India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
india cant get 500 batting last:( 2 datys play left...

come on tendulkar! if laxman doesnt score well drop him and bring in sehwag!

WTF ?
Why would you drop VVS Laxman ?
If someone has to go it has to be Rahul Dravid.There is absolutely no justification as to why VVS needs to be dropped. :mad

Last edited:
WTF ?
Why would yopu drop VVS Laxman ?
If someone has to go it has to be Rahul Dravid.There is absolutely no justification as to why VVS needs to be dropped. :mad

You two are both insane. Yuvraj Singh needs to be dropped, if anyone. You cannot drop Laxman, because he has been in brilliant form this year, nor can you drop Dravid on the basis of performances when not batting in his favourite position.

Definitely agree with Manee and Iceman Waugh, Laxman together with Tendulkar and perhaps to an extent Ganguly was the only one who looked comfortable at the crease for pretty much his entire innings. He was undone by a vicious ball which on a day 1 pitch would have been taken at head height by the keeper.

Last edited:
someone was saying earlier bowden was hopeless an got intimidated by large appeals an crowds.

I completely disagree with that one alot of the time i feel its the complete opposite and if its a large appeal he says no even if it was most likely out just to show hes the boss an wont be bullied.

Many times against warne our biggest appealer it seemed he just said not out because warnes appeals were too aggresive.

Aleem dar i think is easily persuaded by large appeals an big crowds.

You two are both insane. Yuvraj Singh needs to be dropped, if anyone. You cannot drop Laxman, because he has been in brilliant form this year, nor can you drop Dravid on the basis of performances when not batting in his favourite position.

Dravid has suffered since the Pak series,I think he deserves a break.
I agree that Yuvraj must go as he is trying to break into the side.

I can't believe someone suggested dropping Laxman against us?

That would give Anil Kumble a heart attack !

[Sarcasm Tag] While we're at it why don't India drop tendulkar and bring in Kartik? Yeah great idea... [Sarcasm Tag]
Dropping Laxamn would be like dropping Hussey... dropping Hayden would be like dropping Tendulkar at the moment.

Punter out again to Singh he sure does have Ponting measure. That Jaques sure is consistent another 50, and Clarke continues his good form.
India's batting lineup could chase this if they are at their peak.

Jacques has the most odd stance i've seen (lets forget about Chaderpaul). He looks like he's having trouble excreting while batting. Does mumps do that or does he have such a stiff stance?

Yeah just looking at Jaques technique, you don't think he'd have much success as an opener but his results speak otherwise.

Dropping Hayden might be a possibility for the next Test. He seems to have picked up a back injury while batting early in the 1st morning on the 1st day. It'd be a big blow for Australia and I'd be greatly dissapointed if he didn't play because I'm planning on going. :(

Last edited:
I have to say i'm impressed by Jacques. I think as the series progresses he might be the biggest problem India could face in Aus's batting department. I think Hayden will find it harder to score in Sydney and Adelaide assuming Pathan comes into the side. I really think Pathan can cause problems with Hayden. Not sure about Jacques though. Seems to be lack of experience that has been his undoing. Looking at Jacques technique he is strong defensively and from what i've read about him in domestic cricket he's also aggresive so he can adjust himself to the situation. I was expecting a Hayden clone after reading articles about him.

Good pictures.

So they allow cameras on Australian grounds. In India, I don't think it's allowed for security reasons... I might be wrong though. Been a long time since I attended a match.
I last went to a game during Australia's last tour to India--the Mumbai test match. Pretty much the only thing you could bring were your clothes and your ticket. Of course, people hid stuff and managed to bring it in, illegally.

I completely disagree with that one alot of the time i feel its the complete opposite and if its a large appeal he says no even if it was most likely out just to show hes the boss an wont be bullied.
If he says no when it is most likely out just to show he's the boss, I think he's a pretty poor umpire. As it happens, I don't think he does that.

India's batting lineup could chase this if they are at their peak.
I don't think they are. At least I know Dravid isn't anywhere near his peak. Ganguly, though, is probably as near his peak as anyone, at the moment. I hope that India lose by a margin of fewer than 200 runs. To be fair, they've performed well to not be rolled over by an innings thanks to their bowlers' performance. Most teams get rolled over by a an innings in Australia in the first test match, it seems.

Yeah just looking at Jaques technique, you don't think he'd have much success as an opener but his results speak otherwise.

Dropping Hayden might be a possibility for the next Test. He seems to have picked up a back injury while batting early in the 1st morning on the 1st day. It'd be a big blow for Australia and I'd be greatly dissapointed if he didn't play because I'm planning on going. :(
That may even up the series a bit. :D Now, if the BCCI controlled the Australian team, they would send Ponting in to open. :)

Last edited:
another days for australia. india really need to play hour by hour. they dont need to go to agressive if they can get 200+ at end of day that would be fine. leaving three sessions to get the remaining runs, it will be hard australia are in the driving seat but you never know. i really want to see the india team bat with a bit of pride.

He definitely has talent, Jaques struck his 6th consecutive 50 today. He is 1 fifty behind the record and hopefully by the way he is batting, he will not only reach it but possibly surpass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread