India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZoraxDoom said:
He could have lept out of the way. He barely defended himself, pretty easily defended it down.
Leapt out of the way?? Inzimam needs a week's notice to leap ANYwhere. It was within the rules but you have to admit that the ball was NOT going to hit the stumps, its very clear on the replays that it was going above and to the legside of the stumps. If the ball is coming straight at you, you instinctively try to block it and yes, leaping out of the way might have been the thing to do but Inzimam's bulk prevented any such sudden movements and the only choice he had left was to block it with his bat. I dont believe he was doing it deliberately to stop it going to the stumps. But its still a fair decision.
As was the final decision to stop for the light. Dravid should have known this at least 10 overs before the end that light was being a factor there and he needs to hurry things up but I still saw the Indian team taking their time in field changes and between overs. It was too late towards the end when he was actually TOLD by the umpires that they would go off if he continued with the pacers. Someone in the dressing room (Chappell) should have kept an eye on D/L and let Dravid know what was needed.
Very good match in the end, and a just result.

Well, India should ideally look to bounce back strongly at Rawalpindi! They surely need to bounce back because a 2-0 deficit becomes increasingly harder to bounce back from that to win the series! India should ideally try to do the following to increase their chances of winning at Rawalpindi

1. Save either of Irfan or Dhoni for the final slog overs! May be it would be a better idea to send in Kaif as the permanent No.3! Kaif is useless at the slog overs! He can hardly improvise on his shots and is unable to go hammer tongs! If he is at No.3, he can well score at run a ball and keep the scoreboard ticking at a good pace and can also play solidly! Of course you can have either Irfan or Dhoni occasionally surprising the opposition by coming at No.3! But Kaif has to be built at a future permanent No.3!

2. VEERU - The moment he comes back to the opening slot, he starts failing! He scored well in the middle order against South Africa! It wont be a bad idea if India open with Tendulkar and Dhoni with Sehwag playing at No.4! Its not going to make a difference on a helpful track for the bowlers because both Dhoni and Sehwag dont have the best of techniques!

3.Bhajji - I said this in a previous message of mine, but I think we can help ourselves with the experience of Harbhajan and we can also avail his energetic fielding which will add to our already tremendous fielding unit!

4. Experiment with the opening bowling attack - Even though Irfan bowled decently in this match, he doesnt have the pace to trouble the batsmen! Instead we can try to open the bowling with Sreesanth and Zaheer Khan (or) Ajit Agarkar! Let Irfan come as one change! Irfan at his current pace, is at best a one change bowler! He should be used as a one change bowler (if he does not improve his pace anymore!).

These are some of the things that we should do to bounce back at Rawalpindi! I hope we bounce back at Rawalpindi!

Kaif has played a few good innings in the slog overs, in his time. I think you have to give some credit to the Pakistanis in the death, they were bowling very tight yorkers. Duckworth-Lewis always leaves people feeling like they were cheated, but all the teams have agreed to its usage. It will never capture the actual match situation, but it will capture the actual math situation.

I didn't watch Inzy's run out but Cricinfo makes it seem like he was deliberately preventing the ball from going on to the stumps. Similar to Steve Waugh's "handling the ball" in Australia's 2001 India tour. Pakistan will always have the advantage batting last because they have such big hitters. They deserved to win this riding on Asif's bowling and a splendid batting performance.

How fast was Sreesanth bowling?

Wow I don't know how Pakistan pulled that one off but congratulations to Pakistan and their fans on this victory. Malik may well be Pakistan number 3 after that performance. I knew Butt would perform against India, he always seems to lift against them.

The problem for India was there bowling yet again. Pathan is having problems, while the others aren't being very economical. I feel they need to get R Singh back in the side.

Veeru

saisrini80 said:
2. VEERU - The moment he comes back to the opening slot, he starts failing! He scored well in the middle order against South Africa! It wont be a bad idea if India open with Tendulkar and Dhoni with Sehwag playing at No.4! Its not going to make a difference on a helpful track for the bowlers because both Dhoni and Sehwag dont have the best of techniques!

Exactly! I have said before that Veeru is a natural middle order batsman, both in Tests and ODIs. Veeru can score tons at No.4 or 5, but we need to protect Veeru from the new moving ball. Akash Chopra should open in Tests with Jaffer.

you don't protect batsmen. If you do, they dont' deserve to play in the team. If a player in in the team..it is because the management thinks he is capable of playing according to teh conditions and requirements.

I thought India would win at 305/3 but when the ended the innings at 328...i was quite sure that Pakistan will reach the target. Pacemen lack speed...and that will affect India unless we look for both temporary/permanent solutions.

Pakistan is fine for now...Shoaib will be back for the next game, so they have plenty of options. I believe Pakistan is a much better side...and may be the best in a decade or so...so much options, flexibility..proven players and hungry youngsters. India is on the right track..except for some genuine fast bowlers.

aussie1st said:
I knew Butt would perform against India, he always seems to lift against them.

Hope you know Salman Butt took one of a "Great Cricket Classic Catche" that had four runs written all over it, He a good young star for Pakistan.

Great match! Brilliant batting by both teams but Pakistan batted little better in my opinion. Once again, Indian bowlers proved that they're crap! And, I think the Indian selectors were drunk when they selected Muri. He's such a horrible bowler. Sreesanth looked good but too much aggression. Great 100 by Sachin and lovely fire work by Pathan and Dhoni. Hope India will bounce back in the next match.

usy said:
Hope you know Salman Butt took one of a "Great Cricket Classic Catche" that had four runs written all over it, He a good young star for Pakistan.

Ya Salman Butt has played well against India...and he is a great player...i am not against india or something but c'mon nobody can hide the truth...

Pak_cricketer said:
I am very impressed by Asif! He has bowled 100 deleveries in 2 ODIs and has given 44 runs and taken 5 wickets!

Man what can i say about Asif...he is the man...he has a great future if he keep up his bowling like these...he would be a great bowler... :cheers

yep, Asif really is going to be a good player "if" he Continues to play like this. I think he will.

m_vaughan said:
Well it was a good match overall. Its amazing how often 300+ scores are being posted now days.

Not really on the subcontinent.

Times are a changing though.

If a team scores 300+ at an overcast Headingley then it's different :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread