India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Up

prarara said:
But, I'm never giving up on India; we were unlucky, we could've been in a superb position but wasted the chance.

I am giving up on India's Slowers (can't call them Pacers) Zaheer, Agarkar, and Pathan even before the ODIs start. I can't see them doing much. It's all upto India's batting as usual.

aditya123 said:
There is an article in today`s Times Of India called `Endulkar` questioning whether Sachin has lost his touch and whether he will ever be able to regain his form.

I`ll tell you, many other greats have suffered from form slumps worse than his and have regained form .
Brian Lara started off his Australian tour 2005 with a run of single digit scores
4,1,0 (Superseries ODIs ) , 0,23(Supertest) and scores of (36,30,14,13,42,17)
before his big double hundred at Adelaide.
Did the Windies think of dropping him ?

It is not as if Sachin has looked out of form.
He has looked in brilliant form for the while he has been batting.
If you have a look at both his innings at Karachi, they`ve had a few vintage Sachin boundaries in it.

He is facing a sort of a problem Sehwag faced in the recent ODI series , getting out in the 20s and 30s many times.
He scored 22,109,17,22,19 against Sri Lanka and 13,21,26 in Pakistan which means he has been getting set for a big one but loses his wicket after getting set.

He`ll get out of this mess sooner rather than later and we need to keep faith in him.
It wont be long before we see a big score as m_vaughan said .

Yeah I know I've read this in Indiatimes too.

I think Sachin should retire now...there r two negative things that he can't play nemore...and somehow blockin new players career...i agree he is tryin his best....and in the last test match i think he was playin betta than evrybody in Indian Team...he was playin slowly and steadily..but then Asif is the bowler that he throw the lower ball and then sachin got out....

I strongly believe the supersub should be an allrounder. Therefore it minimises damage even when you lose the toss as you can use him as either bowler or batsman.

Also I cant believe this Tendulkar debate has gone so far. The last time he was under pressure like this, he rocked back into form in the first match of the Sri Lanka series with a 90 something. Underestimate this guy at your own peril!

I think all the criticism to some extent is good however, as it can really give the player a nice kick on the back side, and fire him up.

Times of India should be more bothered about India's bowling rather than Sachin Tendulkar.

Sachin_007 said:
I think Sachin should retire now...there r two negative things that he can't play nemore...and somehow blockin new players career...i agree he is tryin his best....and in the last test match i think he was playin betta than evrybody in Indian Team...he was playin slowly and steadily..but then Asif is the bowler that he throw the lower ball and then sachin got out....

Dont give up on him, he will be back, he has just got out from an injury. The same thing happened when Tendulkar had a dismal tour of New Zealand in 2002 and many people did'nt think that Sachin would do well in world cup 2003, a lot of people underestimated him, but Sachin just proved evreyone wrong, he played amazingly in that world cup and Sachin scored the most runs in that tournement. Caddick and Akthar underesitimated him, and they had to pay for it dearly, they had to swallow thier own words, Tendulkar put them to the sword. The game agaisnt Pakistan was a classic, just to show how Sachin can really be like agaisnt world class bowlers at his best. He will be back.

Last edited:
Indiangod said:
I dont think Tendulkars career is over, he just got a bit unlucky in the last test and before he got out Sachin was playing good. I expect a big knock from Sachin soon and Sachin will defo be back in the big time again. Sachin will be fired up when the world cup comes around and boy will it be a treat to watch, he will be back. One of his goals is to win the world cup for India and in his last world cup he will give it evreything.

Pakistan only won us 1-0 in the test series and nearly the whole of India treats the Indian team as of they lost to Pakistan 10 games in a row, pathfetic stuff from them and whats more they even say that Sachin should retire and Sehwag, Laxman and co should be out of the team, pathfetic stuff from some of the Indian fans,we cant win evrey game.

I disagree from you. The India media is right to criticize Indian team's performance, as its not about losing one match, its about how badly they lost the match!! On the pitch in which a world record was made by Pakistan team (top seven batsmen scored 7 50 + runs, the first time ever) the famed Indian lineup just crumbled in a very pathetic manner.

And i think Sachin is in decline, and that is very apparant BUT it doesn't mean that he's finished.I think he still have some cricket left in him, and even though we might not see the old Sachin again, we will still see some good knocks from him soon :)

Sachin_007 said:

He's not the player he once was, but i think he still has some cricket left in him.

Unless Sachin flops for 3-4 consecutive test series, he shouldn't be asked to retire.

And i sure Sachin will be back with a bank in ODI :happy

I think he played well in both innings but got out on better balls as most of the indian batsmen..... He will come back may be against England or Zimbabwe or Kenya or UAE or USA Or Bangladesh........ what ever the next series is.

m_vaughan said:
I strongly believe the supersub should be an allrounder. Therefore it minimises damage even when you lose the toss as you can use him as either bowler or batsman.

Also I cant believe this Tendulkar debate has gone so far. The last time he was under pressure like this, he rocked back into form in the first match of the Sri Lanka series with a 90 something. Underestimate this guy at your own peril!

I think all the criticism to some extent is good however, as it can really give the player a nice kick on the back side, and fire him up.

Times of India should be more bothered about India's bowling rather than Sachin Tendulkar.
The Indian media seems to be overhyping every defeat and success of the Indian cricket team because they do not have any other sport to increase their TRPs .
There are about 25 news channels (24hrs a day) in India and they want every bit of help they can get to be better than their rivals and hence all the hype and hoopla about Tendulkar being finished.

SUPERSUB STRATEGY
I don`t believe that the supersub should be an allrounder simply because you miss out on one part of the allrounders ability i.e he can either bat or bowl and not both which is like wasting your allrounder.

My theory is (especially in the subcontinent) `India`s SUPERSUB should always be a bowler` .
My explanation :

1.)Seldom do all 7 batsmen get a hit on the batting beauties in the subcontinent. 5 bowlers always will and it also provides the cushion if one bowler fails.
2.) If your supersub is a bowler and one of the bowlers in the XI get hit , you can bring in the supersub to hopefully minimize the damage.
3.) India have 6 batsmen,Dhoni and Pathan who can score big runs. So there is no sense in bringing in another batsmen as a supersub.

So, a bowler as a supersub will never get wasted.

Originally Posted by saisrini80
Even this thread had some action earlier! But once the series started, not much of fights here as shah_ji wants to happen!
I am just giving out my opinions if you think talking about Chapell hurts your feelings then I can understand that and I will not talk about this guy anymore happy.

I think in India's case, aditya's theory holds perfect. But for England, someone like Ian Blackwell or Alex Loudon (both can bowl and bat) would be nice options to have as supersub.

I think in the end you have to say that the rule itself should be edited so that teams can after all pick their supersub after the toss.

aditya123 said:
The Indian media seems to be overhyping every defeat and success of the Indian cricket team because they do not have any other sport to increase their TRPs .
There are about 25 news channels (24hrs a day) in India and they want every bit of help they can get to be better than their rivals and hence all the hype and hoopla about Tendulkar being finished.

SUPERSUB STRATEGY
I don`t believe that the supersub should be an allrounder simply because you miss out on one part of the allrounders ability i.e he can either bat or bowl and not both which is like wasting your allrounder.

My theory is (especially in the subcontinent) `India`s SUPERSUB should always be a bowler` .
My explanation :

1.)Seldom do all 7 batsmen get a hit on the batting beauties in the subcontinent. 5 bowlers always will and it also provides the cushion if one bowler fails.
2.) If your supersub is a bowler and one of the bowlers in the XI get hit , you can bring in the supersub to hopefully minimize the damage.
3.) India have 6 batsmen,Dhoni and Pathan who can score big runs. So there is no sense in bringing in another batsmen as a supersub.

So, a bowler as a supersub will never get wasted.

good thinking there aditya . So Agarkar can be the super-sub

aditya123 said:

How about tennis and Sania Miraza she is cute :D

aditya123 said:
I agree on that quote ...the Indian batting line is very powerful (aside from the recent defeat which can happen to any good team I still believe India has one of the best batting line). I would also vote for Agarkar as a SUPERSUB.

m_vaughan said:

Nope, i'd have it as your normal 11 (before supersub rule came in) then supersub is a batsman.

I would say it depends on what the captain decides to do if he wins the toss.

The captain should have his Super Sub depending on what he thinks the wicket is, etc. If its a batting beauty, he should have a batsman as a Super Sub because you need to have all 5 bowlers in the XI to increase any chances you have of either restricting the opposition to a low score or defending your target successfully!

If the wicket offers help to the bowlers, then he should have a bowler as a Super Sub. This is to ensure that you have all the batsmen that you need to score runs on a tough wicket for the batsmen!

Most probably we will have batting beauties for the forthcoming ODI series! So have a batsman as the Super Sub! And I feel India's Super Sub should be Virender Sehwag! This increases the Indian team's chances of restricting Pakistan's score in two counts that it gives us an additional 5th bowler and it also allows us to have Suresh Raina fielding along with Kaif, Yuvraj and Agarkar who are the quickest fielders in this Indian line up!

My final Indian XII

S.Tendulkar
MS Dhoni (or V.Sehwag if India wins the toss and get to decide what they want to do)
Suresh Raina
Md. Kaif
R. Dravid
Y. Singh
Irfan Pathan
Ajit Agarkar
Harbhajan Singh
Murali Kartik
RP Singh

Super Sub : Virender Sehwag

Wahindiawah said:
Unless Sachin flops for 3-4 consecutive test series, he shouldn't be asked to retire.

And i sure Sachin will be back with a bank in ODI :happy

I rely on Sachin to score a hundred or two in the ODI series against Pakistan!

I am sure he will silence his detractors soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread