India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
muhammad_inzi said:
Yoo i meant they not ganna have pitch like lahore in faislabad.

May be not! If the pitch is under the sun for quite sometime before the match, it can be a good track for both batsmen and the bowlers! The forecast for today is heavy rain! So dont know how its going to be! But the wicket to start with is going to be good for batting! Whether it turns as the match progresses depends on how well the sun bakes down on the ground!

It will be really be a sorry sight if this series goes down to the last test, when this one also turns out to be a draw due to the pitch or the weather. It must also be a bit tricky for the bowlers now as they should be ready to recieve a batting track and should experiment to get wickets. I hope Shoaib collects some thoughts from the England series and gets back using his slower one and yorkers more often. Sami has been really dissappointing in the recent past. He also needs to pick himself up, get some wickets to restore his confidence.

Inzi wants Dry Grass on the Pitch. Wonder what that will do???
I think he was full of it when he slammed the Lahore pitch. He might have thought that his Pacers would get Indian batsmen out like they got England on flat pitches and Pakistan would then score 500+ runs. Anyways, I like Inzi, and his best chance of beating India would be on a Green Top.

s2sschan said:
I think he was full of it when he slammed the Lahore pitch. He might have thought that his Pacers would get Indian batsmen out like they got England on flat pitches and Pakistan would then score 500+ runs. Anyways, I like Inzi, and his best chance of beating India would be on a Green Top.

By green top, do you mean live grass? If the pitch has live grass, the lateral movement is so much that the team batting first needs to be pitied for playing on such a wicket! If the grass is dry or dead, the lateral movement is very minimal or even no lateral movement but the grass holds the wicket firm and helps it avoid cracking which will help the spinners! This is what I guess it is!

I hope there isnt much lateral movement off the pitch. But if they create such a pitch and lose the toss, then Pakistan will be in serious danger of repeating then Rawalpindi 2004 act where they batted first and lost the game by being bowled out for a low score!

s2sschan said:

Oh thats why Inzi and Younis was checking the pitch.

http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2006/jan/19inzamam.htm?q=cp&file=.htm

Defending his bowlers for the whacking they received from Sehwag, the burly batsman said they were a little erratic because they were playing after a month's lay-off.

"We were playing after a month's lay-off and the bowlers were thus erratic. They sprayed the ball all over and you just can't get away with that stuff.

That is not the way to defend the bowlers...excuses. one month lay-off? a high tense series against England wasn't enough? and they wanted a break before India series? and still making up excuses that lack of practice was the cause?

A professional team/captain wouldn't say such remarks.

cricket_lover said:
http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2006/jan/19inzamam.htm?q=cp&file=.htm

That is not the way to defend the bowlers...excuses. one month lay-off? a high tense series against England wasn't enough? and they wanted a break before India series? and still making up excuses that lack of practice was the cause?

A professional team/captain wouldn't say such remarks.

Its a well known excuse pattern 'cricket lover'!!! many captains have used it.. i think its a ploy to encourage their own bowlers and spruces them to perform better in the next match! let them do it! they do it for their own good!

saisrini80 said:
Good news (Temporary).. The weather forecast at Faisalabad says that only Tuesday (Day 4 of second test) will be affected by showers!

It says the rest of the days are sunny with Sunday (Day 2) having some clouds and Monday (Day 3) having even lesser clouds than Day 2! But if things go according to what the forecast says, we will have at least 3-4 days of cricket at Faisalabad!

Courtesy: Yahoo! Weather and Weather.com

On Monday rain is expected too: http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/PKXX0002.html

Why are we making this thread a `Curator`s Discussion Thread` !
There have been more posts regarding the pitch than theer`ve been regarding the 2 teams .

C`mon guys, we`ve seen flat pitches before but I`ve never sen so much attention being given to the pitches .

To be fair to the curators, the pitch at Lahore was similar to the one prepared during the England series but India batted better than England .

This is a new game altogether and teams will go out there to win and not to draw, that`s for sure !
My feeling as for the weather, I think we`ll have more or less a full test match !

Coming back to the cricket,
My India XI for this tst match

V.Sehwag
W.Jaffer
R.Dravid
S.Tendulkar
VVS .Laxman
Yuvraj Singh/S.Ganguly (My pick is Yuvraj bcoz he can handle pace better)
M.S.Dhoni
I.Pathan
R.P.Singh
Z.Khan
A.Kumble

I`ll go in with just one spinner since Pakistan play off-spin well.

Z.Khan can reverse the ball and I`ll pick him ahead of Agarkar .
I would go in with R.P.Singh because he could act as an unknown commoity and has the ability to extract bounce and bowl at 140+ speeds.

Many might argue about the sameness of the attack due to 3 lft-armers but I don`t think , the 3 left armers are similar.

Pathan is a swing bowler.
Z.Khan hits the deck hard.
R.P.Singh has shown the ability to do both .

aditya123 said:
Why are we making this thread a `Curator`s Discussion Thread` !
There have been more posts regarding the pitch than theer`ve been regarding the 2 teams .

C`mon guys, we`ve seen flat pitches before but I`ve never sen so much attention being given to the pitches .

To be fair to the curators, the pitch at Lahore was similar to the one prepared during the England series but India batted better than England .

This is a new game altogether and teams will go out there to win and not to draw, that`s for sure !
My feeling as for the weather, I think we`ll have more or less a full test match !

Coming back to the cricket,
My India XI for this tst match

V.Sehwag
W.Jaffer
R.Dravid
S.Tendulkar
VVS .Laxman
Yuvraj Singh/S.Ganguly (My pick is Yuvraj bcoz he can handle pace better)
M.S.Dhoni
I.Pathan
R.P.Singh
Z.Khan
A.Kumble

I`ll go in with just one spinner since Pakistan play off-spin well.

Z.Khan can reverse the ball and I`ll pick him ahead of Agarkar .
I would go in with R.P.Singh because he could act as an unknown commoity and has the ability to extract bounce and bowl at 140+ speeds.

Many might argue about the sameness of the attack due to 3 lft-armers but I don`t think , the 3 left armers are similar.

Pathan is a swing bowler.
Z.Khan hits the deck hard.
R.P.Singh has shown the ability to do both .

Yap totally agree with you. We should atleast pick three seamers. And one spinner which is Kumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread