India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitch

saisrini80 said:
By green top, do you mean live grass? If the pitch has live grass, the lateral movement is so much that the team batting first needs to be pitied for playing on such a wicket! If the grass is dry or dead, the lateral movement is very minimal or even no lateral movement but the grass holds the wicket firm and helps it avoid cracking which will help the spinners! This is what I guess it is!

Yes! Something close to a Green-Top w/live grass will benefit Pakistan the most. But it's too late to grow live grass in Faisalabad now.

saisrini80 said:
I hope there isnt much lateral movement off the pitch. But if they create such a pitch and lose the toss, then Pakistan will be in serious danger of repeating then Rawalpindi 2004 act where they batted first and lost the game by being bowled out for a low score!

Pakistan will have to take some risks and step up to the plate to defeat India.

m_vaughan said:
I have never seen a greentop prepared in India and Pakistan, and I doubt I will ever see one.

Nagpur in India, where England has the first Test can come close to a Green-Top.

RP over Agarkar? Ok, lets line them up:

Performances
RP- Few ok ODI ones, nothing in tests yets.
Agarkar- Fastest bowler to get 50 wickets in an ODI, 6 wickets against the Aussies, a century with the bat at Lords (along with a few 50s here and there). The best bowling figures out of Akhtar, Rana Naved, Kumble, Bhajji, Pathan in the previous match.

Experience:
RP- Less than 10 ODIs, and nothing against Pakistan/in pakistna
Agarkar- 150 ODIs and 26 Tests.

Do you really feel that Chappel, Dravid and the other selectors are that daft? Agarkar could even probably hold his spot against Zaheer. He can bowl a bouncer, reverse the ball, bowl good yorkers, keep tight speels, and hold his cool against batsmen like Afridi and Akmal. He also has a good slower ball, and adds some bulk to India's lower order. He is also a bright fielder. Why would anyone drop him for an unexperienced 19 YO in one of the most important series for India this year?

I feel that India will go in with an unchanged team. They don't really have the prerogative to drop anyone, since no one but he bowler's were tested in the previous match, and that too unfairly. In my opinion, India just need to view this as the 1st of a 2-test series.

cricket doctor said:
What about an official pitch report??

havent seen that anywhere. but got some hint from cricinfo that its going to be batting favour pitch.

srk121 said:
havent seen that anywhere. but got some hint from cricinfo that its going to be batting favour pitch.

And a very subtle hint too: 'Another run-fest in the offing. '

;)

Hope Sehwag hits his form again. Dravid needs to open for this series, the duo clearly succeeded in the first test, no point putting in some new faces now.

ZoraxDoom said:

Performances
Agarkar- Fastest bowler to get 50 wickets in an ODI, 6 wickets against the Aussies, a century with the bat at Lords (along with a few 50s here and there). The best bowling figures out of Akhtar, Rana Naved, Kumble, Bhajji, Pathan in the previous match.

Experience:

Do you really feel that Chappel, Dravid and the other selectors are that daft? Agarkar could even probably hold his spot against Zaheer. He can bowl a bouncer, reverse the ball, bowl good yorkers, keep tight speels, and hold his cool against batsmen like Afridi and Akmal. He also has a good slower ball, and adds some bulk to India's lower order. He is also a bright fielder. Why would anyone drop him for an unexperienced 19 YO in one of the most important series for India this year?

Fastest to 50 wickets is history. In the previous match, agarkar got Afridi and Rana out. Not the greatest..and Afridi was out playing a rash shot. So it doesn't justify Agarkar's performance. When bowling with new-ball, and with considerable initial swing..he failed to make an impact.

You are actually comparing RPS and Agarkar? on what basis? comparison is only for people of similar experience. RPS isn't experienced..but he needs to. In the ODI series he bowled reasonably well and same goes with the domestic season.
I really hope Khan makes a comeback. He needs to regain the match practice.

ZoraxDoom said:

Performances

Experience:

O.K, I would like to make one thing clear .
Agarkar is at that point of his career where he will not get any better !
We`ve tried him for 8 years wihout him achieving anything huge .

He has been a honest trier and I don`t think he has natural ability as many percieved him to have in the early part of his career.

R.P.Singh is new to Intl. cricket and can be a surprise pakage for the Pakistanis (like Irfan and Balaji were in the last tour)
R.P.Singh in contrast to Agarkar is at that point in his career where he can only improve and get better with experience.

As regards to Zaheer, I believe we need his experience in the test team and he is a class act .
If not for his injuries, he would have been playing the role Srinath played in the 90s .
He had 3 consecutive 5 wicket hauls outside India (not something which Agarkar boasts).
Zaheer has a better Avg and strike rate in test cricket than Agarkar or even Sami .
Also, Zaheer is the fastest Indian to 100 wickets in ODI cricket.
He is a big-hearted fast bowler who I believe can make a big difference to the Indian bowling attack .

In short, AGARKAR IS NOT TEST MATCH MATERIAL !
The wickets he got in the last game were purely due to batsmen`s fault .
The best bowler in the last match was Anil Kumble who earned the wicket of the batsmen .

aditya123 said:

He has been a honest trier and I don`t think he has natural ability as many percieved him to have in the early part of his career.

R.P.Singh is new to Intl. cricket and can be a surprise pakage for the Pakistanis (like Irfan and Balaji were in the last tour)
R.P.Singh in contrast to Agarkar is at that point in his career where he can only improve and get better with experience.

As regards to Zaheer, I believe we need his experience in the test team and he is a class act .
If not for his injuries, he would have been playing the role Srinath played in the 90s .
He had 3 consecutive 5 wicket hauls outside India (not something which Agarkar boasts).
Zaheer has a better Avg and strike rate in test cricket than Agarkar or even Sami .
He is a big-hearted fast bowler who I believe can make a big difference to the Indian bowling attack .

The best bowler in the last match was Anil Kumble who earned the wicket of the batsmen .
i agree RP could surprise the paks like Gul did last year to the indians

cricket_lover said:
Fastest to 50 wickets is history. In the previous match, agarkar got Afridi and Rana out. Not the greatest..and Afridi was out playing a rash shot. So it doesn't justify Agarkar's performance. When bowling with new-ball, and with considerable initial swing..he failed to make an impact.
He failed to make an impact? Only him? Forgot Akhtar, Sami, Rana and Pathan?
Atleast he did manage to pick up a wicket. A wicket is a wicket none the less, and those 'rash shots' could have gone all the way had they hit it well. He bowls tighter compared to our other bowlers and can force mistakes.

You are actually comparing RPS and Agarkar? on what basis? comparison is only for people of similar experience. RPS isn't experienced..but he needs to. In the ODI series he bowled reasonably well and same goes with the domestic season.
I really hope Khan makes a comeback. He needs to regain the match practice.
I am not the only one. You say you want to bring RP into the team. Why? Do you think he is better than Agarkar? How can you, there is now way to compare them. So if you want to compare them, lets compare.
Agarkar has bowled better than reasonably well and has more experience internationally and domestically. His batting and fielding also give Agarkar an advantage.

aditya123 said:
Fine, but why drop him halfway through the series when he has done nothing wrong? Its a make or break series for Indian cricket, why risk it?
About achieving anything hge - you have got to be joking. Fastest to fifty wickets and being a good bowling partner to Srinath, Zaheer and Nehra is huge. A 100 at Lords against England is huge. Good end of innings hitting for several years is huge. Match winning spells against several teams in different situations is huge.

Agarkar can't get better, true, but there is no risk that he will fall flat on his face either. RP Singh is too huge a risk, if you want to bring him in blood him against weaker teams first. Agarakar brings an allround performance for the team, so is an assest, whereas RP would be unpredicatble and doesn't add much to batting and fielding, both things very handy when playing Pakistan.

Agreed...

How do you force batsmen to make mistakes? Bowl well. Before Afridi and Akmal came, Agarkar had the best economy of the lot. Kumble hardly earned the wickets either, Yousuf charged down to slog and missed, and Inzy ws new to the crease. Admittedly Naved got out to a good catch, but he did misread a good delivery.

hello to every body pitch will not be grassy... but will have a bit bounce. two or three days of sunshine is enough for pitch...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread