India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinesh Karthik is not in the best of form. his form is bad, in the domestic season. Parthiv has played really well in domestic cricket, in the current/last season. So he deserved his place. Karthik is unfortunate but i'm sure he'lll get back soon!

vibs89 said:
Agree with you. At the moment Rana is better than Pathan but not in overall. Pathan has more deliveries than Rana has. He's practicing and learning to just try to get in proper line and lenght.

More Deliveries! YOu have not seen Rana, anyone will say that he has the most vareity as a Fast Bowler. He has 3 fricken' slower deliveries. :D

Pak_cricketer said:
More Deliveries! YOu have not seen Rana, anyone will say that he has the most vareity as a Fast Bowler. He has 3 fricken' slower deliveries. :D
Ok dude. It looks like you're a big fan of Rana. Now, let?s not discuss about Rana or Pathan here. They're both good bowlers! We'll see how well they will perform. Now claim down.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!! What a lovely decision! Bull's eye!

All three important selections which were made were been expected by me and it has happened!! Oy Dada, this is the opportunity that you badly need! Pakistan in Pakistan, Akthar at his best, the team on a good rise!!! Score big runs here and then just dont even let the selectors think abt dropping you! This is a make or break series in a sense that if you score big here, you are permanent! If you dont, then all hopes lost on U!

Zaheer - Expected even earlier! Good comeback! Hope he doesnt have those alleged attitude issues anymore! Is in good form, a good fast bowler and can definitely trouble batsmen!

Parthiv Patel - Didnt I tell abt this yesterday? Very good selection! Those who dont follow domestic cricket wont know! Parthiv Patel has improved a lot on his wicketkeeping in domestic cricket and his batting has really come on leaps and bounds! He can definitely make a good back up for MS Dhoni!

All in all, very very happy with this team! The best possible squad selected! I dont expect Saurav to play every match but at least he is there and will give options for Dravid!

ah, i say we could try opening with Patel and Jaffer. Its worth a shot. Its an okay decision. GO DADA!!! I guess my previous sig made a point! :D

Can someone explain what these Grades are supposed to mean?

...why is Dhoni in Grade B?

Last edited:
Pak_cricketer said:
Grades, are the player saleries. Grade A would get the most money. So It's like Pathan got a promotion.

Oh ok, thanks.

prarara said:
Can someone explain what these Grades are supposed to mean?

...why is Dhoni in Grade B?
Dhoni is only in Grade B because he's only starting his good form(?) ( i guess...)

Cricketman93 said:
ah, i say we could try opening with Patel and Jaffer. Its worth a shot. Its an okay decision. GO DADA!!! I guess my previous sig made a point! :D

Why have Patel when Dhoni is batting so well? Patel is merely a back up and comes into the XI only in case of an injury to Dhoni! Dhoni doesnt need rest now. He is still very young and can continue playing!

If at all they think of tinkering the opening slot, they would think of opening with Ganguly-Sehwag! They have experience of opening in the ODI's. So Ganguly can play in the XI by opening or if Dravid decides to open!

According to the Grade contracts,

Grade A : Rs 80 lakhs per year - $177,246.04

Grade B : Rs 50 lakhs per year - $110,778.77

Grade C : Rs 30 lakhs per year - $66,467.26

Dhoni is in Grade B only because he has just started out performing! If he keeps up those performances, he will be upgraded to Grade A!

Last edited:
Cricketman93 said:
Dhoni is only in Grade B because he's only starting his good form(?) ( i guess...)

Also becuase It takes time to see if the player continues his form, or will he be another 1-2 year fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread