India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very Very boring match. Pak already scored 500 runs lead. So no way India can manage to win but can only manage to draw the series. I agree with Aaditya they should play like first innign.

Last edited:
ronny_kingsley said:
Shoiab ???????? For me Pathan already is more useful han Akhtar or Malik (whoever u mentioned).

Not impressed by his bowling ?????? You would have missed the first session of the 3 rd match.

"He can be " sounds as if those guys are nothing.Well good knowledge has to be said about those players.

Waiting for the new ICC rankings to see if they classify Irfan as an allrounder
Not to take anything away from Pathan, but that hat trick came in a pacer's paradise. He needs to perform on tracks that aren't overtly helpful to his kind of bowlers before he can be considered world class. I would like to see him get 17 wickets against the series against Engand or get 5 wicket hauls against Australia.

I think he has the potential go past Akhtar sometime in the future, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done. As for Pathan being more useful than Akhtar, what have you been smoking? Even at times when Akhtar isn't taking wickets, he is bowling lethal bouncers setting the batsmen up for the other bowlers. This is what good bowlers do. This is what the destructive West Indies trio of pacers used to do. On top of that, he is starting to become the best tail ender for Pakistan in a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he became a batsman of Warne's quality in a few months or so. I don't think many people will agree to your statement about Irfan. Again, it was an awesome hat trick, but that doesn't make him a bowling great.

vibs89 said:
Very Very boring match. Pak already scored 500 runs lead. So now way India can manage to win but can only manage to draw the series. I agree with Aaditya they should play like first innign.
Its still Day 3 yes? If we get some of 4 and 5, yes I think we can draw...I was really hoping for a result; India could still win-I'm crossing my fingers.

The match is set up pretty nicely, why are you guys calling it boring cricket. We have had so many dismissals and some good batting in testing conditions, which are all contents of test match cricket. Just into the third day and everybody is predicting a draw. It will have a result imo, and at the moment I think in favour of Pakistan. These are the same Indian bowlers who were swinging the ball 6-8 inches in the 1st innings but they seem not so effective on the less supporting wicket now.

nightprowler10 said:
Very bad for test cricket though.
Not as bad as the last 2 tests . If India do manage a draw, it will be a very hard fought one but highly unlikely though.

It is getting so boring for an Indian fan that Arun Lal has started to talk about Kites (the bird) !

Last edited:
aditya123 said:
Not as bad as the last 2 tests . If India do manage a draw, it will be a very hard fought one but highly unlikely though.

It is getting so boring for an Indian fan that Arun Lal has started to talk about Kites (the bird) !

yeah lol ! earlier rameez and deno were talking about the risk of walking on roofs
and also birds :p

well.. why cant we be positive. the wicket is dead now and i dont see the pakistani bowlers getting any aid from it. if sehwag goes on at a decent pace, you never know.. india might win too :)

jk16_4 said:
yeah lol ! earlier rameez and deno were talking about the risk of walking on roofs

well.. why cant we be positive. the wicket is dead now and i dont see the pakistani bowlers getting any aid from the wicket. if sehwag goes on at a decent pace, you never know.. india might win too :)
you`ll see us getting a lot more positive if Sehwag gets a start !
You definitely will !

ATM, it seems as if we are back to Faisalabad or Lahore !

I heard that spinners might get some help on day 4 or 5 and if Danish can get in his rhythym, Pakistan might win...

Bilal91 said:
I heard that spinners might get some help on day 4 or 5 and if Danish can get in his rhythym, Pakistan might win...

There are no helpful footmarks whatsoever on this pitch so far! And the grass is holding up pretty nicely for the cracks not to appear at all!

Unless something dramatic happens, I cant see the pitch cracking up and aiding the spinners in a big way! Pakistan needs to get big turn to get India out as India can play spin well than anyone else. So they need the pitch to be cracking to get any real help!

Now I think Imran Khan's words might really come true! This match might end up to be a draw! But I dont see India winning it from here on! Definitely not!

If we draw this match, it would be a great escape for India who have just wasted a golden opportunity to win this series when they had Pakistan tied in knots at 39-6! I am terribly disappointed! But still, I wont say Pakistan have played better than India in this series! Both teams have played amazingly even cricket! No team has surged ahead of the other! It now depends on the indian second innings. If Pakistan can bowl India out, then they are the better team of the series!

aditya123 said:
you`ll see us getting a lot more positive if Sehwag gets a start !
You definitely will !

ATM, it seems as if we are back to Faisalabad or Lahore !

I expect Dravid this time to bail us out! He has done it various times. He, Ganguly and Tendulkar did it for India at Trent Bridge in 2002 against England! I hope they can do it again here! I dont have that much hope in Sehwag! He really hits only when its his day which comes in rare bursts!

jk16_4 said:

well.. why cant we be positive. the wicket is dead now and i dont see the pakistani bowlers getting any aid from it. if sehwag goes on at a decent pace, you never know.. india might win too :)

If Pakistan get all out early tomorrow and give India a total of 550 with 5 sessions to go! But still I dont see India trying to go for a win! They will play for a draw but in a more positive fashion as they know what happened when they went for a draw in a defensive fashion at Bangalore 2005 but lost it to Pakistan!

I would sum it up like this....As it stands now

Pakistan win - 50%
Draw - 40%
India Win - 10%

Overall it has been a boring series. But full credit to Ten Sports though, who have broadcasted it very well. Straight Drive has been an excellent show, where they focus more on the cricket. Also the guests, Geoffery Boycott, Nasser Hussain, Imran Khan and the others talk sense.

m_vaughan said:
I would sum it up like this....As it stands now

Pakistan win - 50%
Draw - 40%
India Win - 10%

Overall it has been a boring series. But full credit to Ten Sports though, who have broadcasted it very well. Straight Drive has been an excellent show, where they focus more on the cricket. Also the guests, Geoffery Boycott, Nasser Hussain, Imran Khan and the others talk sense.

I agree! Straight Drive is a really excellent show very well managed by our very own Sanjay Manjrekar

I agree with your percentage ratio regarding this match! Since the scoring rate has been excellent this series, an Indian win cant be ruled out in entirety!

Here is an interview of Greg Chappell after day 3

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakvind/content/story/235244.html

He still has some small hopes of India pulling it off here! He also feels the wicket has eased out considerably!

But Mr. Chappell, you're really right! We need a genuinely quick fast bowler or at least bowlers who can bowl much faster than our current lot! On docile wickets, you need quicker bowlers to somewhat trouble the batsmen! All our top bowlers are medium fast bowlers! We at least need fast medium bowlers! It wont be a bad idea to give Munaf or VRV a chance soon! Sreesanth, I think, is quicker of the current lot! He should be given more chances in the ODI's and should be reviewed for the England series!

Wahindiawah said:
The pitch is plain dead now, ofcourse a win looks impossible as Pakistan will set up a score of 600 to win which won't be possible, but surely India can manage a draw??

I'm hoping India will bat out and will manage a draw, that should be good for most of us.
I don`t know how everyone thinks that a draw is very possible.

A draw means India batting out close to 6 sessions.
If they do bat out 6 sessions , they`ll win this test !
If India score 4 an over for 2 days, they win this test.
It is not as easy as it sounds though.

Last edited:
aditya123 said:
I don`t know how everyone thinks that a draw is very possible.

A draw means Inia batting out close to 6 sessions.
If they do bat out 6 sessions , they`ll win this test !
If India score 4 an over for 2 days, they win this test.
It is not as esy as it sounds.

I dont think Pakistan would be declaring early tomorrow morning! I am sure they will play out another 20-25 overs and score around another 100 runs and set a marathon target of over 600 for India to win or even try to draw the match! Which will leave it to just 5 sessions! 600 in 5 sessions (25 over sessions since mostly the fast bowlers operate for Pakistan!) is really really tough! So batting out for a draw is not all that impossible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread