India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to see the next match better than this... great play by Sehwag... it's unlucky that he got out in the end and didn't made the partnership record...

Well, what a boring test match that was. For me anyway, since I'd rather see stumps flying high than sixes.

Did anybody see GeoTV's 'Line of Cricket' with Aamir Sohail? Is that guy an idiot or what? Some of his criticism of the state of cricket in Pakistan was right on, but I hate the way he always puts down Woolmer and glorifies Miandad as a coach. Its utter BS. Miandad had his chance, with more experienced players than we have now. There were factions within the team that prevented them to play as a unit. That has been the biggest change under Woolmer, infact, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason Shehryar hired Woolmer in the first place. According to Sohail, Woolmer was hired because of Gaura Ghulami!

I got really pissed off by his comments, so I sent him an email telling him how the team has improved under Woolmer compared to under Miandad and that I don't expect a response from such a xenophobic critic.

If Sohail said that, he has only made a fool of himself.

Pakistan are a team under Woolmer, and finally Shoaib Akhtar is a part of it.

Anyways I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but these are the possible ICC rankings standings after the series is completed.

Pakistan win 2-0 (Pak 109, Ind 110)
Pakistan win 1-0 (Pak 108, Ind 111)
Drawn Series 0-0, 1-1 (Pak 105, Ind 114)
India win 1-0 (Pak 102, Ind 116)
India win 2-0 (Pak 100, Ind 118)

So by winning both the remaing tests India can take a 5 point lead over 3rd placed England, before the both teams meet in India for a 3 test series. Pakistan in that case will drop down to 5th place behind New Zealand. If Pakistan win both tests however, India will drop down to third place, three points behind England. Infact even a 1-0 defeat will Rahul Dravid's team lose second spot. A drawn series will see them drop one point, but will still be in second place.

nightprowler10 said:
.............., so I sent him an email telling him how the team has improved under Woolmer compared to under Miandad and that I don't expect a response from such a xenophobic critic.
Hmm I like the sound of that word, xenophobic:p
Anyways, I think Sohail is obviously a w@nker and should worry more about his business or means to feed himself. Getting back to topic, a 1-1 draw looks on cards. Its hard to beat Pakistan at home especially when India is involved. Although Zimbabwe and Australia has achieved that feat, obviously India as well but they lost one test in process. Very Interesting...

For Aus beating India at home has been the hardest.
Anyway what a boring test match this became on the last day. I feel for all you fans that had to watch today. Also didn't help with the pitch being so bias towards the batters.

Gilchrist said:
How is it boring? India scored at over 5 per over.
Its always boring when u don't get to watch a result oriented test match,no matter u score @ 5 runs per over or 25 runs.

vibs89 said:
Pakistan have named an unchanged squad for the second test against India starting on Jan. 21 in Faisalabad, a spokesman for the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said on Monday.

Opener Yasir Hameed, who missed the first test due to typhoid, has not been considered for selection.

Squad: Inzamam-ul-Haq, Salman Butt, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved, Mohammad Asif, Danish Kaneria, Arshad Khan, Imran Farhat.

The squad is unchanged. I think in the second test they will let Salman Butt sit down one match and take Imran Farhat in.
great idea , come on Imran Farhat :D ... but why not take Mohammad sami out , hez useless for the team... :rolleyes:

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/43654.html
this player could be a better bowler then Sami ,

Sami is not performing right now and it may be a good idea to pick Umar Gul instead of him. Gul can be a useful bowler than Sami if the pitch assist some swing. But, if the pitch for Faisalabad is as dead as the Lahore one then no bowler can do anything. It is interesting to mention here that Dennis Lillee had commented that Faisalabad pitch was the flattest he had ever seen in his career. I sure wish the wicket at Faisalabad to be a sportive one and the weather gods stay happy during the second Test.

rahulk666 said:
Sami is not performing right now and it may be a good idea to pick Umar Gul instead of him. Gul can be a useful bowler than Sami if the pitch assist some swing. But, if the pitch for Faisalabad is as dead as the Lahore one then no bowler can do anything. It is interesting to mention here that Dennis Lillee had commented that Faisalabad pitch was the flattest he had ever seen in his career. I sure wish the wicket at Faisalabad to be a sportive one and the weather gods stay happy during the second Test.
I don?t think they will make a dead pitch again , and they better not :mad: ... and last time Sami was performing was ICC Champions Trophy 2004 , that?s when I seen him getting some wickets , :eek: and Yasir Arafat could be a great young lad for Pakistan if they play him , he has only played 3 ODI matches, and players brilliantly for Scotland :p .

rahulk666 said:

Its better not to have hopes on the second test! With the looming concern of another drawn test, I dont want to put my hopes on it! Waiting for Karachi! Anything other than a draw at Faisalabad for both sides would be a bonus for me!

If the second test is drawn, then Karachi would be a pressure bowl! It will be of immense pressure that both sides have to put up with!

i dont like Karachi matches , :p ... booring , Larhore and Rawalpindi are best place to play if there weather is perfect and the pitches are good. (NO OFFENCE KARACHI PEOPLE :D)

It is good that BCCI agreed to play in Karachi. We can hopefully have one match without weather interupptions. I think this should be a lesson to PCB and BCCI not to schedule matches in Pakistan during this time of the year. Its better that India-Pakistan not play than having tours marred with weather interruptions.

I think the decision to play at neutral venues is also a good one. It can sort of eradicate this problem. but on the other hand, it takes away the fun of having home team advantage and things like that.

Yea! the second test also looks to head for a draw. The weather is looking bad and the pitch..from various reports...is not looking sportive enough. It might be similar to what it has been in Lahore.
If so...like i said, we can have 11 batsmen and bat first...play for 3-4 days and get some records :)

usy said:
i dont like Karachi matches , :p ... booring , Larhore and Rawalpindi are best place to play if there weather is perfect and the pitches are good. (NO OFFENCE KARACHI PEOPLE :D)

but now it looks like we will have a full match only at Karachi!

Actually, after that classic ODI in Karachi in 2004 when India won so close, I have developed a liking for Karachi, the venue! It was the best match of that whole ODI series!

rahulk666 said:
It is good that BCCI agreed to play in Karachi. We can hopefully have one match without weather interupptions. I think this should be a lesson to PCB and BCCI not to schedule matches in Pakistan during this time of the year. Its better that India-Pakistan not play than having tours marred with weather interruptions.

I think the decision to play at neutral venues is also a good one. It can sort of eradicate this problem. but on the other hand, it takes away the fun of having home team advantage and things like that.

Sharjah Cup! Who can forget that? India and Pakistan should resume cricket at Sharjah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread