India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sehwag and Gambhir are seeking permission from BCCI to leave India one day later to Pakistan as they want to participate in Ranji match against Karnataka. Good to see players wanting match practise ahead an important tour unlike some (you know who) who don't care.

Well done, Gambhir and Sehwag! India needs more players like you.

Im hoping jaffer gets a look in the first match. He's in great form!!!!
@Sai: Dravid opening? He always says that he finds it uncomfterble at the very top! I still say he should be one-drop. Laxman should stick to 5 or 6.
My line-up

Sehwag
Jaffer
Dravid
Sachin
Sourav
Laxman
Dhoni
Pathan
Harbajan
Kumble
Zaheer
12th man:Agarkar/ RP Singh

This would be my side for the first test :

Virender Sehwag
Yuvraj Singh
R.Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS.Laxman
Sourav Ganguly
M.S.Dhoni
I.Pathan
Z.Khan
Anil Kumble
R.P.Singh (picked ahead of Agarkar because I feel he is a different sort of bowler to Pathan and Khan . The surprise factor could do it for India . Also, h extracts good bounce)

Imran Khan has said that Pakistan are huge favorites to win this series and has also gone on to say that they could in it easily if Inzy and Shoaib play every game .

I would like to disagree with the great man .
In Indo-Pak cricket, the past series is of no significance . England lost to Pakistan 2-0 but that does not ncessarily mean a cakewalk for Pakistan against India . If Iam not wrong Pakistan beat SA 1-0 and NZ in NZ 2-0 just before India toured Pakistan in 2004 .
India were expected to beat Pakistan easily in the tests earlier this year but it did not turn out to be so .

That is the beauty of Indo-Pak cricket .
`Expect the unexpected`

Interesting that we are picking teams for the first test before anything has been revealed (pitches/weather-wise). Sure, the PCB has asked for green and bouncy pitches, but you still gotta take a look at the wicket. I'm not sure how much success can be extracted by packing our XI with pace bowlers just because they are aided by the pitch. I'm not sure our pace bowlers are that good in exploiting the conditions.

Our spinners, on the other hand, perform well on bouncy pitches. Harbhajan picked up 10 wickets in the 3rd Test against the Lankans because the ball spun and bounced onto the gloves, all the time. Anyways, I'm gonna sit on my team, for the time being, and see how the pitch plays out.

The PCB have announced the Pakistan "A" team.

Pakistan A: Hasan Raza (capt), Imran Farhat, Mohammad Wasim, Faisal Iqbal, Asim Kamal, Bazid Khan, Zulqarnain Haider, Mansoor Amjad, Mohammad Irshad, Umar Gul, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Yasir Arafat.

Very strong team! The likes of Hasan Raza, Imran Farhat and Asim Kamal in the batting and Iftikhar Anjum, Umar Gul in the bowling! Very nice selection, but Gul should be in the final squad aswell.

Ganguly, Kumble. P. Patel have been asked to play Ranji ties by BCCI. Sehwag and Gambhir also have requested permission from BCCI to leave a day later to Pakistan as they wish to play in Ranji match before the Pak tour (this is a repeat, I know... please don't shred me apart). However, in Rediff Cricket, Gambhir has not been named in the list of players who will leave Pakistan one day later than the entire team. I guess Gambhir's request has been overturned by BCCI so that India goes to Pakistan with 12 players at least.

Kiran More, was reported to be very upset with Ganguly for skipping the ranji tie against Gujarat in Surat. He has written a letter to the board secretary, Niranjan Shah asking the him to seek an explanation from the star batsman. Shah has forwarded the letter to the Cricket Association of Bengal asking them to get a reply from Ganguly on the matter.

Adding another twist to the story, Ganguly was reported as missing the Ranji matches due to "unavoidable personal reasons" whereas J. Dalmiya had said that Ganguly missed the Ranji matches due to "logistical" reasons and not due to any personal reasons...

Ganguly controversy continues....

Last edited:
Pak_cricketer said:
The PCB have announced the Pakistan "A" team.

Pakistan A: Hasan Raza (capt), Imran Farhat, Mohammad Wasim, Faisal Iqbal, Asim Kamal, Bazid Khan, Zulqarnain Haider, Mansoor Amjad, Mohammad Irshad, Umar Gul, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Yasir Arafat.

Very strong team! The likes of Hasan Raza, Imran Farhat and Asim Kamal in the batting and Iftikhar Anjum, Umar Gul in the bowling! Very nice selection, but Gul should be in the final squad aswell.

Yasir Arafat is taunted as a very good prospect for Pakistan in the future. If Umar Gul does not perform well and Yasir Arafat takes the honours in the practise match, will the Pak selectors give Yasir Arafat a chance ahead of Umar Gul??

It is a 12 man squad, that mean only 1 player will be dropped before the game. Probable line-up:

Imran Farhat
Mohammed Wasim
Bazid Khan
Hasan Raza
Asim Kamal
Faisal Iqbal
Zulqarnain Haider
Mansoor Amjad
Yasir Arafat
Rao Ifthikar Anjum
Umar Gul

zMario said:
Darell Hair might be replaced!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's Party!!!
Replaced by whom?? Please don't say Bucknor!!! The Pakistanis will party even harder if Bucknor replaces Hair.

zMario said:
Darell Hair might be replaced!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's Party!!!

First of all in the first test. He will be as an umpire. But he might be replace for the final 2 test. Hope Bucknor doesn't come.

aditya123 said:
This would be my side for the first test :

Virender Sehwag
Yuvraj Singh
R.Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS.Laxman
Sourav Ganguly
M.S.Dhoni
I.Pathan
Z.Khan
Anil Kumble
R.P.Singh (picked ahead of Agarkar because I feel he is a different sort of bowler to Pathan and Khan . The surprise factor could do it for India . Also, h extracts good bounce)

Imran Khan has said that Pakistan are huge favorites to win this series and has also gone on to say that they could in it easily if Inzy and Shoaib play every game .

I would like to disagree with the great man .
In Indo-Pak cricket, the past series is of no significance . England lost to Pakistan 2-0 but that does not ncessarily mean a cakewalk for Pakistan against India . If Iam not wrong Pakistan beat SA 1-0 and NZ in NZ 2-0 just before India toured Pakistan in 2004 .
India were expected to beat Pakistan easily in the tests earlier this year but it did not turn out to be so .

That is the beauty of Indo-Pak cricket .
`Expect the unexpected`

Either Yuvraj or Dravid can open! No problem at all. I feel Dravid would be better equipped because of his amazing technique! He can stay for long periods in the crease and thats what we expect from an opener!

I feel we should use Ganguly's defensive batting. Pakistan are going to attack us definitely. So we need attacking as well as defensive batsman! Ganguly is a defensive batsman and can stay at the crease for sometime (he showed that during the Delhi test!). So he should play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread