India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowling Coach

kodos said:
I agree India really should invest in a bowling coach as it has proved a success to the England team. They have s*** loads of money and if they don't look into a bowling coach than they are just plain greedy.

True! But I wonder if it will make a big difference, because a bowling coach can't make these guys bowl faster.

Fast bowlers are not all about pace. Take a look at McGrath and Pollock, they bowled 140 km/h tops in their career yet they still manage to take wickets. Even nowadays Pollock and McGrath still manage to find the odd wickets with just gentle medium pace.

A bowling coach will most likely improve a bowler's technique and run-in. Therefore this will result in more pace and more accuracy for the bowlers. Take a look at how much Flintoff, Harmison and Jones have improved with Troy Cooley when he was their bowling coach.

saisrini80 said:
Dont you think its time India seriously consider the option of a bowling coach? We are really weak in our bowling! The last time we had a bowling coach in Bruce Reid, our bowlers did really well in Australia and Pakistan in 2003-04. Why cant we consider it?

We have lots of competitions in India to select upcoming fast bowlers? But we are still not getting a genuinely quick fast bowler! Why is it so? I think they need to set the criteria for a much higher and consistent speed for the upcoming bowlers who are trying to make a breakthrough! They need to look for a bowler(s) who can consistently bowl it at 140-145kph! This is a serious concern! We cant win matches with this bowling attack! It puts a lot of pressure on the batsmen!
Good point about the bowling.
A problem for us is that we are so good while playing at home that all our bowling problems get hidden by the victories.
Almost 90% of the ocassions Kumble and Harbhajan rip through batting orders and win us test matches time and again with the SG Test balls.

Same can be said about Pakistan`s batting. Some of the batsmen who look nothing short of Bradmenesque at home,look very ordinary abroad.

One thing that I do notice about the current Indian bowlers is that they all started being genuinely quick.

Zaheer was around 150kmh when he began.
Pathan swung the ball at around 142kmh when he began.
R.P.Singh was clocked aroung 143kmh as recently as the last series .

If it happens with one bowler, we can ignore the fact but this seems to happen with every Indian pacemen .
R.P.Singh looked quick during the recent ODI series against SA and SRL but
he barely touched 130 this series.

I think someone in the team thinktank should make notice of this fact.
Otherwise , even if we bring in Sreesanth,VRV Singh or Munaf Patel who all bowl around 145kmph, something similar could happen with them and they could end up being medium fast bowlers.

Sreesanth consistently bowls at 140kmh and the team management must give the young bowlers full license to bowl fast.
They might spray it around a bit but it would not be worse than what it is now. They are spraying it around anyway.

Iam really amazed by how much pace RP.Singh has lost in a month`s time .
And he has`nt suffered from an injury as Irfan and Zaheer have.

If you remember the 2003 world cup, Zaheer and Nehra bowler at average speeds of 142kmh.
Nehra`s fastest ball was 149kmh.

Another thing, we are really missing Balaji who swung the ball at a pace of 135-140kmh.
Balaji was a huge factor in our 2004 series win in Pakistan.

Last edited:
muhammad_inzi said:
what a delivery again man what a bowler.again middle stump and that stump gone far away.
more due to bad technique by VVS than a magic ball.

I wouldn't say Laxman can't understand Asif's deliveries. Asif is in tremendous form, I think. Especially since he is making the batsmen play every delivery, and the bounce is a little variable.

I expect to see Shoaib on soon to bounce Ganguly out. But Dada looks pretty good, for now.

Lollllzzzzzzzzzzz it may be the case as Yousaf against Pathan.... but now Yousaf has controlled and adjusted himself against Pathan very well ...

PakiFan said:
Lollllzzzzzzzzzzz it may be the case as Yousaf against Pathan.... but now Yousaf has controlled and adjusted himself against Pathan very well ...
And Pathan has lost about 10 mph of pace.

--------------------------
Amazingly thats the same score 74/4 as was in the first innings of India on stumps of day 2........ So i guesss that India will again make 238 all out :D :D
gr8 bowling by Asif.... He has also been absolutely brilliant in the 20-20 cup in Pakistan last year.... Since then i was waiting for him to come into action and i was sure that he will deliver something here...

There's the difference between a 1st day pitch and a 4th day pitch--hardly bounced off a length. A quick and resounding Pakistani victory looks like it'll come by the day's end, and this does not augur well for the ODI buildup from India's pov.

There you go Pakistan has the game on his card. India loss and I'll reckon it will be allout before tea. And I must say what a bowling by Asif. Very good bowling by Asif and I guess he will be the man of the match.

Two boundaries in an over by Ganguly! He is moving along faster than usual!

Shocking performance so far! Stunning bowling by Mohammed Asif! I am starting to become a fan of this bloke! Superb stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread