India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Sharjah stadium isnt in a very good state. I played a university match over there last year (2005), and it was a sorry sight.

cricket_lover said:
Yea! the second test also looks to head for a draw. The weather is looking bad and the pitch..from various reports...is not looking sportive enough. It might be similar to what it has been in Lahore.
If so...like i said, we can have 11 batsmen and bat first...play for 3-4 days and get some records :)

May be Saurav can now really plead with Dravid and the team management to let him open and get himself some big runs! I feel he might have benefitted from this drawn test at Lahore had he opened! But Dravid I think didnt let him to because he thought Saurav might be under pressure! Sad on Saurav's part!

m_vaughan said:
Well the Sharjah stadium isnt in a very good state. I played a university match over there last year (2005), and it was a sorry sight.

But if the boards agree, wont they put back the stadium in top shape?

saisrini80 said:
But Dravid I think didnt let him to because he thought Saurav might be under pressure! Sad on Saurav's part!
Saurav himself didn't want to open in the Test. Dravid opened because Saurav refused.

rahulk666 said:
Saurav himself didn't want to open in the Test. Dravid opened because Saurav refused.
Exactly...when everyone refused Dravid stepped up and said he will go as opener. It just shows how responsible and unselfish Dravid is

Shoaib87 said:
Its always boring when u don't get to watch a result oriented test match,no matter u score @ 5 runs per over or 25 runs.
Well I guess your not a true cricket fan. The passion of the game is not in winning or losing...it's about bowling those good deliveries, picking up wickets, and getting runs. If you don't like to watch a team score runs how could you consider yourself a cricket fan?

vibs89 said:
Well I would suggest Ganguly to take in. And let yuvraj sit down for one match and btw he's got injured in his leg. So more likey they should take Jaffer or Ghambhir in the opening slot. And about the bolwer they should really replace someone and take Zaheer Khan a pace bowler. Zaheer should replace bhajji. We need to have atleast 3 seamers and one spinner.
What are you kidding me? Yuvraj is one of the teams main player, and the teams best fielder. He's played better than Ganguly in the past 3 years and you will drop him over Ganguly? But I don't think India will drop anyone. They might try out sachin in opening, because no player got tested out in this match besides Dravid and Sehwag and I doubt they will drop anyone who didn't even get a chance.

I was a bit sad when India did'nt beat the world-record..........but it will do a world of confidence to Sehwag and Dravid good, I hope they continue to good form.

Indiangod said:
I was a bit sad when India did'nt beat the world-record..........but it will do a world of confidence to Sehwag and Dravid good, I hope they continue to good form.
3 runs short...that is really sad...I almost dropped down in tears when Sehwag got out.

Indiangod said:
It wasn't a world record if I am not mistaken. They were chasing a 50 year old Indian opening stand record set by Pankaj Roy and Vinoo Mankad. The world record for first wicket is some 547 runs set by Jaysurya and Mahanama in 1997 against guess who?? India...

rahulk666 said:
It wasn't a world record if I am not mistaken. They were chasing a 50 year old Indian opening stand record set by Pankaj Roy and Vinoo Mankad. The world record for first wicket is some 547 runs set by Jaysurya and Mahanama in 1997 against guess who?? India...

Mate, you are chatting out your ass. This was the all-time opening record, the 547 is the all-time any order partnership, and it weren't an opening partnership.

carrick said:
Mate, you are chatting out your ass. This was the all-time opening record, the 547 is the all-time any order partnership, and it weren't an opening partnership.
Read what I have written. "If I am not mistaken"...
Please be a little polite. Your family might be tolerating the way you talk but don't use that tone with me.
Don't bother wasting your time and energy replying to this. I am going to completely ignore you for this post.

Last edited:
rahulk666 said:

I was talking about the opening world-record.

We should never let the Lankans score so heavy runs agaisnt us, I'd like to forget that game were the Lankans scored 900 odd.

Indiangod said:
I was talking about the opening world-record.

We should never let the Lankans score so heavy runs agaisnt us, I'd like to forget that game were the Lankans scored 900 odd.
I was under the wrong impression that the record Jayasurya-Mahanama set against India in 1997 worth 547 runs was for opening partnership. My apologies. :D

muhammad_inzi said:
As i said india gonna play only 2 over's and i cant believe pak got finally a wicket.

I think pak got a wicket coz it was almost end of the match so Sehwag has to play faster OK....

rahulk666 said:
I was under the wrong impression that the record Jayasurya-Mahanama set against India in 1997 worth 547 runs was for opening partnership. My apologies. :D

Your welcome.

You should read this article out http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakvind/content/story/233442.html

he is reacting to what he percieves others think of him....he was the one behind getting rid of all the grass on the pitch and now he is like " blah, blah, blah".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread