India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Inzi wanted such a pitch. You can only blame the conditions and to some extent poor management and thinking. Having a practice match and then a test on the same wicket will not help in preparations of the wicket. The conditions did not help either.
This series may not be as entertaining as the others...and we can only blame the pitch.

Last day test match in Lahore will begin at 12:45 Pakistan Time, 13:15 India Time, 07:45 GMT, 2:45AM EST.

Last edited:
It is not the captain's fault or the teams fault for the concrete like pitch. It is purely the fault of the curators and if they don't keep up to even or international standards that they should be replaced.

Last day test match in Lahore will begin at 14:00 Pakistan Time, 14:30 India Time, 09:00 GMT, 4AM EST.

Its one of the most boring test matches of all time.I would prefer to watch a Bangladesh-Zimbabwe match rather than this kind of boring & most unexciting stuff.Anyway,the most boring period of the series ends today.I hope that the Faisalabad & Karachi wickets will support batsmen as well as bowlers so that we may be be able to watch an even contest between bat & ball.

Last edited:
sehwag is a batsman that really rubs it in
pakistan can only get him out cheaply if they catch their catches otherwise he always scores big

3 runs short. UGH!!! Gutted.

And a Bangladesh-Zimbabwe match would be exciting as hell. Simular ability.

The umpires are in coats and are having a chat with Dravid and Inzaman.

They have called the Lahore Test off, what a rip off. What was Sehwag thinking? :eek:

All the excitement surrounding this series has vanished due to a shockr of a pitch at the Gaddafi .
At least the curators must know that it is the first match of a huge series and the onus is on them to make a sporting track espcially because Pakistan`s strength is their quick bowling.
I don`t think that the home side have any chance of picking 2 Inian wickets on these pitches , forget about picking 20 to win a test match.

I feel, India have a phsychological edge because however bad the pitch might be, they played Shoaib and Co. superbly and their main concern before the series about Sehwag has now ended .

The Indian bowling is better equipped to take wickets on these type of pitches because they have a bloke called Kumble who will bowl tirelessly at the batsmen and pick up wickets eventually .

Pakistan had better bowling conditions compared to India because of the overcast sky and the basmen did not get time to settle in due to the constant stoppages in play.

It might sound funny but, the Indian bowling was better than Pakistan`s in this match ! Remember, Pakistan were 475/5 at one staged and could have easily been bowled out for below 550 had it not been for the Afridi cracker .

I feel commonsense will finally prevail and we`ll see a better pitch at Faislabad

Last edited:
It has become a draw. Next match start from the 21th January. I hope to see a batting and bowling supporting pitch there.

From what I've been reading it's going to be a batting pitch, like this one. Groundsmen were counting on some sun, so that the Lahore pitch could spin a bit, but it didn't come. I hope off course the next one, will be different though.

Actually yeah, its not the groundsmen or curator's fault as people are bashing them. They did their best to prepare a good pitch but a bit of tough luck on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread