Hello and welcome to coverage of the second India-Pakistan Test
match at the Iqbal Stadium in Faisalabad
After the first Test at Lahore petered out into a high-scoring draw
all eyes have turned to the second Test
A combination of a lifeless pitch and bad light put paid to any
chances of a positive result
The pitch has been the subject of much debate and this one has been
talked about plenty
The pitch here looks pretty much the same as the one in Lahore.
There are a few tufts of grass, but it's all dead grass that has
been rolled in
The pitch is dry and hard so should be good for batting
Again there's not much for the fast bowlers, but the dry grass on
the pitch means it could be abrasive, and this could bring in some
lateral movement and conditions that favour reverse swing
There's every chance that the spinners will get assistance as the
sun beats down on the surface
India have gone in with five bowlers. Sourav Ganguly and Ajit
Agarkar miss out, while Zaheer Khan and RP Singh come in
When it comes to the teams, Pakistan were forced to make one change
with Mohammad Sami taking ill. He has been replaced by Mohammad
Asif
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan also misses out, with Abdul Razzaq coming into
the team
News from the toss is in, Pakistan have won the toss and chosen to
bat
They will be looking to put up a big total - at least 500 - on the
board and then let the bowlers go to work
The conditions are all good and play can begin on time
There's about 20 minutes to go for the start. That's at 0945
Pakistan time, 1015 India time
Apparently Ajit Agarkar has a bit of a hamstring strain and that
has contributed to him missing out

saisrini80 said:
Any reasons why Umar Gul is not playing?
Because he remained unfit more than 1 & a half year & has recently started playing domestic cricket again.The team management feels that he is still not in ryhthm & should play more domestic cricket before making a comeback to the national side.Pakistan Cricket Team's Manager & PCB's director of cricket options(Saleem Altaf) has recently said in one of his recent TV interviews that Umar Gul would be their first first choice for the England tour as the wickets their are extremly supportive to seamers.Umar Gul,in contrast to Shoaib Akhtar & other quickies (who depend on the pace only to take wickets),is a seamer & many of the former test cricketers feel that he should be selected for the Pakistan's national side,as early as possible.

Out gone Malik. Did you see the way he got out. Actually the ball was coming bowuncer so Malik bend it down but by mistake it hit the top of the bat and there Dravid takes it firmly.

Zaheer looking ordinary. I would have preferred Agarkar over Zaheer Khan. Don't know if Agarkar was really injured. It looks like Agarkar would have made the team, and his injury is true as he did not come out during net practise in the morning.

rahulk666 said:
Zaheer looking ordinary. I would have preferred Agarkar over Zaheer Khan. Don't know if Agarkar was really injured. It looks like Agarkar would have made the team, and his injury is true as he did not come out during net practise in the morning.
Wait for sometime ! He is just getting back to Intl. cricket after a layoff and is just feeling his way into the match ,
R.P.Singh, just as I mentioned y`day has been the surprise package so far !
A good probing spell there by him.
He bowled quite a few wickettaking deliveries !

Butt just got lucky there against Harbhajan, The ball went over the head of Dravid .

rahulk666 said:

He's coming after so long time to international. Give'em some break dude. He will bowl good. As I agree with Aditya.

I think Pakistan have done a huge mistake by dropping Rana Naved in this game .
On a good wicket like this, why are they trying to strengthen their batting by including Razzaq .
Razzaq depends on swing and this pitch has no help for swing bowlers when the ball gets old.
Now Pakistan have just Shoaib who they can rely on .
Asif is inexperienced and Kaneria seemed all at sea against the Indian batting .

EDIT : As I said before , Zaheer starting to look dangerous now.
He has picked up Butt .
Also , Zaheer is a type of bowler who I would rely on bowling long spells .

Last edited:
aditya123 said:
I think Pakistan have done a huge mistake by dropping Rana Naved in this game .
On a good wicket like this, why are they trying to strengthen their batting by including Razzaq .
Razzaq depends on swing and this pitch has no help for swing bowlers when the ball gets old.
Now Pakistan have just Shoaib who they can rely on .
Asif is inexperienced and Kaneria seemed all at sea against the Indian batting .

EDIT : As I said before , Zaheer starting to look dangerous now.
H has picked up R.P.Singh .
Also , Zaheer is a type of bowler who I would rely on bowling long spells .

You mean Butt, no? Good showing by Zaheer.

Zaheer just picked up the huge wicket of Salman Butt. Good joby by Zaheer Khan

Edit= Ahh man. That would be clean run-out. If it would have hit. Anyway what in a hell Zaheer was doing he was standing out there. He should run throught the stumps.

Last edited:
137/2 at lunch good job Pakistani batsman.younis and yousaf both playing very well.run rate is good. i hope this test will give results coz there's no chance of rain and pitch is better then lahore one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread