India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia should win this one comfortably barring a miracle. India will be 1 down, and it should be a lot tougher to bounce back later matches.

I wouldn't take us out of this one yet. If we can quickly bundle their middle order out, like we did in the first innings, we might have a decent chance of a win. But, then again, when your middle order consists of Clarke, Symonds, and Gilchrist, that's easier said than done.

I wouldn't take us out of this one yet. If we can quickly bundle their middle order out, like we did in the first innings, we might have a decent chance of a win. But, then again, when your middle order consists of Clarke, Symonds, and Gilchrist, that's easier said than done.
That middle order isn't as fearsome as it used to be, Clarke is a fantastic batsman, but I reckon that Symonds is too aggressive for a test batsman, just when I thought that he'd turned the corner, he pulled out an innings that was even more brainless than Dravid's opening mindset.

He sounds like such a bogan, and the way he bats he wants to be an exciting and aggressive batsman in the Gilly mould, but he forgets that when your team is collapsing, the last thing you want to do is start slogging.

And Gilly is hot and cold, hopefully today he is hot.

WTF Punter is out! Cricinfo described it as this

That makes it seem really bad, was it as bad as that?
It didn't look great, he tried to play it straight but half pulled out and ended up edging it straight to Dravid in slips. It wasn't great, but certainly not as simple as the cricinfo writer made it sound.

Last edited:
Huss's gone.
RP gets him edging straight to straight slip. Nice.
Now, Bring in Anil and Zaheer, and bundle em out for under 200. Bat slowly today (that's where you come in Dravid ;)) And take 2 days to get 350.
Game on?

Damn Husseys gone. Him and Pup were starting to look good. Sean will be happy though, Gillys in next. He said he's positioning himself around midwicket-square leg so he can catch one of Gillys sixes maybe :p

I reckon that Symonds is too aggressive for a test batsman, just when I thought that he'd turned the corner, he pulled out an innings that was even more brainless than Dravid's opening mindset.

To be fair to Symonds, he batted pretty well for most of his innings, the only real flaw was the way he got out. On any other day that ball could have gone 1 or 2 metres either way of the fielder and gone for 4.

That middle order isn't as fearsome as it used to be, Clarke is a fantastic batsman, but I reckon that Symonds is too aggressive for a test batsman, just when I thought that he'd turned the corner, he pulled out an innings that was even more brainless than Dravid's opening mindset.

He sounds like such a bogan, and the way he bats he wants to be an exciting and aggressive batsman in the Gilly mould, but he forgets that when your team is collapsing, the last thing you want to do is start slogging.

And Gilly is hot and cold, hopefully today he is hot.
I wouldn't hold your breathe. Symonds is a better batsman and isn't as wild as what Gilchrist is.

I can't understand why people are saying Symonds throw his wkt away in the first innings. The shot was on cause it was quite short and there to pull. It was just a lazy shot and was poorly executed.

Gilchrist's dismissal on the underhand was completely reckless. What do you think going's to happen when you try to slog sweep an off-spinner when the ball pitches 2 feet outside offstump?

I wouldn't hold your breathe. Symonds is a better batsman and isn't as wild as what Gilchrist is.

I can't understand why people are saying Symonds throw his wkt away in the first innings. The shot was on cause it was quite short and there to pull. It was just a lazy shot and was poorly executed.

Gilchrist's dismissal on the underhand was completely reckless. What do you think going's to happen when you try to slog sweep an off-spinner when the ball pitches 2 feet outside offstump?
Both of them threw their wicket away, both of them are reckless. Symonds can bat in ODI cricket, but in test cricket, he just doesn't seem to have any knowledge of what to do in a pressure situation. Instead of slowing down, which Gilly actually did do, even though he got out to a bad shot, Symonds decided to bat aggressively. It was a silly decision.

Ah, silly no-ball. India still needs a wicket or two before Australia gets to 200.

Both of them threw their wicket away, both of them are reckless. Symonds can bat in ODI cricket, but in test cricket, he just doesn't seem to have any knowledge of what to do in a pressure situation. Instead of slowing down, which Gilly actually did do, even though he got out to a bad shot, Symonds decided to bat aggressively. It was a silly decision.
Well then that's stupid. What else was he supposed to do with a ball unintentionally pitched half way down the pitch on middle and leg stump? The shot was on, he didn't throw his wicket away. He didn't play one stupid shot in his innings, Gilchrist did. End of story.

So what If Symonds batted aggressively, he didn't get out playing a stupid aggressive shot like Gilly. Gilly slowed down, he got to impatient and played a stupid shot.

both of them need to keep playing the same aggresive way.
Weve all seen how useless symonds is when he trys to play defensively, he just pokes an prods around offstump an ends up nicking to slips an keeper or out lbw its not his game an will get out for less than 20.
So hes better off playing his natural game gettin 30 or if lucks on his side a century.
Same with gilly only knows 1 way to bat sometimes it pays off an u see him get a big score an turn a bad situation into a great one for australia in a small amount of time.

Gotta take the good with the bad

That boundry Symonds just hit was exactly how he was dismissed in the first innings. Poor ball, the shot was their to be played and this time he played it correctly.

Shot Simmo, he knows when to bat aggressively, when the ball his bad. And he can play defensively like he has showed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread