmen at the crease and reasonable contributions from Clarke, Symonds and Gilchrist. Johnson should be batting above Lee as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread