India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is another Draw for sure i bet ya it is. Scores: 1st inns Pak 500-550 India 720/4 dec 2nd Inns Pak 50/3. its a guess

still pathan is number 10 in the ICC rankings and will surely cause threat when in full flow ,but in track like that even kumble and harbajan are having problems getting wickets

Good bowling by RP Singh! Even though his wickets were lucky, he bowled superbly in the morning and most part of the match. He bowled terrific for a debutant!

Zaheer was awesome today too! I mean, this is the Zaheer that I want to see! He was probing the batsmen with his immaculate line & length (didnt watch the final session!). He was reverse swinging the ball but it was minimal considering that Bhajji made the mistake of bowling with the rough side onto his palm which made the rougher side wet which in turn reduced the reverse swing much!

Its now confirmed that Irfan has lost his everything as a bowler! We dont need a non threatening bowler at the top of our bowling attack! He is not there for his batting, but for his bowlng! He is not going to dramatically change his bowling within a month! So it would be good if Irfan is dropped and Saurav Ganguly makes way for the next test match! Zaheer and RP Singh were very good today and bowled so well.

But will Irfan get dropped? The Indians have not proved so far that they dont give a damn to reputations! Irfan probably has a reputation of an all rounder now and it would be tough imagining him being dropped but he needs to be dropped this early to make him realise that he needs to concentrate a lot on his bowling! Thats what he is in the team for!

avk2love said:
still pathan is number 10 in the ICC rankings and will surely cause threat when in full flow ,but in track like that even kumble and harbajan are having problems getting wickets

Its not that he is not in form! He is in good form, he performed well against Sri Lanka. But the thing is, Pakistan are much much different than Sri Lanka and in conditions where you can easily score at 5 runs an over all day, Pathan's pace is not going to threaten the batsmen and they are going to find him really easy!

Going by what happened today, I think the decision to drop Ganguly might be a good one! Yuvraj took a blinder of a catch or else Younis Khan would have notched up another ton against us! And Zaheer and RP, both did very well! A brave move in the end by the Indian team but I still feel Ganguly should not have been made the sacrificial lamb after all that happened in the recent past!

waleed123 said:
which channels r u guys watchin it in usa is it on ary or is it ppv
I've subscribed to ARY for a month, which includes the remaining two tests and all the ODIs. It was quite cheap;?10 per month.

whatever happened to our good old balaji, and pathan will hit back, he just needs one good spell. :upray :upray

Pak in a strong position.Nice come back by Zaheer though, and the young lad RP also bowled very well today.
** What's wrong with India though?? Why they are not able to formulate any strategy against Afridi. He played well, no doubt.Full credits to him but India shouldn't let him be that consistance against them.

waleed123 said:
This is another Draw for sure i bet ya it is. Scores: 1st inns Pak 500-550 India 720/4 dec 2nd Inns Pak 50/3. its a guess
Some guess that.

nightprowler10 said:
Good first day from Pakistan. Now, did we really need Razzaq in this test in the presence of Afridi? I'm pretty pissed that they dropped Rana, one of our most improved bowlers, and picked a washed up medium pacer. I hope Razzaq proves me wrong though.
I agree. Rana is too good a bowler to have been dropped. He has been fantastic for Pakistan in the past one year. I am a big fan of Razzaq though for his allround ability, and I think they could have played him instead of Sami, and should have kept Rana in the side.

Well we will have to wait and see if the selection of Asif is justified. He seems to be a pretty good bowler but needs to perform on this not so bowler-friendly pitch.
I am amazed how Afridi has completely changed his way of going at things. He still smacks everything around but has become a lot more consistent. Pakistan are in a strong position, lets see how they go on from here.

Hariz said:
Well we will have to wait and see if the selection of Asif is justified. He seems to be a pretty good bowler but needs to perform on this not so bowler-friendly pitch.
I am amazed how Afridi has completely changed his way of going at things. He still smacks everything around but has become a lot more consistent. Pakistan are in a strong position, lets see how they go on from here.
Mohammad Asif did do well against England. But I dont think he has the pace or the swing to trouble the Indian batsmen. Rana is lethal with the new ball imo.

Agree about Afridi, as he seems a lot more consistent now. But for him the real test will come on more sporting wickets, when Pakistan tour England later this year. Infact that tour will be a test for a lot of the Pakistani batsmen I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread