India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan announce unchanged squad for second test

Pakistan have named an unchanged squad for the second test against India starting on Jan. 21 in Faisalabad, a spokesman for the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said on Monday.

Opener Yasir Hameed, who missed the first test due to typhoid, has not been considered for selection.

Squad: Inzamam-ul-Haq, Salman Butt, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved, Mohammad Asif, Danish Kaneria, Arshad Khan, Imran Farhat.

The squad is unchanged. I think in the second test they will let Salman Butt sit down one match and take Imran Farhat in.

I wonder whats India gonna do about their squad. Ganguly need s to sit out. Dravid can't open again. He is our most valuable player.

siddharth2002 said:
I wonder whats India gonna do about their squad. Ganguly need s to sit out. Dravid can't open again. He is our most valuable player.

Well I would suggest Ganguly to take in. And let yuvraj sit down for one match and btw he's got injured in his leg. So more likey they should take Jaffer or Ghambhir in the opening slot. And about the bolwer they should really replace someone and take Zaheer Khan a pace bowler. Zaheer should replace bhajji. We need to have atleast 3 seamers and one spinner.

vibs89 said:
Well I would suggest Ganguly to take in. And let yuvraj sit down for one match and btw he's got injured in his leg. So more likey they should take Jaffer or Ghambhir in the opening slot. And about the bolwer they should really replace someone and take Zaheer Khan a pace bowler. Zaheer should replace bhajji. We need to have atleast 3 seamers and one spinner.
I think Bhajji probably will play. If the wicket is anything different from the current one than these two spinners have a good chance.

siddharth2002 said:

You will witness a bigger outcry in India than what you had when ganguly was dropped for the Ahmedabad test! See, the team management has selected Ganguly for this test! And he hasnt had the opportunity to bat for which he is selected! So the right thing is NOT TO DROP HIM!

Agarkar should be dropped for Z.Khan! Thats the only change that should be effected! No other change! If we drop Ganguly, it would be atrocious and Ganguly will be made to be an even bigger hero than what he already is now and the pressure on the team management would increase more! He has to be given chances and must be allowed to show whether he really has it in him to be in the team!

vibs89 said:

Bhajji should play! He shouldnt be evaluated on that manic over from Afridi where Afridi hit 4 sixes. He bowled well in this test match and looked like picking up wickets! India can continue with the same bowling variet (2 seamers+2 spinners+Ganguly)! They need to replace Agarkar! Zaheer Khan should be given the opportunity!

saisrini80 said:
You will witness a bigger outcry in India than what you had when ganguly was dropped for the Ahmedabad test! See, the team management has selected Ganguly for this test! And he has had the opportunity to bat for which he is selected! So the right thing is NOT TO DROP HIM!

Agarkar should be dropped for Z.Khan! Thats the only change that should be effected! No other change! If we drop Ganguly, it would be atrocious and Ganguly will be made to be an even bigger hero than what he already is now and the pressure on the team management would increase more! He has to be given chances and must be allowed to show whether he really has it in him to be in the team!

Totally agree with you. Anyway the news is that the match has been dealyed due to bad light.

Why should they drop Agarkar, who picked up wickets? He may be handy down the order, with the bat, too.

The ICC should be embarassed by the state of play now. It's not raining, but play is not beginning because of bad light. There was a nice panoramic view of the Gadaffi stadium where one saw the covers, the field, the seat, the clouds and of course, the lights which were off.

The highest number of boundaries in an innings is 52. I forgot the player though.

India should pick their team after evaluating the pitch. When the pitch helps seamers, get 3 seamers in with kumble. If it is likely to turn, then retain the team and get Zaheer in. If it is the same pitch like this one, get all 11 batsmen :) and try winning the toss and bat first.

Lol 11 batsmen. Then if suppose Indian bat first. They'll take all five days to bat without even declaring.

Reasons for Inzamam asking for such a pitch ??????????????

My reasons what he would have thought :

1) Green pitch : Indians have a better bating line up so thier chances of batting better than Pakistan batsman.Also giving a green pitch would have got Pathan,Agarkar help.

2) Dusty pitch : Indians better at playing spin.Also Kumble and Harbhajan better than Kaneria,Afridi,Malik.

SO he had no option but to choose such a pitch.I think Indian "dustbowls" are better than such "green tops" (pun intended).

What you guys say why would have Inzamam chose such a pitch ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread