India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can move the ball. It is a little difficult to move a ball that has had its seam smashed out of it for about 40 overs. But his pace is definitely very, very questionable.

I propose the man of the series award be amended to a men of the series award and be presented to the curators of the pitches for these series, for having the greatest effect on the result.

Game looks over. Two down, dream start for Pakistan. Probably a touch late on the declaration and they may yet miss another bowler, but with this start, it might be all over before tea.

The difference between a Pakistan victory and any other result - India's lacklustre pack attack!

Cant they even use this new ball to good effect? Asif is getting great seam movement with this new ball!

Game set and over Pakistan! I dont see any hope here for India! Its all getting murkier!

aussie1st said:
Lol where did all the Indians saying they could chase anything go to? Not so easy to bat now is it :)

I am here still! I didnt say we could chase. I said we might!

But of course, blinded by our terrible pace attack's inability to get the new ball to do anything! We Indians really have a terrible pace attack!

muhammad_inzi said:
i like the shoaib delivery too that was awsome one.

Asif's delivery was the much better one! It was a terrific delivery!

I am highly impressed by Mohammed Asif! A great find for Pakistan!

indiancricketer said:
well im back on planetcricket...I think this game for the first time might be going somewhere...although india arent on top i think if pakistan can put up a total of 500 + india will be able to achive this too....the pitch is losing its play in the game...not much swing as before...but i think pakistan will bat out the hole day...i m excepting pakistan to make somewhere around 550-650...anything is possible...hope team india wins

This is the post I was talking about :laugh
I think he forgot that India's pace attack is not the same as Pakistan's pace attack.

saisrini80 said:
But of course, blinded by our terrible pace attack's inability to get the new ball to do anything! We Indians really have a terrible pace attack!

Sad but true, RP Singh looks to be the best of the quick bowlers. Khan has been in and out of the side and went missing in the 2nd inns like Pathan did.

Hoping for Sachin and VVS to save face.
That is all we can expect.
Dada can salvage his place in the side and so can Yuvraj .
Dhoni and Pathan should both show as much resistance as possible.

Sachin and VVS are the best 2 (bar Dravid who is out already) to bat for long periods. Especially VVS who has some massive double 100s. India need these two to stay in to at least day 5 and probably up to lunch on day 5.

aussie1st said:
Sachin and VVS are the best 2 (bar Dravid who is out already) to bat for long periods. Especially VVS who has some massive double 100s. India need these two to stay in to at least day 5 and probably up to lunch on day 5.
building castles in the air !
These 2 are looking decent at the crease though.

It is a great platform for the Little Master to prove his class.
It is not as if anyone is questioning his ability but he has to show that the recent run of poor scores was just an abberation .

If they can get through to tea today, the mood in the dressing room will start to get a bit better.

Last edited:
aussie1st said:
This is the post I was talking about :laugh
I think he forgot that India's pace attack is not the same as Pakistan's pace attack.

Sad but true, RP Singh looks to be the best of the quick bowlers. Khan has been in and out of the side and went missing in the 2nd inns like Pathan did.

No No! RP Singh has bowled terribly in this match! Even though this is his second test match, he was boosted by a good bowling spell at Faisalabad and also got the MOM award there! But he was plain terrible here as he was repeatedly guilty of pitching it short and giving free hits for the batsman!

The best bowler has been Irfan Pathan! Though he lacks pace, he bowled with guile. He mixed his slower deliveries well and bowled well. If he can add extra pace, he is a big asset to this Indian team!

Laxman and Sachin batted out till lunch well! Tendulkar looking superb with his shots! He has played a lot of shots so far and even though most of his shots found the fielders, he is looking SUPERB! If he goes on like this till the end of today's play, we will definitely see century No. 36 from the Master Blaster! I sincerely hope VVS Laxman gives him support! If these two bat out today without being seperated, then it would be AMAZING!

aditya123 said:
Hoping for Sachin and VVS to save face.
That is all we can expect.
Dada can salvage his place in the side and so can Yuvraj .
Dhoni and Pathan should both show as much resistance as possible.

Dont want to think of Dada now! Lets see how the current two go!

Of course, this would be Dada's best chance to cement his place in the side! No need of salvaging! Dada looks good to play in quite a few test series in the upcoming season! He looks good and determined to do well! He needs that big innings here to cement his place on a long term basis and instill faith in the minds of the team management (captain and coach)

aditya123 said:
building castles in the air !
These 2 are looking decent at the crease though.

It is a great platform for the Little Master to prove his class.
It is not as if anyone is questioning his ability but he has to show that the recent run of poor scores was just an abberation .

If they can get through to tea today, the mood in the dressing room will start to get a bit better.

Dont you think its time India seriously consider the option of a bowling coach? We are really weak in our bowling! The last time we had a bowling coach in Bruce Reid, our bowlers did really well in Australia and Pakistan in 2003-04. Why cant we consider it?

We have lots of competitions in India to select upcoming fast bowlers? But we are still not getting a genuinely quick fast bowler! Why is it so? I think they need to set the criteria for a much higher and consistent speed for the upcoming bowlers who are trying to make a breakthrough! They need to look for a bowler(s) who can consistently bowl it at 140-145kph! This is a serious concern! We cant win matches with this bowling attack! It puts a lot of pressure on the batsmen!

I agree India really should invest in a bowling coach as it has proved a success to the England team. They have s*** loads of money and if they don't look into a bowling coach than they are just plain greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread