India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoaib87 said:
No,I'm not jealous & I always appreciate the talent of Indian players but have to oppose when u guys post something which hurts the feelings of Pakistani suppoters,mine in particular.Saying "Irfan Pathan is better/capable of being better bowler than Wasim Akram" is just like saying "Faisal Iqbal is better/capable of being better batsman than Sachin Tendulkar/Rahul Dravid".Saying such things is an insult of legends & always souns stupid.I would've been very happy if u had said "Irfan Pathan is capable of being a very good/world class bowler",but not when u've starting comparing him straight on with legends of the game.

The story I posted about the fears is just a poem. Nothing else and I'm not saying Pathan is better then Wasim Akram I'm just saying that he will be in future. All I'm just predicting otherwise it' s nothinhg else.

durrani1 said:
I strongly agree with Shoaib...... may be Kaif has the ability to put him where J.Rhodes was... but not Yuvi his catching is good but ground fielding is still Average... Irfan Pathan needs another session of training from Was... or there is a great opportunity for him to learn most of the things from pakistani bowlers in Pakistan lots of bowlers are available here.... Ganguly was one of those players from India who performed pretty well and under pressure in the last test, but I heard he'll miss Odis.. Dhoni should perform regularly(on good pitches) to compete other hitters and stroke players

Above all every one was saying pakistan had fear losing match or series so thats why they did'nt prepare bowling supportive pitches in the first two tests so they are thinking negetively .... Tell me some thing if the first two test had the bowling supportive wickets then wht would have be the results ???????

If you do read my earlier post then why bother posting again. It's just a poem which I found the blog in other website so I felt like posting here. I'm just predicting tha they might break the world record.

I do that will all teams and in all sports.
As a critic, thats my job. I dont think anything that I have said is not true. I like to highlight things that others like to ignore.

ODI Squad Announced::

1. Inzamam-ul-Haq (Captain)
2. Younis Khan (Vice-Captain)
3. Mohammad Yousuf
4. Abdul Razzaq
5. Shoaib Akhtar
6. Shahid Afridi
7. Shoaib Malik
8. Kamran Akmal
9. Arshad Khan
10. Salman Butt
11. Naved-ul-Hasan
12. Imran Farhat
13. Faisal Iqbal
14. Umar Gul
15. Mohammad Asif
16. Yasir Arafat

Yeah, he just took two wickets, but he also bowled 21 overs and conceded only 56 runs with economical rate of 2.66. Pretty good for me in ODI's where runs matters.

I am looking forward to the pace attack of Razzaq, Asif, Akhtar and Rana. :) Even Gul can change things.

I think one spot will be eyed for is between Malik, Farhat and Iqbal. Since it's the ODI I would say give Malik a chance, since he can bowl also. And I think they will let Akmal open again.

m_vaughan said:
Why do Pakistan keep sticking with Arshad Khan?
BTW, i really agree with you. I would rather get Rana Naved in 11 squad instead of Arshad,

some one comparing Imran Khan and Wasim Akram with Irfan Pathan, mind you but , he can never be better then these two,

m_vaughan said:
Why do Pakistan keep sticking with Arshad Khan?
Because he is one of the best spinners that we have at first class level.He didn't get proper chances when he deserved to i.e in 1990s because even when Saqlain was in poor form,the selection committee was always pressurised by Wasim Akram,Moin Khan & few other senior players to select anyone but not Arshad Khan(And we didn't have any good spiners other than Arshad in FC cricket at that time) because they knew that if he performes,then the place of their friend (Saqlain) in the team would be in danger.

Pak_cricketer said:
You know what he did to England in the ODI's plus I think he has a relationship with someone in the team ;)
He is a friend of Inzamam-Ul-Haq but that doesn't mean he is in the team because of his friendship with the captain.He is a very economical bowler even on dead tracks & u need to have such players in ODIs.

Shoaib87 said:
Because he is one of the best spinners that we have at first class level.He didn't get proper chances when he deserved to i.e in 1990s because even when Saqlain was in poor form,the selection committee was always pressurised by Wasim Akram,Moin Khan & few other senior players to select anyone but not Arshad Khan(And we didn't have any good spiners other than Arshad in FC cricket at that time) because they knew that if he performes,then the place of their friend (Saqlain) in the team would be in danger.

He is a friend of Inzamam-Ul-Haq but that doesn't mean he is in the team because of his friendship with the captain.He is a very economical bowler even on dead tracks & u need to have such players in ODIs.
With all due respect to Arshad Khan, seeing his name in the Pakistan bowling lineup will be a welcome relief to them.
England might have not scored heavily against him but India will be a different challenge.

Did Shoaib Malik play the England ODIs ?
If Malik plays in the XI , why do you ned Arshad Khan ?
Malik is a better bet than Arshad because of his batting and he has a decent record against India in ODIs if Iam not wrong.

I tell you, he`ll (Arshad) get clobbered by Dhoni and Co. .
Dhoni did not spare Murali and Chandana and I do not expect Arshad to get away if he plays.

My Pak XI

S.Butt
Kamran Akmal
Md.Yousuf
Inzy
Younis Khan
S.Malik
S.Afridi
A.Razzaq
S.Akthar
M.Sami
Rana Naved Ul Hasan
Yasir Arafat/Md.Asif

Last edited:
vibs89 said:
If you do read my earlier post then why bother posting again. It's just a poem which I found the blog in other website so I felt like posting here. I'm just predicting tha they might break the world record.
I know it was posted by sheerindianspeed on this forum & he is considered to be a flame baiter who is always abusing Pakistan & Pakistani players.Would u like to be amongst the flame baiters by posting comments of such guy on this forum or u post on that forum as "sheerindianspeed"?

durrani1 said:
Above all every one was saying pakistan had fear losing match or series so thats why they did'nt prepare bowling supportive pitches in the first two tests so they are thinking negetively .... Tell me some thing if the first two test had the bowling supportive wickets then wht would have be the results ???????
Frankly, we cannot really tell what the results of the first two games would have been, judging by simply this match. India could have well taken early wickets and this time finished the job off. There's no point hypothesizing on that which will never happen.

usy said:
some one comparing Imran Khan and Wasim Akram with Irfan Pathan, mind you but , he can never be better then these two,
What other news do you have of the future? Can pigs fly? Has the spirit to immortality been discovered?

sohummishra said:
India could have well taken early wickets and this time finished the job off. There's no point hypothesizing on that which will never happen.

This isnt the first time that India have blown away the advantage after a good start. India's bowling is at fault here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread