India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
saisrini80 said:
Not just on Shoaib Akthar! Mohammed Asif turned out to be the dark horse here in the tests!

Shoaib Akthar after his first test match against India where he took 8 wickets, hasnt been successful against them ever since! In his first test against India, he took 8 wickets. And then in 6 tests after that one, he took only 8 more wickets! He is hyped up too much against India and has failed so far!

I would'nt say he failed, although he did'nt get so many wickets. Although being injured, he played this final test and his presence in the team adds a lot of pressure on the opposition. He bowled really tight spells and played a great role in setting up the batsmen for Asif. He is our bowling spearhead atm and he always plays a major role in the side as a senior player.

I though Shoaib led Pakistani Bowling very well.

You don't need to be taking wickets to be bowling well. I think Shoaib put a lot of pressure on one end, in effect 'softening up' the batsmen, and causing them to lose their head and their wicket at the other end.

Congrats to all the Pakistan Fans. Totally Outplayed and OutClassed India. A few points this series makes clear.
1.Pakistan is the No. 1 team in the Sub-Continent.
2. We already know their bowling is great, but their batting is invincible at home.
3. India's batting is Over-Rated and Over-Hyped. It's the same old story, before every tour they say "We (India) bat deep, we have this guy and that". Indian Batting is a "Flat Track Bully", who is devastated if the ball stands up to it by moving (seam or swing) even half an inch.

I am dissapointed, but well done to the Pakistani team for winning the test and series they played much better then us, and deserved it at the end. Well next up is the odis and I back Pakistan to win it 3-2, thier confidence is right up and certainly are a much better odi side then India.

India needs some decent bowlers! Pathan is ok, Zaheer is good, we missed Balaji, Harbahajan was expensive so too was Kumble, we need some decent fast bowlers who can bowl well at the death and take wickets when most needed.

Yuvraj showed some great fight, he was fighting even when the chips were down, Ganguly played well, Tendulkar just got a bit unlucky.

Razzaq realyl does love Karachi. He performed last time he played there and then again this time. Its good to see him back in the Pakistani team.
Well played by Pakistan, they were clearly the better team in this test. Asif surely must have shown he is way better than Sami. The bowling attack of Pakistan right now looks to be the best and could threaten any side.

As it is stated in the article, if he had made such a comment it is a violation of the ICC's code of conduct. Akhtar has been cleared alongwith Murali so no point making such accusations.

Today had to be one of the lowest moments for both India...and me. I woke up this morning to see the huge gaping hole in the Indian defeat, and promptly scored mediocre results on my Calculus Exams. I am sure I can bring up my marks in School, and hopefully India can pull on ahead on the ODI Series.

But I must say that Pakistan bowled beautifully; excellent work on both bat and ball ensured that they are the unquestionable champs in this battle, but I'm not going to count India out of the ODI Series. Pakistan :clap ...but I feel that if India can pull itself together-well let's just see.

Last edited:
Chappell has the guts to do it! Bravo Chappell!

Ok, I know one particular person is going to come here & ask me to prove that Shoaib Akthar chucks (i.e. Chappell's comment is true)! ICC's laws have been changed to avoid controversies. They are fed up with controversies and have amended it to appease others! Bishen Singh Bedi and Chappell are guys who dont swallow their words but put it out straight! In fact Chappell here has put it in a much more decent manner!

Chappell - Dont worry an inch about what the ICC will do! Let them do whatever they can! When you feel your team is not on the fair side, you have every right to speak what you feel! You're right in feeling that way and lot feel the same way but they dont speak it out because of the 'so called' stupid laws!

Is any of the ODI's being played at Karachi? I would like to spend one night of my day if it is indeed played in Karachi! I am not gonna watch all ODI's but if its played in Karachi, I will certainly watch it! I love Karachi matches!

According to Michael holding, on that show straight drive its baloney to say that theres something wrong with having hyper extension in your elbow...his reasons basically nuked the Indian medias theory.

..He mentioned the fact that another bowler has a greater hyperextension (more then 190 plus!) that also played in this game. His name is RP Singh. Apparently the Indian media failed to take notice of that, if they are that worried about it

saisrini80 said:
Chappell has the guts to do it! Bravo Chappell!

Ok, I know one particular person is going to come here & ask me to prove that Shoaib Akthar chucks (i.e. Chappell's comment is true)! ICC's laws have been changed to avoid controversies. They are fed up with controversies and have amended it to appease others! Bishen Singh Bedi and Chappell are guys who dont swallow their words but put it out straight! In fact Chappell here has put it in a much more decent manner!

Chappell - Dont worry an inch about what the ICC will do! Let them do whatever they can! When you feel your team is not on the fair side, you have every right to speak what you feel! You're right in feeling that way and lot feel the same way but they dont speak it out because of the 'so called' stupid laws!
thats really lame excuse,when England lost both the series,Did there coach made any statements over Shoaib after he picked up i think around 18 wickets or so :noway

saisrini80 said:
Is any of the ODI's being played at Karachi? I would like to spend one night of my day if it is indeed played in Karachi! I am not gonna watch all ODI's but if its played in Karachi, I will certainly watch it! I love Karachi matches!
yes the last ODI will be played at Karachi on 19th Feb

" Shoaib Akhtar finds making friends a hard task " - cricinfo

--
agreed , well said.

Last edited by a moderator:
saisrini80 said:

!

They are not stupid laws, it has been proven by medical science that guys like Muralitharan,Akhtar,Lee and RP Singh has hyperextention of elbow joint.

And how come Greg is now comming up with such claims?? why was he mute on the subject till now?? To accuse someone like Muralitharan after he has gone through all the test in Uni of western Australia is dumb and stupid.

Greg won't be able to do anything really, he should be worried about Indian team's performance and also the tamasha he has been making again and again on Ganguly issue

Shoaib87 said:
And for those who said "Pathan is better than all of Pakistani pacers":If he was more useful than any of his Pakistani counterpats,he would've helped his team to restrict Pakistan to 100 in the 1st innings after when they were 39-6 & performed in the 2nd innings when his team needed him to do so.

Noone said that Pathan is better than all Pak pacers, but he surely is a world class bowler.And to say that if he was usefull then he should have got Pak out to less than 100 is nothing but a laugh.IKP did his job well, he alone cannot get all ten Pak wkts, others too are also supose to contribute.

Well done Pakistan! We Really did well, everyone was a part of somehitng in this test. All of the bowlers got wickets and all of the Batsmen got runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread