India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, Afridi is batting defensively but sensibly !

Inzy was plumb in front to Kumble in this over !
A reprieve for the big man ! 290/4

Pathan has been disappointing !
You will not trouble Intl. batters at 75mph !

and after being defensive for so long finally Afridi takes on Irfan Pathan. I love these Pathan(Irfan) vs Pathan(Afridi) battles :cool:

Afridi is playing some good shots,hope he continues this & should not do anything silly to get out in this last session of the day :rolleyes:

aditya123 said:
Pathan has been disappointing !
You will not trouble Intl. batters at 75mph !
Glad someone agrees with me. And I feel he doesnt swing the ball as much as he did in 2003-04. Basically with no pace, and no swing, he is pretty much a punching bag for the batsmen at the moment.

Maybe India should hire a good bowling coach, someone like Troy Cooley, to get Pathan back to his best. Does India have a bowling coach? How about Kapil Dev?

Coaching

m_vaughan said:
Glad someone agrees with me. And I feel he doesnt swing the ball as much as he did in 2003-04. Basically with no pace, and no swing, he is pretty much a punching bag for the batsmen at the moment.

Maybe India should hire a good bowling coach, someone like Troy Cooley, to get Pathan back to his best. Does India have a bowling coach? How about Kapil Dev?

The thing with Indian bowlers is that they start out at 80-85 Mph and after a year or so, reduce their pace to avoid injuries and keep making money playing.
Besides there are very few youngsters spiring to be a Fast Bowler in India.
Every kid wants to be a Tendulkar, Dravid, or Sehwag. There's no role model for young fast bowlers. Kapil Dev was a Swing Genius. Arguably, while being India's best cricketer, Kapil Dev hasn't had much success being a Coach or Mentor.

Pakistan have made a dead wicket like they did in last match i mean whats the point everyone knows Indias battin lineup is stronger than ours so even if we make a huge total they will make even a bigger one like in the 1st test

The pitch will provide more assistance in this match than the pervious match but I agree this pitch is again heavily in favour of the batsman. I felt the Indian bowlers bowled well till they took the new ball which costed them 50+ runs. Kumble should of had Inzi twice LBW and Afridi could of been caught behind but of a no ball. But phenomenal late hitting by Afridi. The Pathan over was very entertaining and isn't at his best atm. Got to improve tommorrow if he is looking for a wicket. Just saw Yuvraj's catch and it was an absolute ripper. Probably better than Collingwood's one in the Natwest series.

Remeber, Pakistan's bowling is weaker now. I think only Shoaib has the ability to make an impact, but he has an ankle injury which will reduce his effect, say the commentators. Asif and Razzaq are punching bags for the batsmen. The Indian batsmen are good at spin, so the spinners shouldn't make much of an impact.

Hypothetically I am right. Lets see what actually happens.

Arguably, while being India's best cricketer, Kapil Dev hasn't had much success being a Coach or Mentor.
The famous saying applies here- Those who can't, teach. :p
I don't think he would be good to teach them as he was naturally talented with a beautiful action. Unlike many bowlers, he didn't work hard to get his action right, so wouldn't really know how to fix Pathan's problem. But he is experienced, and has faced injuries and come back...

Afridi-Cricketing GOD!!!! :):):)!!! You gotta love Afridi!
Sad Agarkar was injured. RP was lucky in his wickets, expecially Malik. Fine catch by Yuvraj, but he bowled well to a slightly tired Yousuf to take his third one, so he deserved that. Zaheer the most economical seamer but only bowling well in patches. But he has done OK. We need a real quickie, but this will be a real boring draw, more boring than the previous match.

i think selectors should reconsider taking pathan for the 3rd test..
he doesnt have any pace at all.. c'mon he doesnt cross 80 ! :eek:
also he has lost the swinging ability he used to have during 2003/04 :(

the problem with india is that if you arrange a group of kids and ask who wants
to become a batsmen.. i am DAMN sure over 80 % of the kids will choose batting ! sadly india doesnt have any bowling mentor.. like we have sachin / gavaskar for batting.

Pathan looks to be turning into a batting all rounder lol. His bowling was dam good a few years back but since then I haven't seen him bowl but his stats haven't been great.

Good first day from Pakistan. Now, did we really need Razzaq in this test in the presence of Afridi? I'm pretty pissed that they dropped Rana, one of our most improved bowlers, and picked a washed up medium pacer. I hope Razzaq proves me wrong though.

the problem with india is that if you arrange a group of kids and ask who wants
to become a batsmen.. i am DAMN sure over 80 % of the kids will choose batting ! sadly india doesnt have any bowling mentor.. like we have sachin / gavaskar for batting.
Lol! I think you have been quoting Straight Drive in all your posts ;)

India on the backfoot on the 1st day of the second test. Rp Singh had a fairly nic debut by taking 3 wickets. Altough India made early breakthroughs, the pakistanis built pressure on India by piling on the runs. India need to get Inzy and Afrdi out quick or it might well again be a run feast for Pakistan.

I hope India comes back strongly tommorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread