India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
younin will score another hundred
pathan lost his pace again but still consistant, we need a damn bowlin coach

Last edited:
Shoiab ???????? For me Pathan already is more useful han Akhtar or Malik (whoever u mentioned).
Not impressed by his bowling ?????? You would have missed the first session of the 3 rd match.
Calling Pathan better than Akhtar is utter rubbish.Its just like saying "Mohammad Sami is a better bowler than Malcom Marshall".He may've been more useful than Akhtar in this match but not when u consider their whole careers.

"He can be " sounds as if those guys are nothing.Well good knowledge has to be said about those players.
Comparing Pathan with Wasim/Waqar/Imran/Sarfaraz is just like comparing Sami/Asif/Zaheer with McGrath/Lillee/Hadlee.Pathan is a fine bowler but how the hell is he better than Wasim/Waqar/Imran/Sarfaraz?

Last edited:
Irfan was more useful than Akthar even in the 2004 India-Pakistan series .

aditya123 said:
Being better in one or two series doesn't mean that he is overall better than Akhtar.

Waiting for the new ICC rankings to see if they classify Irfan as an allrounder
If u want to consider the rankings only,then Akhtar's ranking as a bowler is much better than that of Pathan,both in ODIs & Tests & Akhtar didn't improve his ranking by taking loads of wickets against Bangladesh & Zimbabwe but Pathan did.So,where things stand now,Pathan can'tbe compared with a world class bowler like Akhtar.Compare Pathan with Akhtar when he shows the similar kind of performances against Australia & England also & maintains average & S/R better than Akhtar for sometime.

game is borin

no competition between bat n bowl

pathan's 69mph bouncer, younis still ducked :D

his last delivery 67mph

ganguly brought into the attack, his deliveries staying lower than usual

one more over then me off

my prediction b4 i go to bed....pakistan 412 all out, india 107 for no loss by stumps

Last edited:
Pakistan pretty much survived the fisrt session with no wickets fallen down. Good 50's by Younis and Yousuf.

Boring day till now! Pakistan piling it up easily! India need to do something!

Kumble has to be brought on!

Dean Jones says anything over 400 and India are out of this! Well, if the pitch aids turn from Day 4, that would be true. If not, even 450 will be gettable! And I dont care to allegations that we Indians think we can chase anything! Our batting line up is such that we can dream like that! But dreaming and delivering is sometimes different! Hope its not the case for this test!

I am off to bed. not interested in watching the day today! Hope by the end of the day what donkey predicted becomes true!

You get your wish saisrini and Kumble takes a wicket. If he takes more India could be in huge trouble. If Kumble can't threaten though I would say Pakistan would have to declear as I can't see India bowling Pakistan out, especially not if Yousuf stays in.

This match is going to be a draw. Now India won't be looking to win this one...too many runs...can't chase it.

aditya123 said:

And younis is more useful than Dravid and Tendulkar!!

So i guess Younis khan (which is indeed a mediocre batsman) must be better than the likes of Dravid and Tendulkar as he has done better in one particular series in 2004, and again in 2006!

Game Set and Match Pakistan .
We don`t deserve to win after letting a team set 245 runs after being 39/6 .

Draw is not on at all and winning is out of the picture chasing 600 runs in the last innings.
I backed us to get 450 runs but it has gone way out of hand now.

All I would like our batsmen to do is to bat resolutely without thinking about the runs put up by Pakistan and carry on thinking that it is the first innings of the test.
I would like all our batsmen to get into good rhythm before the ODI series especially Tendulkar.
Indian batting cannot be blamed in this series.
They played well in the first 2 tests under pressure and now if they can put up a decent show batting last, I would be happy .

aditya123 said:
Game Set and Match Pakistan .
We don`t deserve to win after letting a team set 245 runs after being 39/6 .

The pitch is plain dead now, ofcourse a win looks impossible as Pakistan will set up a score of 600 to win which won't be possible, but surely India can manage a draw??

I'm hoping India will bat out and will manage a draw, that should be good for most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread