India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
cricket_lover said:
don't worry! Afridi is in wonderful form and he is singling out Pathan this time. People are right! Pathan's pace is under the scanner and he'll need to improve it very much. For now, he is just serving breakfast and lunch to Afridi.
More like dessert. :(

Afridi is in blistering form. The Indian think tank will have a real test on their hands for the 3rd test. As for this test, I don't see India winning it. Even if they have a decent bat in the first innings, it'll be terribly difficult to pick up enough wickets to have a small enough score to chase. This is heading towards another draw, unless the pitch really crumbles over the next few days. Pathan may be dropped for the next match--I watched him bowling today and he was mostly spraying it outside off or being smacked for sixers.

even shoaib scored 32 :rolleyes:

ok inzi gone :D no double centuries for pakistan...confirmed :happy :happy :happy

sohummisra said:
More like dessert. :(

Afridi is in blistering form. The Indian think tank will have a real test on their hands for the 3rd test. As for this test, I don't see India winning it. Even if they have a decent bat in the first innings, it'll be terribly difficult to pick up enough wickets to have a small enough score to chase. This is heading towards another draw, unless the pitch really crumbles over the next few days. Pathan may be dropped for the next match--I watched him bowling today and he was mostly spraying it outside off or being smacked for sixers.

We dnt have any alternatives, besides pathan could contribute with his bat. And who knws he might get his groove back on a good pitch.

Perhaps someone should let Mr. Koertzen know that there is a third umpire. Making a mistake when you can't use the third umpire is acceptable, but otherwise is not. Anyhow, it was just Mohd Asif!

India need to get Shoaib out before he reaches 50.

EDIT: And they do it!

Shoaib Akhtar has been batting really well today, I wouldn't be surprised if he does beat his First Class best of 59*, right now as I speak he is on 47 and now he is out! Shame, he almost got a half-century.

134.6 Kumble to Mohammad Asif, no run
134.5 Kumble to Mohammad Asif, no run
134.4 Kumble to Mohammad Asif, no run, full toss on the stump, Asif
flicks down onto his boot and straight to forward short leg! That
is out but Koertzen does not agree and doesn't even consult the
third umpire

134.3 Kumble to Mohammad Asif, no run, driven to the bowler
134.2 Kumble to Mohammad Asif, no run, played to point again
134.1 Kumble to Mohammad Asif, no run, played to point

wat da helllllllll

ok hopefully their inning will wrap up soon, i cant stand another double figures

Pakistan won't mind if Asif or Kaneria get out for a low score, Pakistan will get another high 500 to low 600 score.

Nice googly to wrap things up. Let's see how the Indian openers do. I've stayed up till 3 AM to watch them bat and if they disappoint...well I'll be pissed off. :D

I don't think Asif and Kaneria will get Pakistan to 600,
Pakistan all out 588

anything below 600 is reachable total for our strong batting lineup, and therez plenty of time so we could even win this game

muhammad_inzi said:
End of Pak inning they couldnt broke world record of consective 600 in inning.damn it.
wat was the record...i remember india doin that once

Last edited:
If Sehwag and Dravid perform like they did in the 1st Test this match could swing India's way, then again it could be another draw.

Unless the pitch deteriorates sufficiently to cause a second innings collapse for Pakistan, I don't see India achieving anything but a draw here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread