India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raina is still relatively a rookie, when it comes to cricket. But it has been amazing to see him develop in such a short time. He is turning out to be a match-winner for Pakistan. I hope to see him develop more pace but he swings the ball quite well, which has been his main weapon.

Same goes with Pathan

cricket_lover said:
Raina is still relatively a rookie, when it comes to cricket. But it has been amazing to see him develop in such a short time. He is turning out to be a match-winner for Pakistan. I hope to see him develop more pace but he swings the ball quite well, which has been his main weapon.

Same goes with Pathan
its rana and not raina

Do we really need to compare all the players to each other? They're all great and this is gonna be a great series if they all perform.

I agree that Rana is a great bowler for the Pakistan team. He is an unconventional bowler and no one would have expected him to make it to the international ranks when Pakistan had its eyes set on bowlers with real pace.

Indian bowlers can take a leaf out of the Pak bowlers' books. They bowled a lot of slower balls and yorkers in the test series in the England tour and it reaped rewards for them. No one else in the sub-continent uses yorkers as well as them.

Pathan and Zaheer(if picked) especially need to practice yorkers as they have a tendency to stray down the leg-side when they bowl one. It can be a handy weapon when the batsmen start to get comfortable at the crease.

Especially if they can get it to swing late.Extremely hard to play,used well by the best bowler in the world.
Rana was impressive against England and should pose a real problem to the Indian Batting line-up.They had trouble with the Sri Lankan bowlers so it would only be logic that it will be a tough series for India's batsman.

Dhoni said:
Didn't I say I?m better than Ganguly to just demonstrate that he's a terrible batsman at the moment? Vibs couldn?t you read what I typed in the previous post?
Yes! I am preet! Do you have any problem with that, sir? If you do then come and chat privately on MSN or AIM, if you want to discuss about this farther. Now, let?s not carry and talk about it here because this thread is only for Ind vs Pak not for your own personal crap.

Sai, you'll be cursing at the selectors! Believe me Ganguly will not be picked!

If the reason is valid, I wouldnt curse them! Mind you, I am a Ganguly fan but a realistic fan who places the team ahead of him!

Strangely enough everything started when someone on the thread mentioned 'lets not have a Ganguly flare-up here'

What is it about his name that gets everyone's blood boiling?

16 Men Squad Annouced !!!

Ganguly makes the cut

Sourav Ganguly has been included in India's squad for the forthcoming Test series against Pakistan, starting early next month. The selectors also decided to recall Zaheer Khan, the left-arm seamer, after a three month absence while there was no place for Mohammad Kaif and Murali Kartik, the left-arm spinner, in the 16-man squad. Parthiv Patel was named as the second wicketkeeper while Wasim Jaffer retained his place as the third opener.

Squad for Test series
Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Wasim Jaffer, Rahul Dravid (capt), Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar, Harbhajan Singh, Parthiv Patel (wk), Rudra Pratap Singh, Zaheer Khan, Anil Kumble

Yes Ganguly is back and finally makes the cut. Budt sadly VRV Singh and Mohammad Kaif didn't make it. I expected VRV Singh to comeback but didn't. And by the way they shouldn't have dropped Kaif. He's such an excellent feilder and defensive batsmen. Also the 2nd wicketkeeper Patel is back. Zaheer Khan is back with action now. So watch out guys!!!

What's the need for the 2nd keeper?
If Dhoni gets injured ..then Dravid can keep.
They could have had kaif instead of Parthiv Patel.
Atleast he would save 20-30 runs for India

I'd like to see Kaif,Raina,Venugopal Rao,Gambhir + Kumble in the ODI squard

Parthiv will be a tourist, they could have included another seamer or M.Kaif,which would have been more beneficial.

Last edited:
I dont see whats the point of picking another keeper.......Kaif is just has good a batsmen has Parthiv.

Parthiv! Great to see him back! Like I said, in the future(5 years from now) he should be able to make the team on his batting alone. But why drop Karthik! :(

ZoraxDoom said:
Parthiv! Great to see him back! Like I said, in the future(5 years from now) he should be able to make the team on his batting alone. But why drop Karthik! :(

Karthik is not is not a good bowler on foreighn tracks.

I dunno about Karthik the bowler, i'd like to know wat Karthik the keeper did wrong?
Sad for Kaif but he had 2 chances in Ahmd test and failed. Tought Luck.
Zaheer and Sourav back!
Good call by selectors and thankfully they have stopped calling Sourav an allrounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread