India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we do lose, the second innings could be crucial to make sure that some issues get settled. The primary one being Dravid`s form and lack of positive intent.
Yuvraj has another chance to prove his worth.
For all we know, we might see a refreshing attitude from the batsman in the second innings which could augur well for the future matches.

We`ve got to be looking to win psychological points because the second test starts in just a couple of days from this one.

It's time for Gilchrist to go from the test team. Bring in Haddin, better keeper and batsman.

True, Haddin is better. Unfortunately there's no way it'll happen. Gilchrist is still a good enough player to keep his spot, and the fact that Haddin is better player seems to be irrelevant.

Gilchrist looks like a tailender these days. With Haddin you'll have 7 genuin batsmen and a more atheletic keeper (not saying Gilly is not atheletic).

Bowden has made some poor decisions in this match and it continues as Brad Hogg is on to his 4th or 5th life. To be fair, though, they were tough decisions where the ball has hit the pad before the bat, but you'd think he'd figure out why the players were appealing eventually.

Gilchrist looks like a tailender these days. With Haddin you'll have 7 genuin batsmen and a more atheletic keeper (not saying Gilly is not atheletic).
If he's a tailender, he's a really, really good one. He's still a very good player. I think Haddin is better, but Gilly is not doing enough wrong for the selectors to want to drop him.

When Gilly begins slog-sweeping the spinners, it's only a matter of time before he top edges one. He's done that a lot against India and especially against Harbhajan, over the years.

If he's a tailender, he's a really, really good one. He's still a very good player. I think Haddin is better, but Gilly is not doing enough wrong for the selectors to want to drop him.

He hasn't had the chance to do much wrong coz he's always resting:rolleyes:
He hasn't made decent runs in tests in a long time.

Bowden has made some poor decisions in this match and it continues as Brad Hogg is on to his 4th or 5th life. To be fair, though, they were tough decisions where the ball has hit the pad before the bat, but you'd think he'd figure out why the players were appealing eventually.

316/8 would look pretty good right about now, but I guess he's sorting out the ones he gave against the Aussies incorrectly in the last innings.

Do You think they`ll declare this evening ? Maybe give the Indians 10 overs tonight.

Do You think they`ll declare this evening ? Maybe give the Indians 10 overs tonight.
It's a possibility. They won't require more than 4 sessions to get the win, though, so they may try to play out a few overs tomorrow morning. Although getting our openers out tonight would also be likely if they did declare.

Ponting is hovering around the dressing room balcony, though, so he may be looking at a declaration tonight itself.

Yup. The declaration comes. India need 499 to win and will play out 8 overs today. I think Jaffer will be gone by tonight, at the very least.

Last edited:
In fact, they have declared.
India have some very uncomfortable few overs to play out today and then take it from there.

Ponting is hovering around the dressing room balcony, though, so he may be looking at a declaration tonight itself.

Yeah, he's declaring. I guess it's a good decision, but I was expecting Australia to set the lead over 550, just in case of a miracle like Kolkata.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread