India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
siddharth2002 said:
I'd still prefer Kartik in the test side over Dhoni. Kartik can also bat agressively and also has a solid defence unlike Dhoni. Dhoni is an ODI player not a test player. Wait and watch during the Pak tour and everybody will know. Sadly Patel has been selected over Kartik from nowhere, the BCCI is in shambles, again!!!!

I agree with you. If Dhoni fails. Then more likely they will send Patel in the second as a test. Like I said before in my earlier post. If Ghambhir or Shewag plays first, and in one of them who fails will replace Jaffer in the second test.

Here is my likely XI for the first test match at Lahore

Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
VVS Laxman
Sachin Tendulkar
Saurav Ganguly
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni
Irfan Pathan
Ajit Agarkar
Anil Kumble
Zaheer Khan

Since the Lahore wicket might assist the seamers (the last year test match at Lahore also was a seamer's wicket and barring Yuvraj's hundred and Pathan, no one got stuck in!). So three seamers is a must! Agarkar gets in instead of RP Singh because of his batting since if we have a collapse at the top, the lower order's form can save us!

Hmm, I don't Dhoni will fail so disastrously that Patel will be chosen. Just because Greg Chappell has made some random changes doesn't mean that he will just continue pulling cats out of the bag. Or rabbits, for that matter. As for Harbhajan begin dropped, I think India will more or less go through with the 2-2 combo, unless they really see something in the pitch that'll allow them to use 3 seamers in the first AND second innings.

Sureshot said:
No Harbhajan, or is he injured?

No, he's not injured! That line up of mine was accounting of the pitches that can be expected when India plays Pakistan! Last time in 2004 when we played at Lahore, we received a green pitch and we were shot out for 287 in the first day (that too after being some 100 odd for 5 and then we were rescued by Yuvraj and Pathan!). So I expect the pitch this time also to be a green one with bounce and seam movement!

Some NEWS regarding the recent Indian team selection

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1051226/asp/sports/story_5645904.asp

Kumble, Bhajji (H.Singh), and Pathan will DEFINITELY play. No doubts about that. Give me negative reps if I am wrong.
EDIT: Doesn't count if either is injured or cannot play for any non-cricketing reason.

Last edited:
Adarsh said:
Kumble, Bhajji, and Pathan will DEFINITELY play. No doubts about that. Give me negative reps if I am wrong.
I can't wait to give u neg reps. I can agree with Kumble and Pathan playing, but why Balaji?

zMario said:
I can't wait to give u neg reps. I can agree with Kumble and Pathan playing, but why Balaji?
Now I'm going to give you neg reps for that. It's Bhajji not Balaji. :D

What's the deal with Hair and Pakistan? Did he make lots of bad decisions in the England series? Latest (to my knowledge) is that the PCB is trying to get Hair changed. Doesn't matter to me as long as Bucknor is not the replacing umpire.

Lol Hair is back. I heard that my Pakistani friends said that Hair does lot of bad decisions againts England. Which were LBW supposed to be given out.

In the series against Eng, Darrel Hair was unbelievably harsh against Pakistan for so-called damaging the 'protected zone', especially when Butt was batting and Kaneria was bowling. Strangely, though, in the first match, which Hair didn't umpire in, there were no such warnings and as soon as Kaneria changed to Taufel's end to bowl while Hair was umpiring at the other end, the warnings stopped. So you can see why Pakistan don't won't Hair to be umpiring in a crucial series like the one coming up.

watching the highlights of the 2004 Karachi ODI ! What a game !
I hope we get matches like that in the forthcoming series

CAn someone post this pic in the first page .

Attachments

• ip.JPG
    ip.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread