India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if we need more Spin then Sachin

I agree with that actually, he is so under-bowled. There may be an odd bad ball, but he looks as if he could take a wicket more or less all the time.

Someone may have talked about it but I want to bring it up again. When Yuvraj was adjuded out in the first innings it looked doubtful, heck it was probably not out but to say he was "shocked" and got off because of that imo is rubbish. He completely ignored the umpire's decision and then just trudged off the ground.

Someone may have talked about it but I want to bring it up again. When Yuvraj was adjuded out in the first innings it looked doubtful, heck it was probably not out but to say he was "shocked" and got off because of that imo is rubbish. He completely ignored the umpire's decision and then just trudged off the ground.

I agree. What would of been in the match referee's mind when he found him not gulity. Its basically what you described LH. He looked shocked and pretty much at one time like he wasn't going to accept it. He needs to be punished IMO.

We need someone who can bounce the opposition out just like the Aussies do to us regularly, and I think Ishant is capable of this...

You want someone who is 6ft 4 (hardly a giant) and bowls at a maximum of 135kph with a massive no ball problem, adjudged by Venkatesh Prasad not to be good enough, to bounce out Australian batsmen?!

He may have just kissed his Test career goodbye for possibly a few months, he has a right to be upset.

Last edited:
You want someone who is 6ft 4 (hardly a giant) and bowls at a maximum of 135kph with a massive no ball problem, adjudged by Venkatesh Prasad not to be good enough, to bounce out Australian batsmen?!

Better than Bhajji, who is bowling like a doll, same delivery over and over again, hardly effective.

I'm sure we could play Pankaj Singh, no seriously, he looks a good bowler, I believe he has much more discipline than Sharma, and is not far behind on the bounce either. Speed is something we can do without (as Stuart Clark shows).

I agree with that actually, he is so under-bowled. There may be an odd bad ball, but he looks as if he could take a wicket more or less all the time.

Yeah, Sachin can turn the ball a mile and he's got a very useful googly, he will be very useful on this Sydney pitch.

I agree with giving Jaffer one more chance, because against Australia you can't just have someone getting out cheaply every time opening the door to rest of the batting order far too early...

He may have just kissed his Test career goodbye for possibly a few months, he has a right to be upset.

You're not condoning his actions are you manee?

There is nothing you can do when the umpire gives it out and doing what he did would only land him in hot water.

This all leads to Yuvi getting kicked out?

I don't think we can risk Dravid opening again, so he goes back to three, either Sehwag or Karthik will have to come in, but I doubt the selectors will have to guts to drop Yuvi or to play Sehwag.

I don't think they have the guts to make any changes, I would not be surprised if they play Bhajji again, and open with Dravid again.

We can always drop Dhoni to play Karthik, who can open. :spy

I'm sure we could play Pankaj Singh, no seriously, he looks a good bowler, I believe he has much more discipline than Sharma, and is not far behind on the bounce either. Speed is something we can do without (as Stuart Clark shows).

He won't play. He is there for the experience. I thought he'd be a good punt too but it is not going to happen.

You're not condoning his actions are you manee?

There is nothing you can do when the umpire gives it out and doing what he did would only land him in hot water.

I'm not condoning his actions, I am explaining them. Things don't have to be just to be acceptable.

Last edited:
Ok after some discussion, I'm naming my team again:

1) Wasim Jaffer - Last Chance...
2) Vireder Sehwag - He should be in the team
3) Rahul Dravid
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) Sourav Ganguly
6) VVS Laxman
7) MS Dhoni
8) Irfan Pathan
9) Anil Kumble
10) Zaheer Khan
11) Ishant Sharma

I know India shouldn't drop players on their last test performance, but we need drastic changes in order to be competitive in this series, we need Sehwag to get us off the fliers regularly and Jaffer to score the big ones. RP didn't look all that threatening and i think Ishant Sharma can be more competitve then him and Pathan can offer some consistency at the other end.

Like some other people have said on this forum already, the selectores probably won't have the guts to drop and bring in players..:noway

imagine if india play 4 pacers in the next match
i honestly think they would be better off playing 4 pacers rather than 3 pacers and 1 spinner
symonds and clarke can do their part time spin

if it happens then india are done for

i honestly think they would be better off playing 4 pacers rather than 3 pacers and 1 spinner

No question about it, at times I wondered what would happen if Tait came steaming in when all the others got tired.

:(

what?????

Kumble's the skipper.
And, he's a legend at spin bowling.

3-1 is a good deal. 4-1 would be too many bowlers. Sachin and Sehwag, and Yuvraj if he's still in the team, can bowl spin, and Ganguly has some handy medium pace.

Any news if Sreesanth can be fit in time for the Sydney test? I don't know where he's gone to

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread