India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see a lot of Dhoni shows in this ODI series. Come on India!!!!!!!!!!! Sachin is going to be the star in this series. He was unlucky in the test series and now nobody can stop the little master.

zMario said:
Going back to the supersub issue, I believe that the supersub SHOULD be opposite to the pitch.

For example, let's say its a flat track (no surprises there) , and the XI is :

(Pakistan)

Butt, Akmal, Younis, Yousuf, Inzy (Or Middle Order Batsman), Malik, Afridi, Razzaq, Rana, Shoaib, Asif.

Now, with that line up, we lose the toss. India bat (DUH!)

Why people are saying add another bowler, making rediculous line ups (FIVE BOWLERS!?) I have no idea.

My theory with the super sub rule, is that you should be reinforcing your team, instead of taking a chance, . It is negative thinking, yes, but think about it. India would always bat on that surface. With an extra batsman as the super sub, we have reinforcement to chase that large total India may make.

My point : Plan the supersub, for the case if we LOSE the toss, not win. If we win the toss, (YAY!) then obviously, you're gonna make a ton of runs, no need for a super-sub, and give your bowlers the confidence they can easily bowl the opposition out.
I forgot to say, anybody wanna add anything to this?

Dhoni said:
Can't wait to see a lot of Dhoni shows in this ODI series. Come on India!!!!!!!!!!! Sachin is going to be the star in this series. He was unlucky in the test series and now nobody can stop the little master.

May b...Little Master Blaster gotta do somthin...yo Cricket Astrologer how do u know that he is going to b successful in ODI...Still, i love Sachin Tendulkar as a playa....

Dhoni said:
Leave a bit of grass on the wicket and Dhoni becomes as effective as a tailender.

Respect

muhammad_inzi said:
no one got respect for ganguly.

That's sad. India won some amazing series under him. He's lot better in ODI's than Test Cricket right now.
Chappell's allegations damaged his credibility a lot. I am afraid those allegations are true.

Scribbller said:
Leave a bit of grass on the wicket and Dhoni becomes as effective as a tailender.

That might be the case with most batsmen in the sub-continent. Only Inzi and Tendulkar have proved their mettle 100% on difficult wickets.

s2sschan said:
That's sad. India won some amazing series under him. He's lot better in ODI's than Test Cricket right now.
Chappell's allegations damaged his credibility a lot. I am afraid those allegations are true.

That might be the case with most batsmen in the sub-continent. Only Inzi and Tendulkar have proved their mettle 100% on difficult wickets.

you forget to add kamran akmal

m_vaughan said:
Salman Butt scored a hundred against Australia in Australia, so we know he can bat.

he also made 1 hundred against england and two centuries against india in one day cricket last year

The whole point of me giving that example was to show that he has also scored runs outside the subcontinent on pitches that arent as easy to bat on as in India or Pakistan.

m_vaughan said:
The whole point of me giving that example was to show that he has also scored runs outside the subcontinent on pitches that arent as easy to bat on as in India or Pakistan.

ok i got it :cheers

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/match/226356.html

here are asif figures against englandf he boweled 7 overs and just gave 14 runs and got two wickets but sad pak lost that match alot of people are copmpering with him glenn mcgrath buit i think its too early to compare with him

Scribbller said:

At the same time, the grass leave top Pak batsmen reduced to kindergarten kids!

india fast bowlers does not have speed do i call them fast bowlers or spinners
afridi can bowl faster than your all indian bowlers
what a shame
thats why they strugle to get pak out twice

you need to have faster bowlers like pak or aus to win matches on grassy pitchs

feel sorry for dhoni brown hairy guy he was clearly strugling to hit a six on grassy pitch he thought that its lahore flat pitch where i am gonna hit sixes all over the park

afsoos... tue

india whole media is crying now
they said pak made bating paradise pitches for their self because they are scared of loosing from india ha ha .................... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wahindiawah said:

india was lucky that they won the toss in important game believe me if pak was bowling first then akthar razzak and asif could have got all india ten wickets only in 10 over

Last edited:
s2sschan said:
Wahindiawah said:
who is talking about making a very green pitch, just a little bit of grass, take day 4 for example it was a fairly dead track with just a wee bit of movement for good fast bowlers, notice the word good and Dhoni did look like a tailender.

Scribbller said:
Dude, your Pakistani batsmen scored that many runs because our bowling was crap. I saw the whole match. The Pakistani bowling was really good on day 4 and through out the match and I'll say any good team would have struggled there. Asif was awesome and he was swinging the ball 8-9 inches with very good line and length. Our bowlers only swang the ball on the first day till lunch after that they bowled really crap with no pace. Even, Bangladesh would smash them and I'm not joking. And, Dhoni did not bat like a tailender. You should have seen those 4 boundaries that he hit were quite beautiful and he's improving with his technique as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread