India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My local U/6's T-ball team fields better than India....:p

LOL at indian supporters, talking the team up before, spicing things up with the whole "Hogg is crap" "Our batsman will smash you all over the park".

Now its "Australia play unfair" LOL:p, nothing wrong with being confident boys, just gotta back it up!

saisrini80, your just in denial that Australia spanked India fair and square, and i dont know how you cant say there a good team, what does that make India then?

...Why do you go for Germany then as well?

If you have German in you then I can understand.

Cricket- India and nobody else.
Football- Germany and nobody else. (Note: This is for international football)

I also support India but really, there's not much coverage/decent coverage in India. Also, considering I've only lived there 2 years of my life, I think you and I both know that there is no coverage of India playing football elsewhere.
Atleast, not where I've lived (Czech Republic, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland and now Venezuela).

Well, congratulations to the Aussies. They truly were better than us in every department and deserved the win. Hopefully though, India can take the few positves from this match and work on the many weaknesses for the next match. First and foremost however, India must change the batting line up to accomodate Dravid at 3.

Last edited:
Comprehensive defeat for India!!! They deserved that for the pathetic shows with their batting in both innings. But I wont blame the team much, but he BCCI for the lack of practice matches and adequate warm up. The Indians have always had butterflies in their stomach during their initial times in Australia and they need time to adjust to the conditions.

Ponting mocks India's meek surrender
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Ponting_mocks_Indias_meek_surrender/articleshow/2660728.cms

This guy and his team deserves to be spanked by the Indians (according to me). He is obviously trying to mentally destabilise the opposition by pushing them further into humiliation. These guys dont know to win fairly on the field, and always try to attack the opposition mentally before the game outside the field. Even if Australia win 4-0, I will never ever consider them a great team at all. One of my most hated teams in the world!!! This is now a source of inspiration for India. India should look back to 2001 when they lost by a big margin in Mumbai (10 wkts) but then came back sensationally in Kolkatta. We can do it, and we have the ability to do it.

What's wrong with what he said? I'm no fan of Ponting, but I can't see anything in that really that would annoy anyone. All he's actually done is state the blindingly obvious.

I agree with Gilly Fan as well, there was an awful lot said in the build up to this game by India, so even if Ponting was saying anything "controversial" then you can't really moan.

I couldn't see India winning the series beforehand and I've seen nothing to change my mind.

Now onto Dravid. To me this seems more than a simple slump in form, he looked clueless against the Aussie quicks. Yes, he was opening which isn't his best position but even so. The statistics certainly make for fairly poor reading for Indian supporters. His last century of any sort of value came against the West Indies in June 2006. Take out his runs against Bangladesh and this calender year he has 414 runs @ 29! In that time he's played against South Africa, England, Pakistan and now Australia. I'm staggered to see he didn't make runs against Pakistan. Flat wickets, huge totals and average bowlers everywhere and all he got was a single half century. How much longer does "The Wall" have? Is it time to say Yuvraj or Dravid rather than Yuvraj or Sehwag/Khartik?

liverpoolfan said:
The one thing that made me proud during our disastrous Ashes tour last year was the way that our fans always got behind our boys; We realised the team we were up against were just too, too good. I think it's time that some Indian fans realised that team India are not as good as some of your ridiculously high standards would lead to believe.

I wonder if India's win against us and Pakistan have gone to the heads of some people. Yes, winning away from home is always a good thing, BUT, we're far from being a truly world class test outfit at the moment and the same goes for Pakistan. This Australian side is so much better than everyone else it's not funny (well, maybe to the Aussies!). Has there ever been a more organised outfit? Every single player knows his role and they have plans for each and every opposition batsman. The only possible weakness I see with this Australian team is the spin bowling department. Hogg and MacGill are 36 and from the highlights I saw of the Sri Lanka series, MacGill looked to be well short of his best. Hogg isn't a long term option but he's probably the right pick at the moment, unless ofcourse you completely disregard the spinner and play Tait. ;) I don't know an awful lot about the Australian domestic game, but it seems they have spinners that are either in the last knockings of their career or just starting out.

Crikey, india will win now....................................

I didn't say it would make India win there and then, but it could give them a better and perhaps more realistic chance. One things leads to another and solidifying the batting order is key. If only I could read between the lines as well as you do....................................

Last edited:
if india wants to have an chance of winning the 2nd test match change the batting lineup bring back sehwag for yuvi and he should open dravid sucked opening he was too defensive let the bowlers bowl at him and they settled down i thought only 2 batsman looked in form and they were sachin and sourav they gave there wickets away played bad stroked otherwise they were in superb touch

My local U/6's T-ball team fields better than India....:p

LOL at indian supporters, talking the team up before, spicing things up with the whole "Hogg is crap" "Our batsman will smash you all over the park".

Now its "Australia play unfair" LOL:p, nothing wrong with being confident boys, just gotta back it up!

saisrini80, your just in denial that Australia spanked India fair and square, and i dont know how you cant say there a good team, what does that make India then?

We don't mind your team's victory. It's the arrogance of fans like you which make us angry. Get a grip of yourself. We talk up our players because we're passionate about our cricket. We love our team. Anything wrong with that?

Oh, Crickey, did you know the result of the last tour of India to Australia? I believe the series was 1-1. This can still happen... India is one of the few teams which have won a series victory against Australia after 1996. That makes us what? Losers?

What Ponting said was fine with me. He says he expected India to fight tough, but obviously they didn't. I'm more annoyed with the Indian performance than Ponting's press releases. India played poorly yes, but they've had too little preparation and I think some of the batsmen were in the wrong mindset. But India are not as bad as team as you imagine. We've beaten tough sides before. I don't blame umpiring decisions either. It happens all the time.

Yes, Australia beat India fair and square. Are you happy now?

Go and gloat now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
We don't mind your team's victory. It's the arrogance of fans like you which make us angry. Get a grip of yourself. We talk up our players because we're passionate about our cricket. We love our team. Anything wrong with that?

Oh, Crickey, did you know the result of the last tour of India to Australia? I believe the series was 1-1. This can still happen... India is one of the few teams which have won a series victory against Australia after 1996. That makes us what? Losers?

What Ponting said was fine with me. He says he expected India to fight tough, but obviously they didn't. I'm more annoyed with the Indian performance than Ponting's press releases. India played poorly yes, but they've had too little preparation and I think some of the batsmen were in the wrong mindset. But India are not as bad as team as you imagine. We've beaten tough sides before. I don't blame umpiring decisions either. It happens all the time.

Well said Haribhai, We may have lost but we still have our pride and hopefully we will come back strongly in the remaining matches.

AMEN TO THAT !!!! :hpraise:hpraise

two words for india's BATTING performance - IT SUCKED !!!

anyways......my next lineup would be :-

Jaffer
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Laxman
KKD/Dhoni
Irfan
Kumble
Zaheer
Ishant/Bhajji

keep Mr.Yuvi out until one of the above batsman is injured/retired....
dhoni would have to face to axe if he underperforms in the next match..
he shouldnt be overlooked just because hes a vice-captain...

Last edited:
KKD has the right attitude. It would be wise to give him a chance early on, in the Sydney Test if they don't want to play Sehwag.

Harsha Bhogle's reaction is typical:
http://espnstar.com/studio/columndetails.cmd?id=7019885

He uses too many metaphors and similies, but I agree with his views on Dravid.

Last edited:
Anyways here is my Team for SCG:

1) Wasim Jaffer/KKD Karthik
2) Virender Sehwag
3) Rahul Dravid
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) Sourav Ganguly
6) VVS Laxman
7) MS Dhoni +
8) Anil Kumble C
9) Zaheer Khan
10) RP Singh
11) Ishant Sharma/Harbhajan Singh

I would drop Harbhajan but Sydney is a spin bowlers paradise so its hard to drop him for that test and although Dinesh Karthik struggled considerably against Shoaib Akhtar in the recent Ind-Pak series I feel he should be given a go, obviously its hard to drop Jafer becuase of his recent form in India, but its almost a whole new bat and ball game for him in Australia because of the extra pace and bounce, and we can see that from him struggling against Lee. Also I think we all got a bit too excited after Yuvraj's performance in Bangalore and I don't think he is that good a test player.

I have 2 words for Team India, and they are CHAK and DE, I still remain optomistic for the series despite this thrashing...:thumbs

Last edited:
India have really been found wanting with the bat.
There has been no lookout for singles and that they think dropping anchor in the middle of the is going to help. They have not shown any real intent to the Australian bowling and a few such as Jaffer and Tendulkar have got out to soft dismissals. Dravid has really been clueless as far as opening is concerned. He just dig himself into a hole and again no intent showen and he needs to get his act together or else he could be dropped with players trying to get in the squad.
There might be a case for Sehwag coming back to open now depsite the fact he's failed enough to be dropped 100 times. He will be aggressive and give something different to the batting line-up.

Although Harbhajan bowled well in the 2nd innings, I still felt India were without a pace bowler and they should of had Irfan Pathan playing or maybe even Itshant Sharma who looks a good prospect. They may have wanted a few more overs from Ganguly who bowled well in the recent Pakistan series but you can rely on a medium pacer like him to do the job of a frontline bowler.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Australian bowlers were good again. Brett Lee has proven he has the accuracy as well as pace now and has become a real spearhead of the Australia attack. Clark was great again, always accurate and get plenty of LBW's and he can now get the ball to swing in to the right handers and has got a few batsmen in this test from that delivery. Johnson bowled okay but seemed to be a bit wide with the new ball which I still don't feel he should have at the moment. Clark who has really done excellently in his short test career shoudl be given the new ball instead of an inexperienced Mitchell Johnson but he does posess qualites such as pace and swing that will stand him in good stead for the future. Brad Hogg, as I said, will have to make impact but he did bowl well since he bowled a good length and was able to fool VVS Laxman with the googily but was put down by Hayden. Australia will need him to fire since they don't have another younger spinner who is ready for the international stage. Symonds was great whe he turned to offspin, he's is a useful bowler on turning pitches and should be used as a spinner than a medium pacer and can help Australia in the future if a second spinner is needed.

I don't think Australia need to make any changes since all the bowlers have done well in this match. Tait would be a risk anyway and Johnson looks a good prospect for Australia.

Ponting comments were harmless just the media doing their usual over doing the title. He could have said a lot worth things about India batting but choose the obvious one which 99% of us would be saying.

It's too risky playing Tait against India with the series still live. We still don't know where he is at in the Test arena. When he gets a few more test to show what hes got then we can start throwing him to the wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread