India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He definitely has talent, Jaques struck his 6th consecutive 50 today. He is 1 fifty behind the record and hopefully by the way he is batting, he will not only reach it but possibly surpass it.
Hope Chanderpaul continues to build on that record. Will be an interesting and unforeseen battle. :p

sohummisra said:
Hope Chanderpaul continues to build on that record. Will be an interesting and unforeseen battle.

:) Definitely. Unfortunately for Jaques the Indian attack seems to have a lot more venom than the current South African bowlers.

I don't think they are. At least I know Dravid isn't anywhere near his peak. Ganguly, though, is probably as near his peak as anyone, at the moment. I hope that India lose by a margin of fewer than 200 runs. To be fair, they've performed well to not be rolled over by an innings thanks to their bowlers' performance. Most teams get rolled over by a an innings in Australia in the first test match, it seems.

After what Laxman has done to us and some of the other Indian stars I wouldn't put it past them.

We've been very lucky to be able to go through the transition zone with not too much effect. The only big effect if of course Warne, Langer and McGrath roles have been filled nicely.

Australia again show how they are just too damned good for the rest of us. Ruining cricket, the lot of them ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Another deflating day's play. The bowlers toiled hard, but the huge lead of 147 that they gave to Australia really hurt them badly. The batsmen failed when the bowlers did well.

492 runs in 180 overs!!!!! I would say if India can get 350-400 runs in the second innings, I would consider it a victory for our team. If both Dravid and Jaffer can bat positively tomorrow without taking risks (I mean taking singles and rotating strike), they can bat for long periods of time. And I felt the pitch was slightly getting better than what it was early on. So India should bat out of their skins here at the MCG. Win or lose doesnt matter. Its by how much they lose matters now, coz they need to keep their confidence up for Sydney, Perth and Adelaide.

499 is simply too much, though if anyone could do it, it is India. With all their bowlers fit and firing you simply won't be able to do it. If Lee or Clark got injured you'd have a chance as there'd be a weak link to milk and ease the pressure but there isn't one.

Come on. You know as well as me that playing in India is not even minutely similar to playing in Australia. Not to mention that Australian players have obviously played a lot more cricket on their pitches and having grown up on them know things about them better than a visiting team.

The thing with Australia is, they dont need any practice and can just turn up to beat the other teams in the world 8 out of 10. I feel India, South Africa and to an extent, England are the teams that can give Australia a good competitive fight.

Don't write India off yet, we still have an outside chance (India. Don't look at my sig ;)). The most important player for me is Dravid, if he plays well India have a chance, also a lot will depend on Tendulkar and how he plays.

if india put up a huge 1st wicket partership then they might have an outside chance.

I'm pretty optimistic.
Aussies need to dismiss two batsmen-Dravid and Jaffer-who will be tough.

Even if they mange that,they still have VVS who loves thier attack.

Take VVS,they need to take Sourav and Sachin.

Dhoni and Yuvraj to follow after that.

You can't write India off here !

I'm not gonna write India off but I think Australia have this in the bag.

Now I know that's a bit contradictory, but it's my two pence nonetheless.

I don't think its contradictory.
Its fine when you say that the match is more in Aus favor,but India can still pull off a surprise.

I'm with Evo. I'd say it's 99.9% Australia's, but I can't write India off. India's just one of those sides that occasisionally produces a day or two of absolute magic that this would need.

Great day for Australia tbh. Once again they showed why their the best side in the world. Everytime India took a wicket another powerhouse batter came in who could totally turn the game. Its going to be a great series because of India having a batting side very much even to Australia's.

Jacques again showed just how hard it was for Langer to keep him out of the side for the past couple of years. He's really come into the side and adjusted well to the balance and power of international cricket. He's going to be very prolific I think. He doesn't have a particularly attractive technique but he knows his limits and plays to what he does well incredibly.

Hayden batted well again. Just doesn't really look like coming off this massive upward run and form curve. Its just a shame in actual fact that it was the Ashes 05 that created the run scorer that Hayden is. I blame us (England) for highlighting his weakness', exploiting them and then leading him to cut them out.

Ponting won't keep missing out for long. He's not out of form. He just isn't, he barely ever is. I don't think I have ever really seen Ponting out of form since he came back after being dropped. I'm expecting him to score big in the next test.

Hussey contributed as always. It's probably his greatest asset as a player. If he gets out, he hardly ever gets out for a score that isn't significant. He'll always chip in with a 30 which builds up nicely. Likewise with Ponting, I can't see Hussey missing out on big runs for long. He's got too much class.

Michael Clarke's stock just keeps rising. Fantastic young players and he's only going to get better. He's really grown into a settled international cricketer after coming back in the side in the last Ashes series. Showed the responsibility needed at No.5 after a bit of a top order wobble, showed a lot of maturity in his game. I love watching him bat.

Symonds also is still growing into his role in the test side a little because it is a little out of his natural role, but he's learning and learning fast. Batted well, not much else to say really.

Gilly - Much the same as Hussey and Ponting. He won't keep missing out for long. Made a good contribution also.

Hogg batted well, provided good runs down the order.

Zaheer and RP toiled away and bowled as well as always. Its just not the pitches for them, their job will pretty much just to see if they can whip a couple out early with the new ball to provide a means to whip through for Anil and Harbahjan.

India's batting line-up is really going to have to fire to get up to this total. Need big scores, and Dravid needs to get some sort of run. There are a lot of people on his back. I disagree with it, but nevertheless, it's most likely going to be a straight choice between Rahul, Yuvraj and to a much lesser extent Dhoni to try and balance to side up again.

Some news about Zaheer Khan is that he was running in faster and trying to 'hit the pitch' under the instruction of Wasim Akram who told him that he had to do that to succeed in Australian conditions. I don't have a source for this so take it with a pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread