India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
srk121 said:
faislabad pitches are not known for result, statistics says it all not many result has been produced. let just hope we do get a result and surely weather not ruining cricket.

Yup, the last match Pakistan played there with England was drawn...

Today and tomorrow there will be rain in Faisalabad. But starting from Saturday the weather looks good. But there is also the light problem.

ZexyZahid said:
Today and tomorrow there will be rain in Faisalabad. But starting from Saturday the weather looks good. But there is also the light problem.
The pitch has dead grass on it so rain will not affect the nature of the pitch that much. The pitch might hold some moisture underneath which might surface on the secind-third day which might assist the spinners. Plenty of sunshine ahead of the test would have ensured a hard surface well bound by the dry grass. but since it will be raining before the tests starts, the pitch will eventually help the spinners one may rightfully think. India should go with teo spinners if it rains before the start of this test.

rahulk666 said:
The pitch has dead grass on it so rain will not affect the nature of the pitch that much. The pitch might hold some moisture underneath which might surface on the secind-third day which might assist the spinners. Plenty of sunshine ahead of the test would have ensured a hard surface well bound by the dry grass. but since it will be raining before the tests starts, the pitch will eventually help the spinners one may rightfully think. India should go with teo spinners if it rains before the start of this test.

So its again going to be a batting paradise for the first two days or so?

We should replace Agarkar with Zaheer and persist with the Dravid-Sehwag opening combination!

saisrini80 said:
So its again going to be a batting paradise for the first two days or so?

We should replace Agarkar with Zaheer and persist with the Dravid-Sehwag opening combination!
The dead grass even if its dead will offer some assistance to the bowlers in the morning if there is heavy dew overnight and conditions are foggy.
I dont think it wil be as dead as Lahore one but chances of match being draw are more. Also, Shoaib would be just a little tougher to handle on this pitch, me thinks.

rahulk666 said:
The dead grass even if its dead will offer some assistance to the bowlers in the morning if there is heavy dew overnight and conditions are foggy.
I dont think it wil be as dead as Lahore one but chances of match being draw are more. Also, Shoaib would be just a little tougher to handle on this pitch, me thinks.

I am of the same opinion, the grass should help the bowlers. I certainly hope it is not as dead as the Lahore wicket and the match has a result without being interupted by bad weather. The first day will pretty much decide the probable outcome of the match, so it will be crucial for both sides.

sohummisra said:
A pitch is not like your underwear that you change on whim.
Very True...
However, Australia and some other venues have the technological capabilities to change the pitch like an underwear.

Last edited:
Good news (Temporary).. The weather forecast at Faisalabad says that only Tuesday (Day 4 of second test) will be affected by showers!

It says the rest of the days are sunny with Sunday (Day 2) having some clouds and Monday (Day 3) having even lesser clouds than Day 2! But if things go according to what the forecast says, we will have at least 3-4 days of cricket at Faisalabad!

Courtesy: Yahoo! Weather and Weather.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread