India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheaterr said:
Well I guess your not a true cricket fan. The passion of the game is not in winning or losing...it's about bowling those good deliveries, picking up wickets, and getting runs. If you don't like to watch a team score runs how could you consider yourself a cricket fan?
No mate, you've misunderstood here something. Its not about winning or loosing. Its about competitive cricket. Do you think Lahore match was a competitive one?? Yes, it was good if you are a IND or PAK supporter, but this is not going to help cricket at all. This will take away all the interest from the crowd, around the world. Drawn matches like Ashes's 5th one, Eng-Pak series's 2nd one are more enjoyable than a victory (..well, not always.), so there is no harm in test matches getting drawn.

durrani1 said:
pitche is same as lahore so be ready for another draw...

source???????????????????????????????????
I don't think, that blunder will be repeated again. :mad :mad

andrew_nixon said:
Exactly the same? You mean they've dug up the lahore pitch and moved it to the next venue?
Now that was just lame. He didn't use the word 'exact', and he didn't use the word 'wicket'. So, when he said pitch, he clearly meant the playing are would be the same. If he had said 'exact wicket' or 'exact square' then you might reserve a right to be your pendantic self, but he didn't. Poor attempt.

ZoraxDoom said:
Now that was just lame. He didn't use the word 'exact', and he didn't use the word 'wicket'. So, when he said pitch, he clearly meant the playing are would be the same. If he had said 'exact wicket' or 'exact square' then you might reserve a right to be your pendantic self, but he didn't. Poor attempt.
It's called a joke.

cheaterr said:
Exactly...when everyone refused Dravid stepped up and said he will go as opener. It just shows how responsible and unselfish Dravid is
Also goes to show how little authority he has over his team.

nightprowler10 said:
Politics or not, a captain needs to be in complete control of his team. Otherwise things will just get harder for the man.

Same control as Inzamam has over his team.

Isnt it the other Inzamam who fought a WWE bout with Younis Khan in the World Cup ???

Cant be this one captaining.

Also who was the player who decided to oblige his captain by going in at no.6 when his captain asked him to open.(Rumours has it hat they fought and Afridi won the Intercontinental championship)

Couldnt be the Afridi who is playing here.

Atleast Ganguly and Dravid havent had a WOrldheavyweight Championship decided between them yet.

Dont tell me that times have changed and so has the team.That "love" would still stay for life.

ronny_kingsley said:

Isnt it the other Inzamam who fought a WWE bout with Younis Khan in the World Cup ???

Also who was the player who decided to oblige his captain by going in at no.6 when his captain asked him to open.(Rumours has it hat they fought and Afridi won the Intercontinental championship)

Atleast Ganguly and Dravid havent had a WOrldheavyweight Championship decided between them yet.

Dont tell me that times have changed and so has the team.That "love" would still stay for life.
You are right on the money mate. You deserve reps for this. :clap :clap :hpraise

ronny_kingsley said:

Im afraid as it stands now, Pakistan look like a team (Praise must go to Mr. Woolmer), and India (maybe a bit overdone by the media though) are showing cracks.

In the year 2005 there wasn't much trouble in Pakistani team, like in the indian team.

A lot of incidents, like the Ganguly tragedy which turned out to be like a soap serie. And it's still continuing.

m_vaughan said:
Im afraid as it stands now, Pakistan look like a team (Praise must go to Mr. Woolmer), and India (maybe a bit overdone by the media though) are showing cracks.

But tell me, has India failed to produce results even though they seem to show the 'so called' cracks?? How long is it going to be used as a weapon against india that they are not as friendly with each other as they were before!

The whole team must have been shattered after all those nasty happenings in Zimbabwe with the Ganguly-Chappell spat! But didnt we win in a thumping fashion against Sri lanka and didnt we manage to draw a very red hot South African ODI side who have managed to beat even Australia in the VB series?

Ganguly played the Delhi test but was dropped for the Ahmedabad test and there was a huge outcry over his exclusion? Didnt we carry on and complete a resounding victory at Ahmedabad over Sri Lanka?

I dont consider the minor soured relations among the Indian team as 'cracks'! They are a professional unit and when it comes to focussing on their game, they dont give a damn to all these petty stuff! Thats what I get about this Indian team under Greg Chappell!

saisrini80 said:
But tell me, has India failed to produce results even though they seem to show the 'so called' cracks?? How long is it going to be used as a weapon against india that they are not as friendly with each other as they were before!

The whole team must have been shattered after all those nasty happenings in Zimbabwe with the Ganguly-Chappell spat! But didnt we win in a thumping fashion against Sri lanka and didnt we manage to draw a very red hot South African ODI side who have managed to beat even Australia in the VB series?

Ganguly played the Delhi test but was dropped for the Ahmedabad test and there was a huge outcry over his exclusion? Didnt we carry on and complete a resounding victory at Ahmedabad over Sri Lanka?

I dont consider the minor soured relations among the Indian team as 'cracks'! They are a professional unit and when it comes to focussing on their game, they dont give a damn to all these petty stuff! Thats what I get about this Indian team under Greg Chappell!

hehe
Well said.
Media hypes too much about Indian cricket. Not because there is a lot going on in the team but just to fill the journalist's pockets..and increase their media's revenue.

Rahul himself said that whatever happened has been forgotten and its time to move on. The relationships among players is very good and the body language of players in/out of field proves that. Neither the media nor the audience have to play a part/or comment/discuss topics that are really things of the past and totally irrelevent to the current situation.

If people still evaluate a team based on the past and totally baseless reports, they should be partially/totally blind when it comes to cricket.

PS: I don't think a team showing cracks will score 410/1 in 70 odd overs...batting second! in a test match.
The media is stupid! Yes! But are the people who follow the media stupid? May be...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread