India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
sohummisra said:
How fast is RP singh going, btw?

RP Singh was bowling at 90 miles per hour! As far till I saw yesterday, he clocked the fastest at 90.7 mph!

I think thats pretty fast!

Pak_cricketer said:
82 mph so far I think is his fastest bowl.

What? He clocked 90 yesterday and I am sure abt it!

m_vaughan said:
I agree. Rana is too good a bowler to have been dropped. He has been fantastic for Pakistan in the past one year. I am a big fan of Razzaq though for his allround ability, and I think they could have played him instead of Sami, and should have kept Rana in the side.
Yup, Rana is pretty consistance for Pak for some time now. Don't know why they dropped him for just one bad performance. :(

Hariz said:
Well we will have to wait and see if the selection of Asif is justified. He seems to be a pretty good bowler but needs to perform on this not so bowler-friendly pitch.
I am amazed how Afridi has completely changed his way of going at things. He still smacks everything around but has become a lot more consistent. Pakistan are in a strong position, lets see how they go on from here.

I see a lot of signs of maturity in Afridi's batting. He doesnt slog anymore. Most of his shots are really powerful and good cricketing shots. Yes because of his aggressive mindset, he does present a few ooprtunities to the opposition but when he starts meddling it, god save the opposition!

He is developing into a highly devastating batsman for Pakistan!

cricket doctor said:
Yup, Rana is pretty consistance for Pak for some time now. Don't know why they dropped him for just one bad performance. :(

May be the reason was to try out something different! Razzaq has always had success against the Indian batsmen and has bowled well against them!

But I heard Rana has been really successful in recent times! I also heard Razzaq has lost some sting in his bowling! So it seems to be a not so wise decision!

Pak_cricketer said:
Which Match are you watching? I haven't seen him going over 84 mph! :p

I am watching the second test match between India and Pakistan currently going on at Faisalabad starting January 21st 2006! :)

saisrini80 said:
May be the reason was to try out something different! Razzaq has always had success against the Indian batsmen and has bowled well against them!
But I heard Rana has been really successful in recent times! I also heard Razzaq has lost some sting in his bowling! So it seems to be a not so wise decision!
and also they probably don't need Razzaq to perform with the bat at this stage, because all of their batsmen are in prime form. So Rana was definitely a better bowling option IMO.

Pak_cricketer said:
I agree. I can confirm that he did not go above the early 80s mph. As for a good India bowler touching 90 mph, I am still waiting for that day.

saisrini80 said:
RP Singh was bowling at 90 miles per hour! As far till I saw yesterday, he clocked the fastest at 90.7 mph!

I think thats pretty fast!

What? He clocked 90 yesterday and I am sure abt it!

saisrini i think you need to check it again because im damn sure that RP's fastest bowl was around 82-83mph & he averaged about 79mph.

To be honest I thought both RP and Zaheer at times dint have much control on their deliveries. RP especially had too many balls on the leg side.

But then RP did show enough signs that suggest that he can develop into a quality bowler. Zaheer also did produce glimpses of his old awesome form. But all in all, it was a bad bowling performance from India.

m_vaughan said:
To be honest I thought both RP and Zaheer at times dint have much control on their deliveries. RP especially had too many balls on the leg side.

But then RP did show enough signs that suggest that he can develop into a quality bowler. Zaheer also did produce glimpses of his old awesome form. But all in all, it was a bad bowling performance from India.

I felt RP and Zaheer did well today for most part! Kumble was really ineffective! He cant always be patient and wait for Pakistan to succumb! He also has to attack! Most of his deliveries were off good length but didnt trouble the batsmen! Same with harbhajan. He hit the spot outside off stump with great regularity but the batsmen found it easy to ward them off! He didnt try much different!

taimurasad said:
saisrini i think you need to check it again because im damn sure that RP's fastest bowl was around 82-83mph & he averaged about 79mph.

May be I had a bad sight at that point when I watched it!

Sorry if I am wrong!

I think the Indians need to try more yorkers and slower balls to get the wickets. They are too reliant on the pitch. Zaheer has the ability to bowl some cracking yorkers and has a decent slower ball.

I know Munaf Patel of India made waves for his pace some time back. After that he got injured and has returned after some delay in domestic matches. Has his pace decreased after his return from the injury? Does anyone know about it? He has been bowling pretty well for Maharashtra but I do not know whether he has the same pace now for which he raised a few expectations about him when he burst into Ranji stage.

If he still has the pace then he might be a candidate to fit Chappell's need - a genuine fast bowler.

m_vaughan said:
Mohammad Asif did do well against England. But I dont think he has the pace or the swing to trouble the Indian batsmen. Rana is lethal with the new ball imo.

Agree about Afridi, as he seems a lot more consistent now. But for him the real test will come on more sporting wickets, when Pakistan tour England later this year. Infact that tour will be a test for a lot of the Pakistani batsmen I feel.

...yes...a test to see if they defeat England by a landslide, or a comfortable gap. J/k mate!

Does anyone know what the average speed for Zaheer Khan was?

Pak_cricketer said:

I don't know the exact speed of it, but I don't think either he has reached 90 mph. And the speeds were clearly put on screen.

Too bad Malik went in that way, but you have put your bat down when facing short balls. RP Singh's second wicket was mainly because of Yuvraj Singh's great catch. Only wicket he himself got is that of Yousuf.

Of the Indian bowlers only Kumble and Zaheer Khan bowled a bit good.

So far it has been Pakistan's day. I was disappointed that Younis Khan didn't got his century, but he made again a good contribution. Hoping Afridi will continue was he is doing and make quick runs, so we can see a result from this match.

If india cud restrict pakistan below 500 or even lil more than 500, we cud still win this game. I feel like am watching onedayers :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread