India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan grab Test Series 1-0
fireworks.gif

BACK TO BACK TEST SERIES WINS
What a performance by Pakistan, simply outplayed India in this match after being 39/6. No doubt M.Asif is the rising star of the future and hope he builds on his quality bowling. Pakistan are really on a roll and winning two test series is one hell of a performance. They brought England from number 2 to 3 and now did the same with India. They should now concentrate on the odis and try to carry their form overseas and produce results there aswell.

Well it wasnt as Pakistan overpowered India in the series. It was just that Asif and Razzaq bowled well in this match. Leaving those two there was nothing to choose between the two teams.

Also I think repurcusions of this series will sound in the Indian team for years to come.

I think Zaheer Khan will get a VRS soon and we might be seeing SreeSanth from the very first ODI.

Pace will be looked at by the managment ,so wont be surprised to see Munaf Patel after a good performance making it for England series.

Also congrats to Pakistani brothers for thier series win .

Last edited by a moderator:
hurray, we won. Pakistan have avenged their defeat and are looking good for odis. I think Pakistan are a better ODI team than a test team due to the quality allrounders. We should win the odis definitely.

ronny_kingsley said:
Well it wasnt as Pakistan overpowered India in the series. It was just that Asif and Razzaq bowled well in this match. Leaving those two there was nothing to choose between the two teams.

Also I think repurcusions of this series will sound in the Indian team for years to come.

I think Zaheer Khan will get a VRS soon and we might be seeing SreeSanth from the very first ODI.

Pace will be looked at by the managment ,so wont be surprised to see Munaf Patel after a good performance making it for England series.

Also congrats to Pakistani brothers for thier series win .
Just a single test defeat is not going to have too much repurcussions in the years to come!

CONGRATS TO THE PAKISTAN TEAM! They played the better of the two teams! Mohammed Asif stunned everyone! Its not easy to clean the stumps of Sehwag, Laxman and Tendulkar who are some of the best in the business!

@ nightprowler : Sure! go ahead and start the fan club for Asif! I will be the first one to join it!

ODI series - I have serious doubts! After all these predictions, I want to keep quiet for the ODI's. May the best team win!

Sreesanth gets to play all the ODI's, that is the first move that the team should make! He is quite quick and is importantly a right hander! Irfan, Agarkar and Sreesanth should spearhead our bowling attack in the ODI's with Harbhajan taking the spin reins!

Why shouldnt Ganguly be retained for the ODI's? He looks in good form now and his strike rate in this test match has been very impressive! I hope Rahul and Chappell consider it! Ganguly can be our Super Sub! He will be very useful!

sami ullah khan said:
hurray, we won. Pakistan have avenged their defeat and are looking good for odis. I think Pakistan are a better ODI team than a test team due to the quality allrounders. We should win the odis definitely.
I would say I back Pakistan to win the ODI's 3-2!

Pakistan are definitely the better ODI team!

Indiangod said:
Congrats to Pakistan, they fought brilliantly. Once Pakistan removed Sehwag and Dravid early India was always on the backfoot, I cannot believe this 39-6 and still won much to the joy of fans Pakistani fans.
The team did not have the bowlers to finish it, Indiangod! Unless we find some bowlers with better pace, this will always happen!

barmyarmy said:
Well done Pakistan. No denying it's a fine team but I wonder how they'll do on their travels.
That should be interesting to see! I think this Pakistan team resembles their Indian counterpart in many aspects except that they have faster pace bowlers!

I think they will do well abroad in bursts!

Ashish_Nehra said:
make GANGULY captain agian

throw out Greg or anyone who oppose DAda

:mad

Ok ok buddy! You make it like Greg has been responsible for this defeat!

There are many more people responsible! greg can only advice and give you practice and help you prepare for the match! He can do nothing else!

Dravid remains captain! He is a good captain! Even Inzamam had some losses early on and now he has gained experience and has matured as a captain! Dravid will do the same thing!

lol you are happy India lost, I am happy Pakistan Won, big difrence enit'.

Sachin_007 said:
Wateva happens, India is going to win ODI series....I M 100% SURE!!

Depends on these key areas imo.

Sachins form
Indias Paceman
Shoaib Akthar.

Shoaib87 said:
Lot of people were saying that the pitch has become very flat & its easy to bat on it now.Well,if its true,then what happened to the "strongest" batting lineup in the world that they've lost four wickets so early in their 2nd innings?

And for those who said "Pathan is better than all of Pakistani pacers":If he was more useful than any of his Pakistani counterpats,he would've helped his team to restrict Pakistan to 100 in the 1st innings after when they were 39-6 & performed in the 2nd innings when his team needed him to do so.

This Pakistan team is capable of beating any test playing nation of the world & they've proved it in recent times.I think the next series against Australia would be exciting to watch.
You need to stop commenting on what you think other people said. I don't think anyone here was stupid enough to claim Pathan was better than all of Pakistan's pace bowlers. Besides that, I think you have a personal vendetta against Pathan. As for Pakistan doing well overseas, I think you'll be conspicuous in your absence when they tour Australia, New Zealand or England.

Good job by Pakistan to clean up the Indian tail quickly. India will be terribly disappointed to lose this 1-match test series. They had all the opportunities to take control of the match and let them all go. I have no sympathy for them. Also, I don't think they should go about making drastic changes. We definitely need to look at pace bowling. Some of our top order batsmen also need to settle their technique.

I predict 4-1 to Pakistan in the ODI's. I believe they are a much better ODI team than India, and their confidence will allow them to walk all over us. If India had won this test series, I would have predicted 3-2 either way, but I think Pakistan's form and confidence, and skill, will take them the distance in the ODIs. I expect to see a lot of 300+ scores, especially after the pitches that were on view for the Tests.

Last edited:
zMario said:
Yay India lost :)

Now I have to find some quotes, of Indians saying what they'll do if India loses.

I feel you might not find such interesting 'n exciting quotes from Indians!

Anyways, good luck!

The ODI series will be a very different ball-game imo. M.Asif was Pakistan's secret weapon and his good bowling aided with the surprise factor enabled him to rip through the Indian lineup to get the win for Pakistan. Guys mentioned by some of the Indians like Sreesanth or Munaf Patel might be those surprise packages to add flare to the Indian bowling. The odis will certainly be high scoring games as sohumissra mentioned, looking forward to them.

Sureshot said:
Depends on these key areas imo.

Sachins form
Indias Paceman
Shoaib Akthar.

Not just on Shoaib Akthar! Mohammed Asif turned out to be the dark horse here in the tests!

Shoaib Akthar after his first test match against India where he took 8 wickets, hasnt been successful against them ever since! In his first test against India, he took 8 wickets. And then in 6 tests after that one, he took only 8 more wickets! He is hyped up too much against India and has failed so far!

sohummisra said:
You need to stop commenting on what you think other people said. I don't think anyone here was stupid enough to claim Pathan was better than all of Pakistan's pace bowlers. Besides that, I think you have a personal vendetta against Pathan.

Good job by Pakistan to clean up the Indian tail quickly. India will be terribly disappointed to lose this 1-match test series. They had all the opportunities to take control of the match and let them all go. I have no sympathy for them. Also, I don't think they should go about making drastic changes. We definitely need to look at pace bowling. Some of our top order batsmen also need to settle their technique.

I predict 4-1 to Pakistan in the ODI's. I believe they are a much better ODI team than India, and their confidence will allow them to walk all over us. If India had won this test series, I would have predicted 3-2 either way, but I think Pakistan's form and confidence, and skill, will take them the distance in the ODIs. I expect to see a lot of 300+ scores, especially after the pitches that were on view for the Tests.

yes, in fact no need for changes in the batting line up!

Our bowling needs a lot of thinking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread