India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
rahulk666 said:
For all you Jaffer haters!!

Jaffer scored 162 in Ranji match yesterday...

Most of the players like Z. Khan, Jaffer, Laxman... turned up for ranji matches... but our prima donnas... Sachin, Sehwag, Ganguly... didn't care to get some match practise...

Ganguly of all should have turned up to play for Bengal to get some match practise... but he would have known that he would have not been able to score much there too...

Thanks. I am just like Shahid... we show up at opportune moments only.. :P

too much prejudice on ganguly...lol!

I don't think anyone hates jaffar, it was a surprise selection for many of us. If he performed well, he should get a chance. fullstop.

And Jaffer will play the first test in place of Gambhir... or atleast he should.

Unless Ganguly opens.

rahulk666 said:
For all you Jaffer haters!!

Jaffer scored 162 in Ranji match yesterday...

Most of the players like Z. Khan, Jaffer, Laxman... turned up for ranji matches... but our prima donnas... Sachin, Sehwag, Ganguly... didn't care to get some match practise...

Ganguly of all should have turned up to play for Bengal to get some match practise... but he would have known that he would have not been able to score much there too...

Thanks. I am just like Shahid... we show up at opportune moments only.. :P

To start with, the players do not need match practice. They have been playing very tight schedule of cricket over the past two months!

Even then, Sehwag and Gambhir have turned up for Delhi against Railways in the ongoing match! Just look into your facts before posting! Sehwag has scored 15 off 19 balls!

Regarding Ganguly I dont know, but Sachin and Dravid all dont need practice matches. All they need now is rest before starting for Pakistan! Simply, I find it amusing that people try to find chances to blame our senior players!

Who said Ganguly would not have scored against Gujarat? Are you an 'astrologer'?

furyfoxx said:
And Jaffer will play the first test in place of Gambhir... or atleast he should.

Unless Ganguly opens.

Yes! We want to see if Jaffer has it in him to be a good test player or if he is another domestic run glutton like Sridharan Sriram!

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
Who said Ganguly would not have scored against Gujarat? Are you an 'astrologer'?

Well you know so much then please explain why Ganguly is not playing in ranji matches when other players are playing? Ganguly has had enough rest between end of 2nd Test match against SL and now so he does not need rest... (Or may be he does... all those trips to Pawar and BCCI officials... lot of travelling... LOL)...

Why did Ganguly not play against Gujarat... as according to you (it seemed at least that) he would have ripped Gujarat bowlers apart...

(Sehwag was a mistake since I did not see the whole list of maches been played... thanks for pouncing on that! Kudos to you!!)

Last edited:
rahulk666 said:
Well you know so much then please explain why Ganguly is not playing in ranji matches when other players are playing? Ganguly has had enough rest between end of 2nd Test match against SL and now so he does not need rest... (Or may be he does... all those trips to Pawar and BCCI officials... lot of travelling... LOL)...

Why did Ganguly not play against Gujarat... as according to you (it seemed at least that) he would have ripped Gujarat bowlers apart...

(Sehwag was a mistake since I did not see the whole list of maches been played... thanks for pouncing on that! Kudos to you!!)

Ease up man! The story is that Ganguly wanted to to wait for the team to be declared for the Pak tour before he joined his Ranji team again.

Anyway the selectors made it clear that he must play the Ranji match against Gujarat which started today but by the time Pronob Roy could inform Ganguly it was too late for him to reach the match in time.

Ok anyone reckon he will play in the warm-up match in Pakistan?

cricket_lover said:
I don't think anyone hates jaffar, it was a surprise selection for many of us. If he performed well, he should get a chance. fullstop.
I don't think Jaffer's selection was a surprise. Gambhir failed for 3 consecutive innings and the selectors were looking for another opener... in case Gambhir was also a Ranji run-glutton...

Jaffer was performing incredibly in the domestic competition... out scoring all the openers in the domestic series... and hence he was picked. Its just a coincidence that he was from Mumbai and Pawar happens to be from Maharashtra...

furyfoxx said:
Ease up man! The story is that Ganguly wanted to to wait for the team to be declared for the Pak tour before he joined his Ranji team again.

Anyway the selectors made it clear that he must play the Ranji match against Gujarat which started today but by the time Pronob Roy could inform Ganguly it was too late for him to reach the match in time.

Ok anyone reckon he will play in the warm-up match in Pakistan?

Why does ganguly want to wait for the team to be declared... i dont understand... Selected or not... he should have played in the ranji match against gujarat...

Just read the umpires nomination. Hair will umpire in two Tests! (second and third) :mad :mad :gundown :gundown :getyou :getyou

And not to forget Koertzen too. (first and second). :shout :shout :gundown :cutit

ZexyZahid said:
Just read the umpires nomination. Hair will umpire in two Tests! (second and third) :mad :mad :gundown :gundown :getyou :getyou

And not to forget Koertzen too. (first and second). :shout :shout :gundown :cutit

Noooo! Stupid ICC. :cutit :cutit :cutit

Thank god, no Bucknor to terrorise the Indians!

rahulk666 said:
I don't think Jaffer's selection was a surprise. Gambhir failed for 3 consecutive innings and the selectors were looking for another opener... in case Gambhir was also a Ranji run-glutton...

Jaffer was performing incredibly in the domestic competition... out scoring all the openers in the domestic series... and hence he was picked. Its just a coincidence that he was from Mumbai and Pawar happens to be from Maharashtra...

Why does ganguly want to wait for the team to be declared... i dont understand... Selected or not... he should have played in the ranji match against gujarat...

Its Ganguly who decides whether he needs match practice or not! According to my opinion, its his choice to have match practice or not! He is in good form (40 and 39 in the Delhi test!) and that hundred and 5 wickets before the Delhi test for Bengal which paved the way for his selection into the team for the Sri Lankan tests!

So its he who decides whether he needs match practice! We do not know what he thinks of! He might be hoping for the warm up game in Pakistan to get himself acclimatised! we never know! but as of now, cant blame him!

rahulk666 said:

He probably thought he didn't have to. Its upto him. Why didn't sachin/laxman/dravid play? its just because they thought the won't need one. They'll need rest and just sum up all their ideas and focus on the tour.

Ganguly has done enough for now. both the media and some parts of the public make him a scapegoat.

I think the first test againts Pakistan Jaffer should be given an opportunity. Ghambhir failed 3 test which is equal to 5 innings so same as Shewag as failed too. And if Jaffer or Shewag fails then they should replace Ghambhir. And about the seamers in the first test I would go with Pathan( Obviously) , Zaheer Khan and RP Singh. Since they haven't tested out RP Singh againgst Sri Lanka he shoud be tested out in the first test against Pakistan. Then Agarkar should comeback in the 2nd test replacing Zaheer or RP Singh.

muhammad_inzi said:
did wasim jaffer played international cricket before

Yap he did play. But he failed consectively so he was lkicked out. But now he is back. Hopefully he will play good againts Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread