India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
,anyway that was off topic :p .

so change the poll someone ?

Last edited:
prarara said:
...well I agree. ;) . But, I'm never giving up on India; we were unlucky, we could've been in a superb position but wasted the chance. Yet, it takes a good team to put itslef in a match-winning position just like it takes a good team to pull a victory out of the jaws of defeat.

I agree you guys were unlucky .... the unlucky part that consisted of 341 runs that is a bucketsss loadss of luck, but I am still with you that you guys were unlucky if you say so.

shah_Ji said:
I agree you guys were unlucky .... the unlucky part that consisted of 341 runs that is a bucketsss loadss of luck, but I am still with you that you guys were unlucky if you say so.

Unlucky and lazy. We need some of the fighting spirit back. Expect a good ODI series!

To me it seemed like Indian bowlers just gave up before the game was finished and they looked very tired and of course they were lazy.

I hope it will be a good ODI series. I know one mistake from either team could cost them the match it will be very competitive.

shah_Ji said:
Advice to India ....Old is gold but not in case of Indian cricket so get rid of Sachin Ganguly and get some fresh blood your team will improve they are dragging you guys way down....

And as a Pakistani fan I am really disappointed in them for winning by 341 and not 344 that would be the worst defeat of India but I guess I can live with that eh :D

Even after batting better than many other batsmen, you want Ganguly dropped?

sachin should be rested for sometime not for physical reasons but to give him a break to re-discover his form! and if the replaced player performs well, then sachin should be made to wait for his chance to get back into the playing eleven! he should be treated the same way as ganguly is!

i have not lost hope in sachin striking good form, but if you can treat ganguly that way, why not sachin? or even laxman? even though laxman has good scores in recent times, he has some flaws that easily leads to his dismissal against good opposition! He is vulnerable to the incoming ball! he is a slow mover btw wickets and on the field. already we have zaheer and ganguly who are slow movers on the field. why add laxman to that list?

prarara said:
...well I agree. ;) . But, I'm never giving up on India; we were unlucky, we could've been in a superb position but wasted the chance. Yet, it takes a good team to put itslef in a match-winning position just like it takes a good team to pull a victory out of the jaws of defeat.

as said, our bowlers dont have the skill to nail down the opposition after getting itself into winning situations!

One more thing that goes against India is the relationship between coach and players I guess Chapel doesn't get along with many of the Indian players he does have attitude problem and thinks of himself as a superior to all the players (lack of respect)..

This factor has severely impacted the team India's spirit.

shah_Ji said:
One more thing that goes against India is the relationship between coach and players I guess Chapel doesn't get along with many of the Indian players he does have attitude problem and thinks of himself as a superior to all the players (lack of respect)..

This factor has severely impacted the team India's spirit.

Its easy to point out problems when a team loses!

I dont think Chappell is the type of person who has any personal vendetta against any player! Yes, we hear a lot of stories in the media and who knows what is true and what is not?

We heard Chappell did not want Saurav for the Karachi test! In a way, his point of view is valid. We could have had an extra seamer in Agarkar and that might have blostered our bowling which was extremely ineffective in this match!

Most of these players have played internatonal cricket for a long time and I am sure they would be professional individuals to put personal conflicts to the backburner and focus on the job with a united mind!

ZexyZahid said:
If you want some action, read some comments in the England in Pakistan Thread. Especially after when Pakistan won the Test series and ODI series.

Even this thread had some action earlier! But once the series started, not much of fights here as shah_ji wants to happen!

siddharth2002 said:
I think Pakistan is winning this one as they are in much better shape thna India. India is doing well because they are playing against club-level SL. Just look at their performance against SA recently and you will get my point.

I looked from the start and this is the first person who had the right prediction. So the astrology sites worked out for you? :clap

saisrini80 said:
Even this thread had some action earlier! But once the series started, not much of fights here as shah_ji wants to happen!

Maybe I missed them, or maybe I don't take some incidents that highly. I hope it will be clean just like now a bit. Really don't want to respond to some garbage posts like the series of Pakistan vs England.

sohummisra said:
This is gonna be hot stuff. Lets again make this thread the most popular at PC.

About 850 posts more and we will leapfrog the Ashes thread. :cheers

That should be no problem. About 75% of the way there already, with 5 ODI matches to go. I don't think Tendulkar should be rested to discover his form. And its not like he is not in form. His problem is that he can't stay long enough at the crease. While he is there, he looks mostly brilliant.

LETS MOVE TO THE ODI SERIES!

Who all think Virender Sehwag should be made the Super Sub in order to have Suresh Raina in the XI? I think yes because if Suresh Raina is made Super Sub, he cant field when India fields. Raina is our best fielder and he should be a permanent guy in the XI and Sehwag should be our Super Sub! We dont require Sehwag, the part timer as we have a far more experienced part timer in Tendulkar who has more than 100 wickets and we have Raina who can bowl and also Yuvraj who can bowl!

Sehwag should be our Super Sub if India elect to field first!

saisrini80 said:
LETS MOVE TO THE ODI SERIES!

Who all think Virender Sehwag should be made the Super Sub in order to have Suresh Raina in the XI? I think yes because if Suresh Raina is made Super Sub, he cant field when India fields. Raina is our best fielder and he should be a permanent guy in the XI and Sehwag should be our Super Sub! We dont require Sehwag, the part timer as we have a far more experienced part timer in Tendulkar who has more than 100 wickets and we have Raina who can bowl and also Yuvraj who can bowl!

Sehwag should be our Super Sub if India elect to field first!

Totally agree with you. We should have Raina he's our future player for India.

There is an article in today`s Times Of India called `Endulkar` questioning whether Sachin has lost his touch and whether he will ever be able to regain his form.

I`ll tell you, many other greats have suffered from form slumps worse than his and have regained form .
Brian Lara started off his Australian tour 2005 with a run of single digit scores
4,1,0 (Superseries ODIs ) , 0,23(Supertest) and scores of (36,30,14,13,42,17)
before his big double hundred at Adelaide.
Did the Windies think of dropping him ?

It is not as if Sachin has looked out of form.
He has looked in brilliant form for the while he has been batting.
If you have a look at both his innings at Karachi, they`ve had a few vintage Sachin boundaries in it.

He is facing a sort of a problem Sehwag faced in the recent ODI series , getting out in the 20s and 30s many times.
He scored 22,109,17,22,19 against Sri Lanka and 13,21,26 in Pakistan which means he has been getting set for a big one but loses his wicket after getting set.

He`ll get out of this mess sooner rather than later and we need to keep faith in him.
It wont be long before we see a big score as m_vaughan said .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread