India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karthik is on the verge of scoring a century against Mumbai from a little more than 111 balls. He may have had some forgettable innings right before the selection process, but I still feel that he was a better option than Parthiv. Kartik took eight wickets in the loss against Delhi and Jaffer scored 162 against T.N.

Last edited:
Nicely done pal. Managed to spell the names right! :)

Liek I said, Karthik isn't bad....

Last edited:
WOW...Danish Karthik 98 off 111 balls and there is one six too. That means he can play big shots too. He's playing beautifully under pressure.

sohummisra said:
Pakistan has very talented blokes but I don't think anyone is really that consistent (apart from the big guns like Inzy, Youhana, etc.). That said, it's the drop-in-the-pond innings that win matches. The Indians will definitely have a tough time dismissing the Pakistani batsmen, but I don't think the Pakistani bowlers (and fans) should expect India's batting to crumple just at the thought of the [over-?]hyped Pakistan bowling line-up and the bowling pitches. It'll definitely be a struggle for both teams which will make for really good cricket.

I think someone also made a comment about Dhoni's lack of technique. I would like to disagree with that comment. Dhoni plays almost his whole innings completely straight down the ground. When he just comes in, he plays almost everything with a straight bat. What undoes him is his aggression. But I don't think his technique is all that bad.
I'd still prefer Kartik in the test side over Dhoni. Kartik can also bat agressively and also has a solid defence unlike Dhoni. Dhoni is an ODI player not a test player. Wait and watch during the Pak tour and everybody will know. Sadly Patel has been selected over Kartik from nowhere, the BCCI is in shambles, again!!!!

I think Parthiv Patel was selected in the team because of his good domestic season and his good showing with the bat in Pakistan last time around.

I have a feeling that if Dhoni fails in the first match then Parthiv Patel will come in to the team not just as wicket keeper but as an opener. This Indian team has been trying out new things and coach Chappell may very well try sending Sehwag in the middle order with Jaffer/Gambhir and Parthiv Patel opening for India.

siddharth2002 said:
I'd still prefer Kartik in the test side over Dhoni. Kartik can also bat agressively and also has a solid defence unlike Dhoni. Dhoni is an ODI player not a test player. Wait and watch during the Pak tour and everybody will know. Sadly Patel has been selected over Kartik from nowhere, the BCCI is in shambles, again!!!!
How could you say with so confidence that Dhoni will fail? You never know he might get the man of the series award!

mohsinshahzad84 said:
i think india should not get over confidence with its very over hyped batting line up.and only time can tell what will happen. so till now its even in test matches but in ondayers has pakistan has better chances of winnig.

I think that fans of both parties 'over-hype' their own line-ups. When Pakistan took on England in the test series, England was second in the Test Rankings...and they lost. When India took on Sri Lanka in the ODI series, Sri Lanka was second in the ODI Rankings...and they lost. To these resuts, it is expectable that both sides would laud their respective team's performances, and all we can really conclude is that the matches will be close.

Ten Sports is not a UK channel, so they can't be showing it in the UK. It is probably SET Asia or Ary or both.

There's no schedules that I can find, but an advert on the ARY Digital website confirms that they will be showing the series in the UK. So there you go.

siddharth2002 said:
KARTHIK
I warned you all! Negative Rep for you!!!

I agree btw. Thats exactly my point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread